A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Turnaround Time Transcription lost accounts - Anonymous

Posted: Oct 06, 2012

I used to work for 3-T and they lost accounts so we let go.  Now have been in touch with them because they have obtained new accounts.  Anyone else in this position?  I think I would like to work for them again but reading the recent posts about the company causes me concern.  The glitch now is about the computer.  I can use my own if I upgrade or buy one from company.  Not sure what to do here and now I feel like I am getting a bit of a runaround on the subject.  My initial excitement is waning.  I want to work but I balk a bit at buying a computer from a company to do so.  I have a problem with paying out money in order to work.  Just putting this down so I can get some perspective.  Being an IC MT really is rough these days and it makes my head hurt thinking about what a poor future I probably have.  Things have changed so much over the years.  For me, it's now a choice between the lesser of two evils as the company I am currently working is far from ideal.  

I think your concerns are real, at least I'd feel the same way as you. - Not easy decision. SM

[ In Reply To ..]

Not easy when to work or not is a factor. I don't know what I would do in your situation, so have no advice. If it were me, though, there simply is no extra money to buy their computer.

good luck and be careful. Still know anyone currently working for them that you can talk to?

The thing about being an IC - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
Is that to make money, sometimes you have to spend money. Maybe you could get out a piece of paper and write down the pros and cons of buying a new computer, like column A and column B.

cons: expense - outright purchase versus do they offer a payment plan.

pros: would a new computer be compatible with other companies/clients needs?

A lot of people don't want the responsibilities of being an IC, but you have to treat what you do as a business. Your purchase is a tax write off. Only you can decide if it is worth it to you.

Turn Around Time - Anonymous too

[ In Reply To ..]
I had applied with them and then changed my mind based on what I read here. As I understand it, it is not just that you need to buy a computer from them, it is that they load it with software that skews your line count with no way to verify it. Do you eventually own the computer? I think I'd be careful; if you quit, you might end up owing them money. Get the total cost up front and find out what you would truly be paying. Best of luck.

Who is "Turnaround Time Transcription" or 3-T? - Never heard of them. Also did they

[ In Reply To ..]
They keep you pretty busy when you worked for them before with good pay? Thats the main thing to consider. If the money is right and there is plenty of work, then maybe purchasing a computer for them wouldn't be a bad idea. It all depends on what your previous experience has been with them.

I personally have never heard of them before. Are they strictly straight typing? Acute care or clinic?

Turnaround Time My 3 cents regarding computer - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I have spent the last 2 weeks straightening out my computer after obtaining a virus from another MTSO who did not have tech support and wanted me to manually download everything. I had to TOTALLY wipe out my hard drive and start over from scratch and needlesss to say, I was "terminated" even before I started working for the company due to computer issues.

As to TAT, I have been hired, just got the paperwork the other day and in SEVERAL conversations with the owner, since I had Windows 7 Home Premium, he stated that I would need to upgrade to Windows 7 Professional. I explained to him that I had not been working for a while and he offered to pay for the upgrade and I informed him of the cost. He also informed me that the cost of the upgrade (about $220 for the software and to have it done at Best Buy) would be taken out in increments. He also offered me the option of a computer; however, because of my current living situation, I cannot run a desktop and have to use a laptop -- again, the cost was to be deducted out of several paychecks. I would think that if you could use one of their desktops, that would be your best option because if something happened to the computer, then they would be responsible for the repairs or whatever. Medquist used to provide computers as did several other companies, but I believe the cost just got to be too much for the companies to absorb.

I'm confused - Anonymous too

[ In Reply To ..]
You said that the owner offered to pay for the upgrade and then said it would be taken out in increments, that sounds as if you are paying.

I'm confused - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Correct, however, because of my financial situation, I won't be paying the cost up front. The company will be paying for it and the cost will come out over several paychecks, just as it would if you got a computer from them.

they didn't offer use of one of their computers, they want her to buy - one of their computers. NM

[ In Reply To ..]

3 cents regarding computer - egscmt

[ In Reply To ..]
I can download the Windows 7 Professional right from my computer for $89.00. I consider it a tax write off. I am in the process of applying at another company as well. I just wonder about a smaller company eventually being bought out or go out of business altogether like TRS did.

As an IC you purchase your own equipment and software - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You are lucky that is all you have to buy. I have dictation systems, digital recorders, numerous phone lines, dedictated fax, business email/website, 5 computers, etc., as well as software and reference material for every specialty. I have never had a company pay for my equipment.

question - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
What happens if you buy the computer from the owner or upgrade - does he give you a lisenced copy of the programs in case you were to quit? If you do not do have a licenced copy of the programs you could not get technical support if you needed it. Would Word program be his version or the origical version. If youpay to have an upgrade, will you get a licensed copy from him or is this just his version? Will his version version of Word work if you leave the company? In my experience dealing with him, when I left the company, the version of Word on the computer, the spacebar did not work. Somehow, that was customized by him. Think it had something to do with how the copany counted the lines. Don't think I got paid for spaces. Just be careful about how you deal with him.

