A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

a hypothetical question, which (of course) has a parable to go with.... - NocturnalHooter

Posted: Jan 27, 2012

Equipment/Internet Requirements:

• Windows XP with service pack 2
  • Microsoft Office 2003 or Microsoft Office 2000

After XP, there was Vista..

After Vista, there was Windows7

After Microsoft Office 2003, there was 2007

After 2007, there was 2010

Here's my question...  wait for it.. it's coming....

Here it is...

WHO IN THE HECK WANTS TO WORK FOR A COMPANY WHOSE INFRASTRUCTURE (SOFTWARE) IS NO LESS THAN 9 YEARS OBSOLETE??????

NocturnalHooter - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
unless, of course, that company that's advertising the jobs is also paying line rates compatible with what was being paid in 2000, 2003, and pre-2007....

not likely...

I'll have what they are having...what do I care? - onewantstowork

[ In Reply To ..]

i was going to post the very same thing yesterday - incognito

[ In Reply To ..]
It's even older than 9 years.

The only thing I really care about is whether the platform is clunky and slow and you have to jump through many hoops just to get started on a report. That to me is even worse than older software.
I will only work on Escription, DocQScribe or Bayscribe now. No point trying to make any money on others.

There are so many things about this profession that are unusually annoying and unfair which directly impact our pay, which is quite archaic and should be illegal.

Do you actually - mmmt

[ In Reply To ..]
make money on DocQscribe (ASR)? Been using it a long time and IT SUCKS!

I have no problem with it, beats buying a new - sm - XXX

[ In Reply To ..]
every couple of years. I will not upgrade to a new(er) compueter until I have to. I have had the same computer for a while now, 6-8 years or so; all I have had to replace is the power supply on it last year ($50). Granted I would love something faster but the fastest computer in the world will not make my work any faster as I work either on aircard or dialup. The platform I work on works with XP and 7 so why change. I still use Word 2000 too, though I am about to upgrade that to 2007 as my 2000 just has too many bugs in it now (EXtext did not help) and I want to start with a clean slate when I get the new Smartype that is out...have the old now (not sure if I want to change that though, still need to try the trial). So doing some housecleaning of my hard drive and soon it will be like I have a brand new computer anyway with the only expense being a couple programs (Word 2007 and Smartype) and an external hard drive for backup and cleanup. But until the hospital my MTSO says we have to upgrade to Windows 7,it is not gonna happen.

flip side - tippycanoe

[ In Reply To ..]
Who wants to hire an MT who doesn't realize many hospitals are still equipped with technology from the 1990s :)

You surely don't think every time Microsoft decides it needs to make your system obsolete, that hospitals run and change all their technology, do you??

As long as they're advanced enough to have direct deposit, - I can live with outdated software

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Parable About Outsourcing
Jul 15, 2012

Just the link. ...

Hypothetical Situation
Feb 19, 2014

Let's say for a moment you get this kind of exchange: TSM: When will be making up the time you missed from your appointment? (note, MT was lying, this was really an interview for a job that didn't pan out) MT: I won't be. To be honest, I don't really like this line of work at all, my motivations are being here are strictly financial. Your company is just a stepping stone, a crutch, until I can find something that can get me out of this dying industry. Has management ...

Hypothetical - If An Account Dries Up At Diskriter...
May 03, 2011

would one hopefully be placed on another account/accounts or just plain let go?  Insight and discussion with a current or former Diskriter employee would be appreciated.  ...