A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wow - Apparently Transcend DOES pay well! - (sm)

Posted: May 14, 2011

http://people.forbes.com/profile/susan-mcgrogan/80763

Susan McGrogan

President and Chief Operating Officer

Transcend Services, Inc.

Atlanta ,  GA

Sector: HEALTHCARE  /  Medical Practitioners

Officer since August 2006

44 Years Old
Susan McGrogan has served as our President since August 2009, as our Chief Operating Officer since February 2007 and Senior Vice President of Operations between August 2006 and February 2007. Ms. McGrogan joined us in January 2005 upon our acquisition of Medical Dictation, Inc. Prior to joining us, Ms. McGrogan was President of Medical Dictation, Inc. from May 2003 to January 2005. Ms. McGrogan holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Georgia.
Compensation for 2010
Salary $275,000.00
Bonus $0.00
Restricted stock awards $435,780.00
All other compensation $2,206.00
Option awards $ $0.00
Non-equity incentive plan compensation $120,000.00
Change in pension value and nonqualified deferred compensation earnings $0.00
Total Compensation $832,986.00

and I bet she doesn't work weekends either! - OhioMT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Bet she works plenty of weekends and evenings both. There - are lots of other people who want her job. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

And I am NOT one of them. - Money would be nice but would cost too much

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Yeah, but she obviously isn't working eves/weekends for sub-poverty line pay. - Just My 4 Cents

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Certainly not. She went to college and grad school, - then busted her butt for years to.
[ In Reply To ..]
get where she is. People do not get and keep those positions by being unwilling to work long and hard.
As have many MTs. sm - Just My 4 Cents
[ In Reply To ..]
Some MTs have degrees/advanced degrees and choose this profession for a plethora of reasons such as family. I became a military wife after serving myself when I got into this field, back when transcription paid well and employers generally esteemed their workers as knowledgeable, valuable assets and before they started using technology as an excuse to pay nothing. It was a good way to add income to the family coffers while having to move around a lot in support of my husband and our country. I am college educated, holding a couple of degrees. I bust my butt as do many MTs, and the knowledge required to do this job well warrants better pay for the people who are the reason MTSO companies can exist - maybe not $275K base, but certainly more than a despicable 4 cents a freakin' line.
thats the trade-off. - ida
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Wow - trading off family...to afford food? - Just My 4 Cents
[ In Reply To ..]
Management can keep thinking that's a fair trade if they want to, until the company and others of its ilk find their revenue streams dried up. If you find that kind of "trade off" acceptable, then that is conceited capitalism at its worst.
so this gives her the right to run a sweat shop and make sure the - TRCR
[ In Reply To ..]
middle/lower class gets even poorer? I think not.
Nope. But they are 2 different topics, right? - We need to be marching in the streets.
[ In Reply To ..]
Corporate greed and dropping worker incomes, across the board, is a giant national problem worthy of talking about all day every day.

It's counterproductive to sidetrack into silliness about executives lying around eating bonbons while we slave.

She works many weekends! - FoundMyHome

[ In Reply To ..]
Sue definitely works weekends. I have seen emails go out to the entire staff especially on weekends. She is in constant contact with management or anyone else within the company who wants to call her. I have NEVER worked for a company where the CEO/Pres gives out their own cellphone number for you to contact them. Definitely one of the MOST down to earth business women you could ever meet!

Like any business, you have to put in the time and the effort to grow it bigger. Transcend didn't get this big by someone sloughing off. Seems some People on here need to realize you get what you work for!

Yes, "People on here need to realize you get what you work for" - TRCR

[ In Reply To ..]
I am working for a cheap piece of garbage and I am getting nothing but garbage now from this company. Sue is available - if she wants to be but more than likely she will not answer the phone unless it is one of her buddies calling her. She is just not that nice.
then quit Transcend and let someone who wants to work do so - FoundMyHome
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Apparently many have followed your advice and are continuing to do so - Just My 4 Cents
[ In Reply To ..]
So much for their staffing effort to become the employer of choice. The MT who "wants to work" will not do so ad infinitum for 4 cents a line - not in the US. Even for those who hang in there trying to hold out hope and believe Transcend, eventually it boils down to the mortgage or the MTSO.
Experienced MTs get more than 4 cents/line - FoundMyHome
[ In Reply To ..]
If that is all you are getting and you are currently working for Transcend, I am shocked. You should talk to your TL/ROM about that.
Tell the 10+ year, 10-11 cpl ex-MDIers-turned-VR-victims, as if they were given a choice. - Just My 4 Cents
[ In Reply To ..]
If you're shocked then you're head is in the sand. Transcend's across-the-board VR rate is common knowledge.