TTT computer clarification - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
I was offered a position and am in the process of filling out paperwork. When I spoke to the owner, he said that they were in the midst of upgrading the platform/software and Windows 7 Home Premium (which is what I have) would not be supported. He gave me the option of having Windows 7 Professional installed on my computer and he would pay for having it installed on my computer and then take it out in increments in my paycheck. The same thing with a totally new computer from them. I opted to use my computer because I know what my software is etc. I just went through a MAJOR system crash because of a virus and had to spend money which I did not have on a transfer cable and trying to transfer files from an OLD XP computer to my new one. Another advantage to having "a company provided computer" is that if it crashes for ANY reason, then the company has to support it.

computer - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I am considering having an upgrade to my lap top too. But I did read other's concerns about the MTSO owner being able to access your computer. Do you have any such concerns?

access to computer - anon2

[ In Reply To ..]
When they put their program on your computer they have a program (can't remember the name of it) that they put on that allows them to access your computer at any time without having to even ask your permission. You can get it from the internet. That is how I found out about the program because an is complaining of was on my toolbar and I checked it out on the internet. Also, the QA lady can do that also when she trains you. I did not like the fact that so many people could just "pop right in" to my computer at any time without my knowing.
meant to say icon not complaining of - expander was on - anon2
[ In Reply To ..]
there was an icon on my toolbar and I went to the internet and found that you can open an account and this program is so you can have access to other people's computers if you open an account. Also did not like the fact that the QA lady could also have access at any time. Her husband and her daughter both work for the company so I suppose they could have acess to your computer as well. Welcome to the family.
logMeIn - lucy
[ In Reply To ..]
This is the program they put on your computer. You can check it out on the internet. It allows you to access any computer at any time without requiring permission from the owner of that computer. An icon will be on the toolbar of any computer that is on the account.
Re: LogMeIn - nn
[ In Reply To ..]
LogMeIn is a program that is used for remote support. I used it yesterday with another technician to reinstall a program I had lost when my computer crashed. The person on the other end CANNOT access your computer unless they have permission from you, because you have to join the "session." Once the session is over, then both parties log out of the session and that is it. There is no way that someone can keep the session open and spy on what you are doing. Please get your facts straight :)
You need to get YOUR facts straight - I saw it happen-no permission required - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Wrong. You need permission from the person - backwards typist
[ In Reply To ..]
whose computer you want to access and you need specific info from them. Without it, you can't access their system.

I used it with my last doc. It was okay but don't like the automatic payment deductions every year. I'm trying to get the last one back now since I no longer have use for the program.
computer access - Anonymous
[ In Reply To ..]
I guess I am very ignorant about computers because this shocked me. I am trying to pick my jaw up off the floor as we speak.
Log me in - Anonymous too
[ In Reply To ..]
You do not have to stay signed in to Log Me In when you are not working, no one can access your computer unless you are signed in to the program. It's actually a good thing if your employer has to troubleshoot. It's not necessary for training or QA, you can use Yahoo messenger or another IM program.

Similar Messages:

Turnaround Time Transcription
Jun 05, 2013

Any recent info on this company, good or bad?  Anyone work there?  I checked the archives, but am looking for something recent.  Thanks!   anon ...

Turnaround Time Transcription - Any Reviews?
Jan 12, 2010

Has anyone worked for this company?  I would like to know the usuals - how they pay, good to work for?, etc.  I can't find one thing by running a search.  Thanks! ...

Turnaround Time Transcription - Mystery
May 14, 2015

I have never had this difficult a time researching a transcription company as this one.  They are the great unknown.  Even on this forum no-one knows anything about them.  I congratulate them for knowng how to keep themselves off the radar, but it makes me suspicious of them.  I remember reading about them a while back, and that you can work at home but you wind up making around $9 an hour.  If anyone has current information about them from 2015, please post it.  Pe ...

Any Current Info On Turnaround Time Transcription? Not Much Recent In Archives.
Jul 08, 2014

xxxxx ...

Turnaround Time Pay?
Sep 27, 2012

Anyone care to share the pay at Turnaround Time? Also, any other details about them such as flexibility of schedule and is it true they ask you to pay for equipment?  I am job hunting and would like some input about them.  Thank you. ...

Lost Accounts?
Sep 02, 2010

This lost accounts business is b.s. They have been pushing overtime in QA for a long time because they needed people and now they have the nerve to lay people off. Nice way to do business. I actually feel sorry for the workers left there with all of that work. They are going to drill those employees into the ground with work. ...

Lost TSM And Now Accounts??
Jul 13, 2014

Did work from health system with numerous sites in the south get sent to India or did they dump MM?  Either way, how will there be enough work for those of us left dangling in the wind here? ...

Has Anyone From Webmedx Followed The Lost Accounts
Sep 14, 2010

Just curious as to if anyone that was let go from WMX applied to Medquist. ...

Webmedx Lost Accounts
Nov 01, 2010

Does anyone know if all the lost WMX accounts went to Medquist, or were there other MTSOs they went to?  Just curious. ...

