A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Transcend worth applying for? - mrs.krabs

Posted: Apr 12, 2010

I know I've read somewhere on the board about this company but can't remember where.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm looking for steady PT evening work Sun thru Thurs (3-4 hours nightly).  More than experienced with over 25 years in the biz, university/acute care accounts, except radiology.  Thanks.

Pass on by - Sandy Cheeks

[ In Reply To ..]
Not if you want to actually work. I do PT early mornings and am luck to have 8 hours in 2 weeks.

Thank you, Sandy. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
Not desperate yet........

I would pass on Transcend - (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
I would pass on Transcend. Some people have very good experiences there, but more commonly it seems to be a mostly negative experience. I worked there for a short while but chose to leave when I was offered another job, and I am extremely thankful I got out when I did.

I believe that Transform is in need of people, especially evening staff. I've worked there for about 6 years and am very happy with them.

www.transformmt.com

question re Transform - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
A while back, it was said that Transform has started off-shoring work. Do you know whether that is so? Do they use voice recognition?

Another Transform question - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Do they offer health insurance? I passed their transcrption test but have to find a place that offers health insurance. I think they are a good company.
Transform does not offer health insurance. - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I believe they may have vision and dental but the health insurance was costing them too much so they dropped it.

Yes, I believe it is. SM - My experience ...

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there just a short while. I worked the "transcription only" account. Working on that account is for the more developed skill set, I would say, and to be on it you have to be interviewed and accepted or picked for it by the Regional Manager.

The line rate for it is really good. The account does take some some time and effort to learn but the BayScribe platform is easy to use.

Now, as for management, this was my experience: My Team Lead and Regional Manager were very nice and professional. They worked with me on scheduling. I did feel I was spending too much time trying to track my actual hours worked versus what I was scheduled so it wasn't for me. Unfortunately, there was a misunderstanding (I am still in the dark on understanding what management thought) that unfortunately ended my work there prematurely. I did try to speak with the Regional Manager. She was obviously angry but professional. I understand she felt she was defending her Team Lead but what they were accusing me of was so unbelievable and completely out of character for who I am, how I treat employers or other coworkers, how I had ever communicated with them, etc., that I am still speechless over it.

Other than that, it was a very good experience. I just hate that it ended the way it did with no more insight to what instigated their sudden and perplexing animosity toward me.

I see they are still having problems filling that position. It is a good account.

You can email me if you'd like.

mrs.krabs - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I would not work for Transcend at this stage of the game. They are turning into a smaller version of MedQuist. I left when the merger happened, had had enough of the corporate baloney sausage that was being dished out.

Thanks all...still looking for PT work. It's not like I need benefits, so - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
why is it so hard to find work? I'm willing to work Sun thru Thurs evenings 4 hours each night, but nobody seems to have anything for me and I have major experience and company loyalty in my background. I'm not a job hopper. I guess I'll have to call up my local IC contact.

PT - Transcender2

[ In Reply To ..]
I have a different experience. I work PT evenings Tues-Sat and have plenty of work and always get my counts in. Give it a try. It may be different for you than some others on here.

My team is looking for some evening people... - unanimously anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
two of our accounts are short-handed some evenings right now and we are often offered overtime. Should you decide to apply, and be fortunate enough to land on my team, you should have a good experience. Of course there are no guarantees. But plenty of people have had positive experiences working for Transcend, as well as the negatives. There's no way to know what yours might be unless you give it a try. Good luck to you with your job search.

Already applied but they said they only have FT acute care now. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
Whatever. Something will come along.

Filed my app away for up to 2 months. Didn't bother to test me. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
I could probably produce full-time work in 4 hours' time. I just can't commit to the hours the recruiters want. I have 3 kids and summer is coming. Damn, I don't need a job, I already have a FT job managing the household and raising 3 kids.
I'm sorry. This was with Transform, not Transcend. - mrs.krabs
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Would not happen at Transform - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought I could whip out the lines too and make my line commitment, at least in 8 hours but it never happened. Their platform is the worst I have ever worked on.
What was bad about it? - Transformer
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm about to start training soon and would like specifics. Are all their accounts on the same platform?

My opinion and experience - pass on by - they do not live up to what they say - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Have had nothing but a great experience (sm) - Former MDIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Was nervous about the merge and have had a great experience so far with Transcend. My accounts have been extremely busy, and my ROMs are wonderful.

Transcend - TiredMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Evenings might have work. I find that during the day, work runs out because there are so many people working, at least on my account or the doctors are just waiting till the afternoon to dictate all of their reports. Good luck. A lot of companies are hiring for evenings anyway so you should be able to find whatever you want.

Similar Messages:

MME's... Is It Worth Applying For?
Feb 11, 2011

I'm curious about the MME certification/position.  Can anyone please give some honest insight as to what the difference in pay is, what the testing for the position is like, etc.  I would like to apply for the position in 2 months and would like to know what to expect.  Also, once you're an MME does that open up advancement opportunities into QA, CCM, etc.?  Any information would be appreciated.   ...

