A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Stay Clear of the wackos up at Alpha Transcription! - ANON

Posted: Jan 18, 2011

Heads up everyone Stay Clear of the wackos up at Alpha Transcription!  They not only pay on the VBC but don't even know what it is or how to calculate it, have HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT, are the most disorganized company any MT could possibly work for!  And they forget to tell you that you have to wait 45 days for your first paycheck! WARNING, WARNING, STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!  I lasted about 2 weeks, and then had enough!  

Which one. .".net" or ".com" (nm) - OTE

[ In Reply To ..]

ALPHA TRANSCRIPTION - ANON

[ In Reply To ..]
.COM

Oh my gosh! Totally false accusations. As an IC, did you read your contract? - WOW

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay periods are from January 1 to 15 and then you are paid on February 5 for that pay period. So yes you do have to wait 45 days from the FIRST DAY of the pay period, but not a completed pay period.

Why does the company need to explain to you what a VBC is? Any educated MT would know what it means.

I have been with this company for 3 years. One of the better companies out there. Does management baby you? NO! That doesn't make it bad communication.

This company has been good to me. I have had 2 raises and 1 on the way, and the flexibility is the best out there.

Everything you have misrepresented here would certainly have been cleared up in your contract. Did you read it?

WOW is all I have to say.
ALPHA TRANSCRIPTION - Lucy
[ In Reply To ..]
I applaud the fact you have had a good experience with this company, there are those of us that did not. Do not assume that any educated MT knows what the VBC is, that is totally and completely false, because there is not one company out there that uses the correct calculation (maybe one) for the VBC which is 17% of your document, which means if an MT transcribed 1200 lines based on a 65 character line w/ spaces that MT has to transcribe an additional 200 lines to equal the 1200 on the 65-character line with spaces. It's characters that these companies cannot figure out how to count, they are still basing their VBC on a 65-character line WITHOUT spaces and calling it the VBC, when in reality it should be 54 to 55 character line! I've been in management, attended the MITA meetins where they came up with this line count so the MTSOs could pocket the additional 17%. The entire VBC is nothing but a scam to pay MTS less for more work and to pocket the 17%. MTSOs are SUPPOSED to use a formula across the board to equate to a 54 character line to account for the difference of 17% of the spaces, returns, bolds, etc., but they do not they continue to use the 65-character formula because MOST of the platforms are set up to calculate this way and we all know that the majority of the clients do not use the latest technology or platforms, that most of the time an interface has to be written to be compatible with ESC or Dictaphone, so NO MTS and probably including you did not even know what I just explained.

The new MTs graduating do not not what the VBC is because they do not cover that in school, and they are educated, so do not assume as a group that MTs whether educated or not, know what the VBC is, because just like the 65-character line, no MTSO uses the same formula. Just because you allow them to rip you off for no spaces, doesn't mean the rest of us have to! What they start you at the great 8 cpl on the VBC based on a 65-character line? Some raise for VA work that is IC and pages and pages of account specs to wade through. It's obvious you have little experience in this industry or you would not have posted such a ridiculous reply.

When I wrote contracts we were REQUIRED to explain per contract whether the account was a VBC or a cpl account. Any honest company does this. They do not wait for the MT to come on and then to discover that they seem to be typing and typing and the line count sure seems different, and then only to get an, "Oh by the way we pay on the VBC." Not good.

Manager babysit? Now why would you assume that? The manager was MIA from day one, provided no training and never answered her e-mails. I at least expect some support on the first few days to ease into a new job to make sure that I'm doing everything correctly and following the AS correctly. At least when I was a manager and team lead I made sure my new people knew how to reach me, and I called them to make sure that everything was going fine and answered any questions, not at Alpha.

What contract, they were too busy to give me one, or to even provide a job description! When they sent the computer I had to install my own VPN, and Dictaphone platform, there was no IT support, I could never log onto the VPN even with THEIR computer. So before you spout off about your glowing report of this company, consider the fact that you are lucky, there are those of us that are not.

I've moved on to a much better company that is smaller, offers benefits and doesn't expect someone to go 45 days and work literally for free because they have an incompetent payroll department, and oh did I mentioned my pay was always short?