Landmarkers - Did Any Of You Who Lost Your Accounts?
Apr 09, 2013

Did any of you who lost your account(s) find elsewhere?  Care to share where you are working?  ...

Allegiant - She Lost ALL Of The NC Novant Accounts
Oct 24, 2011

She lost ALL of the NC Novant accounts.  wonder who acquired them? ...

Has OptumInsight Lost Some Accounts? I Noticed There Is
Jan 17, 2012

less and less work and fewer MTs.  Not sure what is going on, but the future doesn't look bright to me. ...

IMEDX Question About Lost TT Accounts
Feb 10, 2015

I am a TTMT but not on the lost accounts.  I am curious ... are these the 2 accounts that suddenly went to EPIC or are these 2 other accounts?  What was the reason given by Imedx for the loss of the accounts?  Thanks! ...

Lost Job Radiology Transcription
Dec 10, 2013

I read on one of the facebook MT pages (we aren't allowed to talk about specific pages on here) that an MT of 14 years just lost her RAD positon with MModal today.  Hope this does not begin another round of layoffs so close to the holidays.    ...

Landmark Transcription Lost Radiology Account
May 09, 2012

Whoever worked for Landmark Transcription recently and lost a hospital radiology account, I am wondering if you have found other work yet?? ...

10pm Pacific Time. 8 Accounts And No
Mar 08, 2013

Oh well. ...

Transcription Only Accounts At Spheris -
Dec 30, 2009

Are the straight transcription-only accounts at Spheris loaded with horrible dictators? Thanks! ...

Viva Transcription Relocating My Accounts
Oct 23, 2012

I have been typing for viva for a year now and just received word from them that they were relocating my accounts to a back end voice rec system due to industry pressures for faster turnaround time and lower pricing for clients.  Apparently my accounts, which aren't particularly difficult (no accents etc) were chosen for transfer while many others were not. I'm pretty upset as I was doing my best with TAT (always made at least 48hr).  I will say that they were nice about giv ...

Transcription Solutions - Is There Acute Care Accounts?
Dec 18, 2013

Was thinking of applying here but would like to know some information.  Is there acute care accounts?  Can you pick a schedule?  Any VR? Do they supply equipment? What is the daily line count?  What is their QA percentage requirement? Is management nice to work with?  I think I've covered everything here.  Would appreciate any input you could give......Thanks! ...

24-hour Turnaround
Aug 04, 2011

I am interviewing for a job and was told there was no schedule to adhere to, I could work whenever 40 hours a week, 5 days, but had a 24-hour turnaround.  What does this mean exactly? ...

First Time Right Sucks When There Are No Reports To Look Up On "NEW" Accounts
Oct 05, 2010

:( ...

Whatever Happened To Turnaround Times? Things Were Pretty Good Back Then.
Mar 23, 2010

Then it all went to ****       ...

On-time Transcription--is It Worth It?
Apr 29, 2010

I got an email from On-time transcription for an IC position, but I first have to do a lot of steps just to be considered and just before I test, which is so darn time consuming and odd.  First, I have to read their website, download their software, read QA instructions and booklet, etc and then when I verify that I did all that, email them for the test---Geez, have anyone worked for them.  Is going through all this worth it? ...

Turn Around Time Transcription Co, Sm
Sep 18, 2012

any info?  Nothing recent in the archives. Thx ...

Part-time Transcription
Feb 05, 2014

Does anyone know where an MT can work very part-time and have American dictators - I am a retired MT - I quit because I was getting too many ESLs and lots of the good dictators were going to India - sometimes I miss it as retirement isn't for everyone but if I could just make my own hours and be very part-time I would consider it.  I don't have a clue who hires part-time and who has American doctors with good speaking sound - Not sure if anything like this exists today - anyway - ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

Landmark Transcription Part-time?
Sep 09, 2011

Hello.  I'm really needing a second job to make ends meet because of little work here lately and needing more money.  Was thinking applying for Landmark part time if possible.  Question:  Is this as an independent contractor or actual employee?  I would rather do individual contracting since I have my other job as an employee and would have a little bit more flexible hours.  Also, if employee, do they provide you with computer, etc.?  I looked at website but didn't find my answe ...

Turnarond Time Transcription - Hiring Again
Sep 24, 2012

Hiring again?  Ad stated if necessary, need to provide 2-3 written references.  How 'bout they do the same.  Doubt if they could do that.  IF the QA lady (the only one they have who is crazy anyway) can get her head out of the garbage can, she might contact you with bits and pieces of her so-called brain.  The owner is just as bad.  Beware of this company.  It is a total waste of time.  They scam your lines and lie about it.  They scam your space ...

Does Anyone Work Part Time With Allegiant Transcription? 
May 10, 2011

Does anyone work part time with Allegiant Transcription?  They used to require a certain number of lines per day, several days per week, but was wondering if that had changed.  I am thinking about applying, but would like to hear of anyone's experience with them, and number of hours worked. Thank you. ...