A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Speak Write - AW

Posted: Jul 30, 2010

Has anyone heard of or worked for Speak Write?

Yes, I have heard of them - Typin_away

[ In Reply To ..]
They are a pretty well-known General or Legal transcription company. Pay is 1/2 cent per word. I have never come across any issues with pay issues with them.

I do not work for them personally so I do not know what the work load is like but with all general transcription files you are doing multispeaker which eats up more time with all the formatting involved.

Speak-Write - Tara

[ In Reply To ..]
I used to work for them. Good company to work for, however, the above poster is wrong. In fact, any voice files that you receive that are more than one speaker, you have to turn it back in. Only editors get those jobs. They do general transcription, but a lot of what I typed was social services type work, business letters, surveillance reports, etc. Pay was always on time. They have a schedule that you are in control of. You can schedule yourself for an hour here or there and before I left there was talk of scheduling by the half hour so that you could pick up a half hour shift when you had time. Lots and lots of rules though to learn.

Thank you for the correction Tara - Typin_away

[ In Reply To ..]
I was not aware that they did single speaker files. I have not worked for them but I have heard good things about them on the general transcription boards elsewhere.

General transcription board? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been searching for some info on general transcription (other than the "anyone can do it, it's easy, you can make money fast!" propaganda out there).

I haven't found any boards for GT, are there any you might recommend? or any informative websites? Thanks.
Try the Transcription Essentials Board... - Ginger
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure if you're allowed to post links, but if you do a search, you'll find TE. You'll find out everything you ever wanted to know about general transcription.

correction - Tara

[ In Reply To ..]
You are welcome and yes they are a great company to work for. It's just hard to make decent money.

Similar Messages:

SPEAK UP
May 19, 2015

This one particular account I absolutely despise.  The dictators whisper.  Even with the volume turned all the way UP, it is a struggle to hear them.  Have reported this too many to count times with nothing being changed.  What a bunch of garbage.  This job just keeps on giving. ...

Anyone Else Been Set Adrift So To Speak? - Sm
Jun 14, 2010

It all started approximately a month ago with a note from CCM saying she was going on vacation.  Not a word from her since then. Letter from corporate saying I had a new CCM.  Wrote that person and got a reply that she would like to help me but I wasn't hers! Been well over two weeks since any word from QATL. I was on lockdown, now I'm not. I'm still on the same old accounts for the most part, with the same old CCM listed, but nobody seems to know it.  LOL Anyo ...

I Think The Numbers Speak For Themselves. Sm
Apr 07, 2011

I just put some things together that are enlightening.  MQ/Spheris has 12,000 MT's in the U.S., not counting those overseas.  Transcend has 5,000 MT's in the U.S. and another 1500 in India.  Webmedx has 1200 MT's.  KeyStrokes has 600 MT's.  TT has 200 MT's.  Softscript has 200 MTs.  NEMT has 200 MT's.  Transolutions, or whatever they are called now, has 300 MT's.  Medware, again not sure what their new name is, has 3 ...

Is It Too Much To Ask For The Docs To SPEAK UP
Nov 03, 2012

How can we edit/transcribe if the volume is highest on the computer, ear phone amplifiers are on, and we STILL CANNOT HEAR!  If it comes straight typing and ASR cannot pick it up, why in heaven's earth does the doctor think I CAN HEAR. I cannot!  Are these docs being passive aggressive... Oh they don't realize?!  That is just MEAN, CRUEL.  Forget that I have to make a living wage, but think about just plain RESPECT.   This vent brought to you by me getting too ...

Can't Speak Properly
Aug 22, 2014

There are a couple of dictators whose grammar, pronunciation, and enunciation is so poor, you wonder if they actually need a translator in order to speak to their English-speaking patients. A translator that can translate poor English. That translator would be bilingual, that is, English-speaking and poor-English-speaking. Yes, it seems "poor English" is also a language of its own that only those who speak it can understand. ...

Learn To Uh Uh Speak Uh Would You Uh Uh
Sep 04, 2014

uh it's uh hard to type uh uh when uh you uh speak with uh uh all the pauses uh uh JERK. ...

My Gosh Speak Up!!!
Apr 07, 2015

The low volume of the dictations even on 100% is driving me nuts!  I shouldn't have to strain to hear what you are saying. ...

What Is Your Favorite Example Of Corporate-speak
Sep 20, 2012

; ) ...

I Get Dinged Because A Doctor Can't Speak
May 21, 2013

I mean seriously this catering to their stupidy is starting to get old. Granted they aren't major errors. But, my theory is if they cannot give me the courtesy of even remotely completing a sentence, much less a paragraph here lately, I am sending it through. I know I can look at the repository and figure most of the stuff out, but that is a guess at best and not a chance I am willing to take with patient care. Sick of it!!! Unfortunately, my main offenders are 100% QA accounts so QA f ...

The Dictators Who Speak The Lowest
Mar 30, 2015

dictate in the noisiest areas. ...

