A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx and Mmodal...grrrrrr!!! - anon

Posted: Feb 03, 2011

Wow, I thought I had heard of everything under the sun, Webmedx just outdid themselves. This will be a serious gripe, so don't read if you don't want to hear it! Time to quit for sure! Got an e-mail that my "pause rate" was too high on ISR (over 10% as measured by MModal). Well, I get to the 9500 lines per week consistently, and my last accuracy rate was 99.85%, but guess that doesn't count! I need to explain myself and improve this area immediately!

Lately a lot of dictators that are HORRIBLE have been put on ISR, and it is a total mess! So, I guess my taking time trying to access other reports and look up things or reseach terms is making that pause rate too high, I don't know what else explains it, because I am typing my heart out trying not to be at poverty level! But, if we leave too many blanks we are in trouble too!! Or, if our quality isn't 98% or above, then the axe falls. PULLING MY HAIR OUT!!!!  You can't have it both ways WEBMEDX!

Uh oh - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll probably have a notice coming my way soon. I agree with you about the horrible dictators on ISR.

Looks like brick-on-the-pedal time, again. - That way, theyll think you never stop - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
typing, even while you're looking things up! LOL !!!!!

brick on pedal - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Remember when they changed and said we had to have 40 hours versus the 35 hours in order to have benefits? Remember them telling us BY LAW we could take a 10 minute break every 4 hours, where we are still SIGNED IN but not typing? The effect being that if we did this, as we are allowed to do by law, then it really was only several more hours of work to reach the newly required 40 hours? Now, they can't have it both ways! And they can't put every single dictator on ISR where ISR totally mangles it, and expect low blank rate, high accuracy, no pauses, and high production! I think someone in charge has never done transcription and is pushing this on all of us as if we are robots! And I know her initials, ummm first initial J that is all I'm saying...bet you can figure it out.

Most people in charge have never done transcription, surely - the people buying into OS and VR havent. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Companies like to try the next 'new thing' AKA fad that consultants recommend - Not that I know anything

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not speaking about any one company specifically, but they tend to have a contagious disease that hits companies. They all catch it. They all want to try something new, just because it's new and just because they can. In my opinion that's why many of them have so many problems. They would be well ahead to stick with what works. That wouldn't be as fun though when you meet with all your competitors and have brag sessions on all the new things you are doing.

Big Brother is Watching - Vet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
All M-Modal is about is more money for the suits. From the beginning, India and VR have been an excuse to pay qualified MTs much less to "edit" than to transcribe. They are basically getting the same skills for much less--and I don't know about anybody else, but not only is the line rate substantially less, I can type as fast as I can edit/nitpick over this garbage.

I think editors should start to push back, moneywise. - Time to stick together and ask for more! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Have you not been reading posts. OS is doing VR, sending - to client, skipping US edit. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
VR - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
yes we are between a rock and a hard place, not many options except to train for a new field of work which I am doing!
Or work this one to your advantage. You already have the - skills, now use your brain to SM
[ In Reply To ..]
figure how to make a living with this. Different MTSO? Different platform? Change from IC/Employee or back. Different schedule? Different way of handling the documents? Training your self to get "in the groove?"
adapting to ISR - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You missed my point...I already produce around 9000 lines per week, sometimes more. I have worked hard to learn and produce using this new technology. I have no idea how my pause rate was over 10% as I work as fast as I possibly can, as you can see by my production! So that is why I was upset by their nit picking and attacking me on this "pause rate" as determined by M-Modal! Perhaps changing to a different MTSO is the answer, but I think I could make the same money working in a fast food restaurant, so what is the point?
The point is why stay where you are unhappy. Different MTSO, - fast food, whatever. Make self happy. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

High pause rate too. - another anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was a little miffed too. This magical program they bought is going to be the death of us. Grrrr.... First cut in pay to have the privilege of using it, then the extra monitoring. I feel like a child at times, then others I wonder if it is their way of getting rid of some of us to hire in newbies with lower rates.

pause rate - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am glad (but sorry for you!) that someone else posted they had this same e-mail. It is hard to know if it is just you or not? Regarding newbies, how much lower can they go in rates, especially with newbies, before they cannot make minimum wage and Webmedx has to subsidize them? This has already happened, BTW, and after 2 warnings those people were terminated.

It's classic Webmedx micromanagement. They micromanage us in - QA, too. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

High pause rate - nother

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this considered a warning to us and are we going to be "reprimanded" or potentially let go because of this (even with good production and quality)?