Says who? The only email I recieve is when they buy out another company - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
And even if that is true, her salary covers for her doing that on her "off" time. However, I'm expected to answer emails, talk on the phone, attend meetings, and I don't get paid for any of that. Whatever.

They told shareholders possible "upward pressure" on wages-maybe we'll join $ue! - Just my 4 Cents

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously though, how long can Transcend expect to pay highly skilled, knowledgeable workers dirt and continue to be profitable off their backs? MT pay will increase, if not industry wide then at least in the case of Transcend's laughable business model, simply because people can't live off pennies and will have to find jobs that pay at least a surviving (not to mention living) wage. I know I couldn't so I had to leave them and their 4 cents for better pastures.

As was said before, "let the silent revolution begin."

Where do I read that, please? If they said that on the record, - that means something! :) NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

See post below, "Having trouble making ends meet at Transcend?" sm - Just My 4 Cents

[ In Reply To ..]
The COO's pay had already been mentioned in that thread.

Transcend's statement about wages in their quarterly report reads:

"It is possible that in the future a tightening labor market could result in upward pressure on wages, but to date we have not seen evidence of this and we do not anticipate this occurring in the short-term."

I worked for Transcend via buyout, and my experience tells me that when they use the word "future," it's GOING to happen (with us MTs, the line went "not in the *forseeable* future). They're snowing the target for as long as possible, then when it happens they can't say you weren't forewarned of the "possibility." At least this time, it will be for the benefit of MTs! LOL - oh pardon, MLSs :-/
...and here's a link to Transcend's 10-Q filed with the SEC on 3/31/2011... - Just My 4 Cents
[ In Reply To ..]

...in case you're like me and like to hear from the horse's mouth :-)  The paragraph about upward wage pressure is in the Outlook section (do Control-F and search the page for "upward pressure").  My favorite laugh of the whole document is when they state that they will try to stave off staffing issues "by attempting to develop a reputation as one of the best places to work in the industry."  4 cents - oh, the best!  ROFLM(upward pressure)AO!!!

http://quote.morningstar.com/stock-filing/Quarterly-Report/2011/3/31/t.aspx?t=XNAS:TRCR&ft=10-Q&d=851476007f5ed752c90f15dac8b3e1dc

So, we work our heads off for our 4 cents a line to pay the suits - Lily

[ In Reply To ..]
big salaries is what this confirms once again to me. In the corporate world, you are either an Indian or a Chief. The indians do all the work, the chiefs make all the money. To me, there is an extreme imbalance when the Indians can barely make a living, and the chiefs make upward of $800,000. Disgraceful!

So I guess MTs are the real fools here? - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
Must be nice to not have to listen to these dictators and not have to deal with this software and make that kind of money. Shame on her and this company for getting on us about overtime and padding our lines, yet she makes this?! Incredible.

who do you think - mtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
secured those dictators, schmoozes those dictators, chooses and deals with the software, etc.

If you want to be a CEO, go be one. You do that knowing you will make more than you do as an MT.

I don't get slamming her because she paved herself a pretty nice road.

She doesn't do all that-the peons below her do - Sickandtired

[ In Reply To ..]
and it's not that big a deal because most of it has been in place for years. Better, who sits behind her desk and figures out all the pay cuts and and stupid ways to do things that DO NOT benefit the MTs, like how to pay the Indians 3 cents a line and ship our work over there, but I bet it helps put more money in the suits pockets, oh yes!

Actually, Sue worked for a company that Transcend bought out - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
So no, she did not do all the work. I'm not knocking her pay, I'm knocking the fact that she can sit back and make what she makes, and keep paying us crap. And I'm sure HR and the employee reps get paid pretty too, and they've never even done transcription, yet try to tell us how to do it. I'm a capitalist through and through, but when one is making a ton of dough of the backs of the actual workers and feels the workers deserve nothing but bad pay and abusive ROMs, then I have a problem.
She was President of MDI(FL), '03-'05 before Transcend acquired, hardly the trenches. - Just My 4 Cents
[ In Reply To ..]