I did not misrepresent this company, I represented and post my personal experience, as you did. That is what this what freedom of speech is about. Before you speak know the facts!
Reply - holly
[ In Reply To ..]
Why would a school or a company have to educate you on what a VBC is? If you are familiar with the industry and the new lingo that is flying around, you educate YOURSELF. Why assume I haven't been in the industry long. Is 15 years long enough?

You say your PAY was always short? I thought you only worked their 2 weeks?

If you are a true IC, why did you start without a contract? That is your responsibility to make such a demand.

I work on various accounts. I have my regular pay for some accounts and then others that pay on VBC; however, I am compensated 18% more for the VBC accounts. They have always been fair to work for.

You are right about one thing, I am lucky! Very lucky to be working for this company, where there is always work and they pay me well (way more than 8/4) and on time and correctly. Compared to most reviews on MTStars, this is not the case for most companies. So do I feel fortunate and secure in my job? ABSOLUTELY, thanks to Alpha!

Agree Completely!! - Med Trans

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree completely. This company is horrible to work for. Denise Flemmer, the Office Manager for this Company is a joke. She does not respond to your emails and she will send you work and tell you have no certain time limit and then turn around and tell you she needs them asap! She also would say she has not recieved the work when indeed she has and have the sent emails to prove it! The company is a joke and the pay is horrible. I have been an MT for over 15 years and worked in hospitals. She had me doing mostly crap work that was of no signifacance to medical whatsoever. Stay away from this company.

response - Denise Flemmer

[ In Reply To ..]
I hardly consider 3 weeks asap Pam.

Your comments are totally inappropriate.

Prime example of the quality of your work - significance is not spelled with an a after the f.

Best of luck to you Pam.

Similar Messages:

Ascend - Stay Clear Of Them
Apr 10, 2014

If you want to be paid for any work you do I would not advise working for this company.  I have not been paid for "phase I" of the transcribing we were supposed to do which was supposed to be paid last week, evidently there are others according to the main board.  This company hired for an account that was supposed to be started but evidently has not, they are feeding the MTs 10 reports at a time so you get a total of 30 reports in each phase as they call it for a stipend of 200, however, they ...

SITS Solutions STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!!
May 07, 2015

WARNING, WARNING   I worked at SITS Solutions and never got paid for the work I did.  I also had an associate that was done the ssame to.  They give a false address on their contarcts 1016 W Franklin St Chicago but when I called there they had never heard of them. They are Indian based and have no US staff. If you want to work for free it's super opprotunity:)   mtpro ...

Anything About Alpha Transcription?
Jun 17, 2010

Does anyone know anything about Alpha Trancription? I have been talking with them. Are they a good place to work? ...

ALPHA Transcription Anyone?
Sep 15, 2010

Any current info on this company? What kind of platform? Good/bad mgmt? Work flow issues? ...

Alpha Transcription - Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Any info on how long from turning in your paperwork until you start training or hear from IT?  TIA. ...

What Is Up With Alpha Transcription?
Oct 21, 2010

I was just wondering if anybody knows what is up with Alpha.  Did they lose accounts?  No communications.  Shuffling people here and there. ...

ALPHA Transcription?
May 18, 2011

Any info on ALPHA Transcription -- good, bad, or ugly?  Thanks. ...

Alpha Transcription, MN
Jun 09, 2011

Can anyone give any uptodate info on this company as far as platform and accounts.  Thanks much! ...

Alpha Transcription - What A Rip-off!
Mar 23, 2012

How are all you alphies out there loving the new cuts? Don't ya just love not getting paid for spaces, then templates, and now headers and footers? What's next? Commas and periods? What a rip-off! I'm quitting soon. Anybody else? ...

Alpha Transcription MN
Jun 01, 2012

Does anybody know if Alpha has been sold yet?  An MT friend of mine was interested in working there but with it being for sale with Kruse Acquisitions and the ability for the new owner to use their own MTs she does not want to start and then be let go soon.  Thanks for any info. ...

Clear Choice Transcription - *****
Feb 10, 2010

If you want information on Clear Choice Transcription out of Pittsburgh please search the archives for Davis Transcription.  **** had been kicked out of her own company and started a new one, Clear Choice Transcription.  Don't be fooled by this con artist and her side kick,****.   Davis Transcription is now run by a reputable business owner and the name changed to tMedica.     **** No names, please.  Email names if you wish. **** ...