Similar Messages:

Grrrrrr!!!!!
Feb 06, 2012

I don't know what is up with this dang tape, but I keep getting caught up!!  Again I can't understand what the crap this dr is saying!  Will someone plz help before I start ripping my hair out?!  Under IMPRESSION the doc is saying "Status post pacemaker s/l from orbitz 2".  Geeeeeez uuuussss!  Sometimes I want to just grab them and shake the crap out of them!  Is it too much to ask to enunciate just a lil bit?  Huh? ...

Grrrrrr...
Dec 20, 2013

So annoyed.. Not one, but two separate phone conversations taking place in the midst of this dictation.. Does he not know how to pause the dang recorder?? Then he is all mad and swearing because they keep transferring these calls to him... And of course when he starts dictating again, he has no clue what he already said... I'm waiting for him to start the whole dang dictation over again...!!! ...

Grrrrrr..
Apr 15, 2014

Just must vent... Doc dictates "a 72-year-old ex-smoker, non-home-O2-dependent COPDer." That's all I want to say, had to get it off my chest. ...

RNs Dictating - GRrrrrr!
Apr 10, 2012

Okay, if you're going to have an RN, FNP, or PA dictate for you, at least make sure they know the terminology!    I just suffered through at 10 minute discharge summary on a patient post CVA, and this lady was reading the CT scan and MRI reports of the brain into the record with clearly no idea at all of what she was reading or what it meant or how to pronounce the parts of the brain.  Thank goodness I've been around long enough to be able to get and idea and fill in so ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...

Please! If Anyone Has Gotten Their WebMedx W2---
Feb 15, 2012

Hi! I worked for this company this summer and am absolutely being given the runaround when it comes to getting my W2. I've been given 3 numbers to call so far and I'm at a loss. Would anyone who has already received theirs please mind sending me an e-mail? I have a question- Thank you so much!! Arizona ...

Any Comments On WebMedx?
Oct 22, 2009

I am looking to make a change from MedQuist.  Does anyone know how WebMedx compares? ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Comparison Of ASR With Webmedx And MQ.
Nov 15, 2009

Anyone else working for/or have worked for both who has noticed a difference in the quality of the ASR on one as compared to the other.  I may be crazy, but I think I make far fewer corrections to the ASR on MQ work.  Maybe just lucky, but I tend to be a mouse user  (I know - shame on me, but I am getting better) and I find my right hand lets me know when I have been using the mouse more. ...

Looking For Info On Webmedx
Nov 30, 2009

Looking for work environment information on Webmedx, along with workload, equipment, pay, etc...anything would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Webmedx Platform
Jan 06, 2010

Can anybody tell me what platform Webmedx uses? Thanks. ...

Webmedx CMT Class. Sm
Jan 09, 2010

Has any Webbies out there ever taken this class?  If so, would it be worth it?  Just curious before I sign up for it.  TIA. ...

Webmedx Overtime
Jan 18, 2010

Just heard Webmedx just paid between $20-40/hr (yes hourly rate!) to service new accounts on an overtime basis.  Can anyone validate this information. ...

Anyone Work For Webmedx?
Jan 19, 2010

I hire Webmedx is hiring.  Anyone out there work for them and can tell me good or bad things about them?  Please email me.  Thx ...

Webmedx...any New Info On Them?
Jan 21, 2010

I had read a lot about this company several months ago that was very bad.  I was just wondering how they are currently and what are their requirements for part-time and is the pay comparable to MQ?  Radiology pay?  Thanks in advance. ...

WebmedX New ISR Engine
Feb 04, 2010

Opinions? Am i the only one unimpressed? I can't believe THIS is what they think is so fabulous that it warrants a pay cut.  ...

Webmedx Bonus
Feb 25, 2010

Can anybody tell me more about their Start and Stay Bonus.  It's $1500. Over what period of time is it stretched out/broken up?   ...

Webmedx Or Softscript
Mar 13, 2010

Who would you rather work for, softscript or webmedx?  I can't hardly find a kind word about softscript.  ...

Webmedx Pay Scale
Mar 19, 2010

Experienced MT looking for new position.  Reading posts seems like Webmedx might be a good choice.  Can anyone give me an idea of earning potential for someone like me with 25+ years experience. Have been working independently for almost 20 years for a private physician who is now retiring and sold the practice to a young computer oriented doctor. Obviously I can see I'll be on my own soon.  Any advice is welcomed! ...