...and held numerous upper management positions at Transcend subsequently - lest people misinterpret and miss why she would have no empathy.

http://people.forbes.com/profile/susan-mcgrogan/80763

MTs real fools - down in the trenches

[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't you get into transcription because you loved it - if you didn't find another job. Transcription comes with challenges, but you claim you are so good as an MT you are worth so much more. Shame on you!

Transcend's Leading Lady -COO Sue - Down in the trenches

[ In Reply To ..]
To those of you who have no clue and decided to bash (which is what you are good at), I have worked for Sue for quite a number of years and you want to talk about work ethic here - this lady works 24/7 literally to ensure MT satisfaction as well as customer satisfaction. I have been told and seen time and time again that MTs are the backbone of the company and without them we would not have a company and everyone should be thankful for the job they do day in and day out. I can personally tell you that I have never worked for someone who cares about everyone and is willing to help everyone in anyway and talks to MTs one on one. She has seen me as well as some others through some difficult personal times in our lives and we still have a job! I have never worked for another employer with such passion for the people. When you people out there who bash everybody are ready to take on 500 customers, 3,000 employees and be the blame for anything that goes wrong and work day and night - you can have the big bucks too! And let's not forget that everything you see if not black and white but for a few biggots out there, who are very small minded I guess there are no gray areas huh - you guys are perfect! Work ethics - you people need to take a lesson from her - from what I see on these boards none of you know the meaning of that. Until you know her, work for her, don't bash her. Ever been in a bind and your employer couldn't care less - it's your problem - well let me tell you, if you were working for Sue and needed help she would be the first to give it hands down and you wouldn't lose your job. She is generous to a fault with her time and in many, many other ways. I can name so many good things she has done for employees it would make your head spin - but you guys would just make something bad out of it like you always do. For everybody out there, you would be so lucky to work for her, you would know the true meaning of a company who cares! Make something out of this - I'd love to see what it is!

"Leading Lady"? "Biggots?" Wow, the egotism. The thread's crux is low wages - Just My 4 Cents

[ In Reply To ..]
...for MTs, and McGrogan's salary is used in comparison to the unlivable wage paid to the very people who are the heartbeat of the company. And what made you mention bigots - who even mentioned race? Who cares what race she is. We care about being able to afford roofs over our heads, food in our mouths, and clothes on our backs. We're not greedy - no one has even asked to make enough to put our kids through college.

Drop the ego and raise the pay.

Obviously another suit - mtmom

[ In Reply To ..]
All the things this person said in the previous post, plus this one, just shows she must be a suit. I've never spoken with Sue about anything, and I've never seen her stick up for the people who have abusive ROMs either. And I have never said I begrudge her pay, I have a problem with the fact that they do tell us we should be thankful we have jobs, that they don't offer raises, and that our pay is less than what we could make at fast food, yet they pay these office people all this money when we're the ones doing the work. But whatever...
Obviously a few of them from the haughty (and worse) tones. - Just My 4 Cents
[ In Reply To ..]
...and/or their loyal followers.

Similar Messages:

Apparently, Transcend Is Initiating Something
May 06, 2012

M Modal cesspool, but not quite that bad.  They are prioritizing stats from all of your secondary accounts in front of your primary, making it harder obviously to produce lines.  Did anyone get the email about this?  I am wondering if this is a Nuance thing that is now being introduced?   I know why companies do this, it is to their benefit, and they care nothing about us, but it just infuriates me as another kick in the face to MTs and lack of caring about anything but ...

I'm Apparently The Only One...
Nov 24, 2009

I've been an MT for years (about 10).  I've worked subcontracting for many companies, local docs and my local hospital.  I've worked for probably 10 internet companies on a temp basis to help with overflow (usually covering summer vacations).  I've never had just one company, always several, so if one was out of work, another could provide.  Of all the companies I have worked for... I like MedQuist the best... I know I'm alone in this apparently, but ...

Well Apparently To Be An MT...
Aug 21, 2012

All you have to know how to do is type really fast.  At least that is what I've been told by a couple of staffing companies.  (I don't agree with this by they way).  Just thought it was odd that this is how medical transcription is viewed by some these days. ...

Apparently,
Nov 18, 2013

I have tried for over 3 hours today to make my "elecions" for insurance to NO avail.  Of course, no one answers the phone to help you OR responds to e-mail request for help.  How much more difficult can this be. When I hit the "submit" button NOTHING happens.  Screen locks up. I am surrendering this fiasco for tonight.   Hopefully, I can find somebody tomorrow that will help me.  Apparenlty, I am to dense to do this.  ARGH!!!!!! I just feel like everything ...