Worth Applying At Nuance
Sep 26, 2012

Hi, I just found out that a hospital in our "family" of hospitals just let go 60 MTs over the weekend because it was "better for their patients" and see the writing on the wall for the hospital that I work for. A little while back, I received an email from Nuance inviting me to apply. I just wonder if it is worth my time to apply. I have over 20 years of experience in MT in all work types. What kind of pay can I expect from Nuance? I want full time work and I NEED benefits, as my hu ...

What Companies Are Worth Applying To That Use Escription?
Feb 21, 2012

I know this has been asked before, but I'm looking for recent experience, just some names of companies. ...

Is Webmedx Worth Testing And Applying For? How Much Straight
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

How Long Does It Take For Transcend To Contact You After Applying
Oct 28, 2009

I applied Monday night, and so far no response.  I took the test and believe I did excellent as the test was not complicated. ...

Is Anyone From Transcend Thinking Of Applying At Nuance?
Mar 16, 2012

Just to go ahead and make the change and hopefully avoid some of the stress with the transition? I see that Nuance has ads up for MTs.  I'm also concerned about whether or not they will hire all MTs from Transcend during the buyout.   ...

TRANSCEND WORK LOAD - Applying For Part-time Work
Apr 13, 2011

Thinking of applying for part-time work.  Just wondering if the workload has improved since the prior posts below.  ...

Sum CDs Worth?
Nov 25, 2009

I was a student at M-TEC and dropped out. I have all 3 SUM CDs still. One is opened and 2 are still sealed. I just don't know what these are worth and can't find anyone selling them that has a listed price anywhere. Thanks in advance for your help on this!   ...

Is It Worth It?
Feb 18, 2012

Editing at .04 cpl, is it worth it? For 250 lines per hour, that is $10 an hour. Maybe that is good considering we work at home? Seeking opinions, please. Not trying to start a war. ...

What We Are Worth
Mar 08, 2012

I invite any person of management in any MTSO to sit at their computer for an entire shift and see what we go through day after day and see if they feel they are being paid a proper, living wage.  There are way too many factors that eat into the paltry wage we start out with, and it's high time this was recognized as an occupational hazard and we are duly compensated.  It's only going to get worse, not better, if something isn't done.  Of course, I realize nobody r ...

Getting Out Is So Worth It
Mar 20, 2012

Looking for a job is terrifying, heart-in-throat time.  On the other hand...you discover there are jobs with YEARLY EVALUATIONS (yes!)...RAISES (double yes!)...PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES (I can't believe it!)...absolutely stunning, you don't realize how brainwashed you are, how hammered you are, till you GET OUT. Scared...but free. Don't think of it as shaking like a leaf.  Think of it as fluttering like a butterfly. ...

We Are Worth More
Apr 22, 2012

We are worth more in so many ways.  I am very disheartened with the way things have changed in our profession.  We used to be paid much better, and have a better chance of moving up the ladder as well.  Now we are almost at poverty level on wages.  I really don't understand how anyone can expect people who are very highly trained and specialized in this field to live on what we are being paid, or to treat us as if we are second-class citizens.  I would challenge any ...

What You Are Worth
May 12, 2012

I'm curious.  How many of you cheering on this lawsuit think that things will change in a way that you will be paid "what you are worth?"  And what are you worth?  I mean seriously?  Is someone who does a lousy job as valuable as someone who does a stellar job?  Is someone with a shoddy education as valuable as someone with a first-class education?  How about those with no formal education at all? What is it you all think you will really accomplish with a law ...

New MT Is It Worth It?
Aug 18, 2012

I graduated a year and a half ago from a very good MT school. I graduated with high honors and felt ready to tackle this profession. I wanted to do this because it has always been my dream to be a stay at home mom and with this profession I felt like I got the best of both worlds. When I researched MT are suposed to make 30K or more. So I figured as a newbie maybe 20K or even 18K. Wow was I wrong. I got hired about 2 months out of school which was a huge relief but things rapidly went down hill. ...

CMT Worth It?
Sep 08, 2012

I'm getting ready to buckle down and study for my CMT.  I got my RMT this spring and promised myself that I would get the CMT before I forgot too much.  I'm having trouble motivating myself to memorize all the abbreviations (this seems to be a favorite type of question), so I'm wondering how folks who have their CMT feel about whether or not it has helped them with their career or not.  Thanks for encouragement or discouragement.  I'd really like to know. ...

This Just Isn't Worth It
May 04, 2013

I have over 30 years experience.  I have worked in 2 major hospitals and as an independent contractor.  I know what I am doing.  Problem is, I am human.  I make mistakes.  But with this company, 1 mistake is huge.  It can bring your accuracy score down below their guidelines.  Just for a left out word that does not change the context.   I have just about had enough.  I really don't have to be talked to like a toddler when I make a mistake.&n ...

Is It Worth It To MME?
Jul 27, 2013

I currently make 9 cpl but curious if it would be worth it to jump over to MME.  Thanks ...