Clear Choice Transcription?
Aug 10, 2012

Wondered if anyone knew if this is a legit company.  Are they good to work for? ...

Clear Choice Transcription
Dec 14, 2012

I have recently seen several ads posted for Clear Choice Transcription.  I see that now they are seeking new grads for these positions.  I personally always like to know if there are red flags, etc. before I accept an offer.  I felt the need to share my experience with the company.  There is one manager who basically runs the show.  Myself and a friend were both completely bullied by her for doing nothing short of trying to learn our job.  If questions are asked, there are very abrasive an ...

CCT (Clear Choice Transcription)
Nov 25, 2013

Has anyone every had problems with this company? I have recently and am just wondering if this is how they do business? I have been an MT for 30+ years and have not encountered this before. ...

Clear Choice Transcription Pay?
Dec 03, 2013

How is Clear Choice's pay when being paid by the audio minute and working in the EMR system?  How much can be expected to be made daily on something like this working only 4 hours?  ...

United Transcription Or Alpha Transcription
Sep 14, 2010

Just trying to get info on both companies.  Don't see much when I search.  Anyone work for either of these and can give me more info would be appreaciated.  ...

ALPHA Transcription - Any Info?
Sep 20, 2010

Does anyone have information on this company?   Thanks! ...

Info On ALPHA Transcription?
Oct 30, 2010

Can anyone give me info on ALPHA transcription? I need any info, good or bad. ...

Alpha Transcription Information?
Mar 02, 2011

What's up with Alpha? ...

Not Getting Much Feedback On Alpha Transcription
Jun 12, 2011

Can anyone that works for this company give me an update on working conditions or email me. ...

How Is Alpha Transcription To Work For?
Jul 10, 2011

How is Alpha Transcription to work for?  I know they handle the transcription for the VA. ...

Alpha Transcription MTs Quitting ???
May 24, 2012

What's up at Alpha Transcription dot com in Eden Prairie, MN?  The one that has the VA contracts?  I heard a lot of them have quit recently.  Anyone know what's going on? ...

Any Employees At Alpha Transcription In MN
Aug 16, 2012

I had posted my resume on MTJobs and was contacted by Alpha Transcription.  I googled them and what do you know, they were apparently bought by Nuance.  Well, I'm already at Nuance, but I want a day shift and less VR work so maybe this place will work?   Anyone out there working at Alpha?  Any info??   Thank you. ...

Anybody Out There Work For Alpha Transcription Right Now?
Apr 15, 2013

Does anybody out there work for Alpha Transcription right now?   ...

Anybody Is Working For Alpha Transcription
May 04, 2013

I was just wondering if anybody is working for alpha transcription. I did their testing about 2 weeks ago and am waiting to hear back from there. I think they got bought out by another company. Just curious as to opinions about this place. ...

Alpha Transcription/Imedx
Aug 01, 2014

Anyone happy with Alpha Transcription/Imedx currently?  I thought about working with them but read on another MT site there's a lot of changes going on without any notice.  ...

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of Clear Choice Transcription
Mar 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of Clear Choice Transcription out of Pennsylvania and if they send their work off shore or are owned by an off shore company? ...

Is Clear Choice Transcription A Scam?
May 17, 2010

I was reading through the archives, and someone said that they were affiated with Davis Transcription, which was a scam company. Is this true, or is Clear Choice okay to work for? Do they pay on time? Sorry to ask again, but I'd like to know before I make the wrong decision. ...

Anyone Currently Working For Clear Choice Transcription?
Sep 13, 2010

Is there anyone currently working for Clear Choice Transcription?  If so, what is it like now - good or bad?  Just wondering as I have read all of the old posts, but nothing newer is showing up and they have advertised with more work available. ...

Beware Of Clear Choice Transcription!!!
Sep 11, 2012

I was hired over a month ago.  It took three weeks to get all the info needed to start.  I was to do online training over the phone, which I did.  Unfortunately the person who trained us went so fast I was lost.  I started, had a ton of questions, which I asked.  I never got any answers other than one where I was told to follow instructions.  Yes I knew to do that.  So I get an email saying I am having a hard time (ya think it could be because the trainer did n ...