Apparently We Are On Our Own
Mar 05, 2014

So we get the email today that the QC is overloaded with her job and to please utilize the style guide and BOS and other Mmodal goodies rather than calling or emailing her. You know Mmodal/Shaw, if we actually were allowed to contact other MTs on our same accounts we wouldn't need to contact our QC every time the client decides to make exceptions for each doctor and it never gets added to the CP or we just cannot figure out what that doc is saying. But apparently we are truly on our o ...

Apparently I Am 100% ASR Now. I Made
Dec 07, 2010

$30 less today than when it has been mixed straight and ASR typing and it has been the longest day of my life.  I have eaten more, got up more.  I cannot sit still.  If this is supposed to be "easier" on us than typing, they are full of hooey.  ...

Wow - Apparently MQ Pays Well, Too!
May 14, 2011

http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/ceou/database.cfm?tkr=MEDQ&pg=6 CEO Pay Database Peter MasanottiPresident and Chief Executive Officer MEDQUIST INC (MEDQ)Headquarters: MOUNT LAUREL, NJBusiness Services 2009 Compensation   2009     Salary $500,000 Bonus $0 Value of Stock Awards $0 Value of Option Awards $0 Non-Equity Incentive Plan Compensation $700,000 Change in Pension Value and Deferred Compensati ...

I Would Like To Have Someone Who Is Apparently More Enlightened Sm
May 26, 2015

than I am, to explain to me how, when I am told to take my lph divided by 2 and my overall lines for the day and divide by 2, how we are getting paid for all the lines we do.  I'm curious how that is explained so people see that they are actually getting paid for all the lines. For example, I am told that I need to figure C-LPH which is basically my lph divided in half.  So if I am able to edit 250 lph, for the grid that is equivalent to 125 clph.  Then my total lines are di ...

Our Wonderful ASR. Apparently, Since It Still
Jun 23, 2015

cannot figure out the word Xarelto even though it's seen it corrected tens of thousands of times by now, it has decided that word is "femoral tunnel."  Not even remotely close!  The doctors/administrators who are drooling over the thought of VR cutting us out would be in shock to see what it actually cranks out. ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Apparently According To TCM We May Have To Make Schedule Changes
Feb 28, 2013

I have made 3 schedule changes in the last year and I think I am pretty much done.  It seems that they are working with capacity planning to insure work for everyone so guess what that means..mandatory schedule changes once again.  So sick of this. Quit hiring, then maybe we wouldn't need mandatory schedule changes. Just a thought! ...

So Apparently ONE SINGLE TIME Of ...
Oct 18, 2013

Coming in above 15% in our proficiency statistics will earn us Mentoring.  My kids were out of school for fall break so I had a lot of distractions that week but I'm seeing that it only takes ONE week before they consider you "mentoring material". Last week, I was at 4%.    ...

My Coworker Quit - Apparently W/o Notice
Jun 18, 2012

I have watched with horror what you transcribed.  You have moved on.  I wish I could publicize your name and warn every MTSO in the sound of my voice about the destruction you cause.  If anyone deserves having their keyboard banned for life, it is you.  It's time you retire and stop desroying lives.  Thank you for the chance to give the clients a better report now that you are gone. ...

Apparently I Qualify For Their Health Insurance.
Jul 03, 2013

I also am wondering how much would be taken out of my check for the health insurance for just myself. Thanks! ...

So Apparently For Those Of Us With No Audited Reports In FIESA....
Dec 17, 2014

.. we get an automatic score of 99.0%. I have one report in there on 12/3 but no reports for the pay week of 12/6-12/12, so they assigned me a score of 99.0%. The one report that is in there from 12/3 is higher than that. I have no idea what they base this 99.0% score on. I guess this is just a number that felt right to them, so they went with it. I'm not the only one with no audited reports for the pay week and a 99.0% score. This must be an automatic score you receive if you have no audti ...

Patient Has Train Morse. ASR Apparently Thinks
Aug 26, 2010

QA Submission - Apparently Client Rule Reports
Jan 17, 2011

that are sent to QA, the ones you are forced to send due to the client wanting all reports QA's, a certain dictator, etc....I was just reading in the "Rewards" Plan that these reports are NOT counted towards our QA submission . I have read posts here where MTs were frustrated because they thought they WERE.  Please read (I think page 10 but not sure) where it says they are NOT.  If you feel yours are counting against you, copy and paste the paragraph and send it to your CCM.  ...