What Are We Worth?
Aug 22, 2013

I would love to hear from my fellow MTs what you think we are worth, not by the line but by the hour.  Indeed as I was doing research regarding "piece work" in America, I found very little information except that it went back to the guild system. However, I did learn that in England, if you do piece work (cpl, for example) and you are required to sign in and sign out, you cannot be paid for production, but only an hourly wage.  So what do you think we are worth? Let's consider whe ...

Is CMT Certification Worth It?
Feb 14, 2010

What are your feelings about obtaining your CMT credentials when VR (at least with my employer) doesn't follow BOS or acknowledge the styles, forms and practices that, at one time were the norm? I get blown away with sentence structure and grammar these days.  Do you think one should become certified with the latest trend with VR?  Seems to me "No", not worth it, unless I moved on to a company who did not use VR. But, then again, if this is the trend hospitals and companies a ...

Is RHIT Worth It?
Sep 13, 2010

The hospital where I live has 4 openings for coders, but they all require that you have an RHIT certification.  I know in order to have this you must have an AA degree.  How many of you have this and would it be better to have this rather than study at Andrews or Career Step? ...

BOS 3 Worth Buying?
Nov 15, 2010

Is it worth purchasing the BOS 3 before I start testing?  I have looked online to see what others have said, and it seems like most have said they wouldn't spend the money because it's not that different from the 2nd version.  One person said they read the book and saw only 2 changes from the previous edition.  I'm not sure what to do.  I'm worried that I'm going to need the newer version to pass the test.  Just wanted to see what others have don ...

Is This Profession Even Worth It?
Nov 19, 2010

I have to say this is my first time to this website and I am deeply discouraged by the forums I have read because it sounds like this line of work is basically dying a slow death. I am currently enrolled in a community college and am about to finish getting my certificate ( I am in my last class which is practice/internship) to become a Medical Transcriptionist but I'm beginning to wonder if it was worth it? I already had fears because of accounts going offshore and EMRs but reading some of ...

Current CMT's - Is It Worth It?
Jan 08, 2011

If I take the CMT test the goal is to increase my income from my current earnings as a full time MT/ME.  But is it worth the $$ and time required to prepare for and take the CMT test?  I am confident that I would have no problem passing the test after adequate review, etc. So is it worth the effort?  Bottom line -- it will cost money to take the exam and it will cost money to either enroll in a review course or buy review materials to prepare for the exam. And the CMT credential ...

Paying To Being An MT - Worth It?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello forum users! I am currently very interested in the MT field.  I am a fast typist, excellent speller, I have a good grasp of grammar, etc.  I am eyeing a course offered online, it seems professional and excellent and all that.  The whole thing seems perfect for me!  I would like to work from home and make my own hours while doing this. However, I recently spoke to a neighbor who is an MT, and she is losing her job to a machine.  She also claims that her MT friend ...

Is All Of This Schooling Worth It Or Not???
Dec 28, 2011

I am just wondering if this schooling has all been worth it.  I am not seeing alot of happy people on this site.  I have been a graduate of medical in 1986 and since gone on to manicuring for the sake of flexible schedule while my child was in latter years of school. I pursued a course with Mt Professionals to be able to catch up and with skills and am still in my third year of school on part-time basis waiting to pass to become a paid employee with one error.  I am getting really ...

Is MT Even Worth It Anymore????
Jan 06, 2012

I guess I just need to vent/rant for a minute.  I have been an MT for over three years now.  I seem to be one of the few who prefers VR over ST.  I worked for Spheris before MQ gobbled them up, and I thought they were a great co. to work for.  They paid 5 cpl for VR, which is pretty good if you can edit 300-400 lph.  Then came the Q, and it was okay for a while, but then the Spheris accts. were offshored and there went the Cornerstone accts., and Cornerstone was a great ...

Wow. Finally Someone Who Wants To Pay What We Are Worth!!
Feb 03, 2012

. ...

Is It Worth Getting Certified?
May 22, 2012

I am wondering if anyone has any advice on becoming a CMT. I have been doing transcription for almost 15 years and I am wondering if I can really make more money if I get my CMT. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. ...

Going Up To Tier 3...worth It Or No?
Jan 03, 2013

Just wondering if it is worth it to test up to tier 3 or not.  I wouldn't mind getting more in my work pool (especially as things have been a bit slim lately with the holidays), but had heard there was no pay increase for moving up a tier, plus was worried that I'd have to spend more time in research for the first while getting used to the new work, hence slow production down.  Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance! ...

Nuance, Is It Worth It?
Mar 28, 2013

I'm thinking about taking a job with Nuance, but with all these negative comments about them, I'm not so sure I should.  I get so discouraged looking at these boards and seeing all the negative comments.  I have been out of work for the last 2 weeks because my PRN clinic job is running low.  I really need something to help pay the bills, but at this point it sounds like bankruptcy might be my only option as I can't handle the stress of looking for a new job every we ...