Apparently, I Just Cannot Type Verbatim! Either That Or QA Is Trying To Drive Me Crazy!
May 17, 2011

I started a second job for extra money and so I'm on 100% QA.  I keep getting feedback for what I consider to be the most inane reasons.  I am old school.  When a dictator starts as sentence "patient is here for..."  I type "The patient is here for ...."  So QA has pinged me several times for not typing "verbatim."  So I've tried to be very conscious and listen very closely.  Now I've gotten feedback where I clearly thought I heard patient, typed ...

Apparently Sten-Tel Is Offering 2 Cpl For Editing And 5 Cpl For Transcription
Mar 22, 2013

. ...

MM Apparently Opening A New "healthcare Technology Center"
May 14, 2014

Don't know what to make of that....just another example of how they want to invest in their Indian employees. If you call slave wages an investment that is. ...

Longest Medical Word, Or Any Word Apparently
Jun 04, 2010

Just thought it was interesting.     pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis:   pneu⋅mo⋅no⋅ul⋅tra⋅mi⋅cro⋅scop⋅ic⋅sil⋅i⋅co⋅ vol⋅ca⋅no⋅co⋅ni⋅o⋅sis   // //  /ˈnumÉ™noʊˌÊŒltrəËŒmaɪkrəËŒskÉ’pɪkˈsɪlɪËŒkoÊŠvÉ’lËŒkeɪnoʊËŒkoÊŠniˈoÊŠsɪs, ˈnyu-/ Show Spelled Pronu ...

VR At Transcend
Nov 18, 2009

Did VR develop Alzheimer's?  It has lost everything.  I am tired of no commas, periods, and everything else it reverted back to since its infancy.  It is really true that now you can transcribe faster than you can edit.  Does anyone even care?  Do you know how many times you have to stop in the middle of labs to put in punctuation?   This has been going on for over a month and I haven't noticed any big push to get it fixed.  Just another way to m ...

MDI/Transcend Pay For ULD? M
Feb 01, 2010

Does anyone remember in the conference calls, mention of MDI/Transcend paying for unlimited long distance phone charges for employees?  I remember this being mentioned but can't recall all the details;  if it was for FT only, everyone, etc.  Does anyone remember details and if that still stands? ...

To MDI/Transcend MTs : Is Anyone Else
Feb 01, 2010

work today?  ...

Transcend TLs ??
Feb 08, 2010

I am curious as to if the TLs are meeting their requirements.  They are expected to type 75-80% of their time and get paid by the line as well .  I am very suspicious that they are not typing VR all day, having their work sent to India, etc, and are getting the straight typing.  They get paid a flat fee per month for their administrative duties on top of that.  I wonder if they are experiencing no work and looking at a blank screen most of their time& ...

Transcend MTs
Mar 03, 2010

n/m ...

Is There More Than One Transcend? I See Their
Mar 19, 2010

job ad on the Seeker's board and it sounds like a place I would like to work.  I work for a company also called Transcend, but they are not a place that I would recommend to anyone.  I haven't worked all week as there has been no work.  Just NJA. So maybe this Transcend is in a parallel universe.  It certainly could not be the same place where I'm employed.  ...

About Transcend
Mar 28, 2010

I have read dozens of posts on the board about Transcend, some good and a lot not so good.  However, I think there is an explanation for some MTs loving it there and others hating it so much. Transcend is a company made up of many other companies through mergers. The original Transcend who existed first, before acquiring other companies seems to be the problem.  On the other hand, for example MDI/Transcend, for the most part does not seem to fit that description. You have to remember ...

VR With Transcend?
Apr 21, 2010

I'm coming to the realization that unless I get faster with editing these VR reports, I am never going to be able to make the full-time production requirements at Transcend.  I'm really freaking out.  Is it really possible to do 300 lines per hour in VR?  How long does it take to get faster with it?    ...

Want To See What Our Value Is To Transcend?
May 19, 2010

Google Star Clip Itz Note Holder w/ Metal Rod & Alligator Clip to see exactly how much it cost Transcend per MT for this gift that bears so much thought and appreciation.  Do they really not realize how it affects their corporate image when their priority is placed on spending $600,000+ on a failed business venture versus the amount spent to "appreciate" the motor that makes their business run?  That's like spending more than a half million dollars to buy a garage to hous ...