What If Doctor Doesn't Speak English??
Mar 09, 2010

I'm trying to get an answer from my CCM regarding foreign doctor's dictation and this 5% QA submission. I type for two separate teaching hospitals and are constantly getting new foreign doctors, 3/4s of which cannot even speak English. I won't matter if I got copies of every single report they dictate, there would be no way not to send these reports to QA....are we getting any kind of special consideration towards our QA submissions for these doctors? My CCM I don't think has ...

Editing Of Dragon Speak Reports
Apr 12, 2010

Can anyone tell me if there is some sort of formula for pricing out the finall editing of a DragonSpeak report?  I am assuming that it would be much less than if it were priced for typing the entire file. thanks, bill ...

I Am So Sick Of Foreigners Who Can't Speak English!
Feb 14, 2011

They expect us to understand their Vietnamese, Chinese, Arabic, Indian, Filipino, Hispanic accents when they can't even put a simple English sentence together!  The hospitalists are the worst.  I think they hire them right off the boat from their overseas countries and put them to work in the hospitals-- probably as cheap as they can get them, and then put them on VR.  My MTSO increased their line requirements for this year and with over 30 years' experience, I struggle ...

Please!!!! Can You Idiots Learn To Speak The Language???
Apr 14, 2015

How is it that they expect such a high level of skill but want to pay us as unskilled labor?  I am so ticked listening to this one foreign idiot - I am typing it just like she says it!  I dare them to confront me about it?  You want it cleaned up - pay for it!!!  You want it to sound intelligent?  Pay me more than a high school student! ...

Indian Dictators - They Can Barely Speak English
Jul 21, 2012

About half of the dictators from my new account are Indian, most of them mumblers, so I'm going crazy.  They can barely speak English.  Wondering why there are so many Indian dictators here?  ...

Just Noticed An Ad For Dragon Speak On This Site = FAIL! Or Am I Being Too Sensitive?
Nov 27, 2012

nm ...

Write Off?
Jun 11, 2010

Hi, eveyrone. I just started as an MT in Michigan, and I am going to be working from home fairly soon. I am moving back to New York for my music degree and transcribing in my free time. Problem: I have a very old laptop that is starting to fall apart. The keys don't always work and, although it is my baby, I can not keep using it for transcriptions. My boss had said he heard that we could write off a new laptop as an expense (much as flight attendants can write off their own laptops and mak ...

How Should I Write Out This CK Lab Value?
Jul 19, 2010

The doctor says,  " CK of fifty-nine-three-nine-four".   59,394? 59.394? 59-394? 59/394? 50, 93, 94? Thanks in advance for any and all enlightenment you can bestow upon me.  My brain is a fried mess - time for a break! ...

Write About It
Oct 13, 2012

Yahoo contributor network.  They will publish you.  All you have to do is register and write.     ...

How Do You Write Out...
May 02, 2013

It's a Whisper wire over-the-wire 1520Is over-the-wire capped or not?  I've seen both.  How do you write 1520?  Appreciate the help.  ...

All-Write Transcription
Dec 03, 2009

Has anyone heard of or worked for this transcription company?  If so, what are your thoughts and more specifically on average how many billable monthly lines are available at this transcription company?  Is the work steady or sporadic?  Thanks in advance for your comments. ...

How To Write COPD
Jan 19, 2010

Is the correct way to type COPD in a discharge diagnosis.....COPD or to spell it out?   Thanks:) ...

Write Out Date?
Mar 06, 2010

Does anyone know if there is a new rule in MQ land about never writing out the date, always making it numbers only?  I get back reports every once in a while with all the written dates crossed out and replaced with numbers yet the CP does not specify either way.  So, when a doctor states March 3, 2010..that is how I type it, if he states 03/03/2010, that is how I type it.  I am going to complain to my manager about this but I was wondering maybe I missed a new rule.  Tha ...

How Would You Write This Number?
Mar 11, 2010

The doctor is dictating a white count number  and he distinctly says "Thirty-eight thousand point 4."  (The patient has CLL).  How would you write this number?  My guess is 38,000.4 ...

How To Write Levels
May 28, 2010

how to write this "level 2, 3, 4, and 5 lymph node dissection"? numbers or roman numerals? ...

What Is The Proper Way To Write...
Jun 11, 2010

What is the prope way to type this out:   five-tenths of a cc. I have been typing 0.5 cc, but I am thinking maybe it should be 0.05 cc.  Please help set me straight!  Thanks! ...

OK Gotta Write This
Jun 17, 2010

ASR:  tachy fell axis I am wiping the tears from my eyes on this one.  What a stupid program.  I swear it is written by the Indians.  I had a wonderful English-speaking clear-as-day doctor yesterday, first name of Daniel, and the ASR did not get 75% of his dictation.  It was just words and gibberish.  It was a crying shame.  That could have been a helpful tool in that instance.  It should have been able to transcribe him perfectly and editing should have ...

How Would You Write 5 Minus Out Of 5
Jul 16, 2010

In some sentances they say 5 out of 5 to muscle testing, sometimes 5 minus out of 5, or 4 plus out of 5.  I am not allowed to use the + or - sign.  I've got the 5/5, but is it correct to put 5 minus/5 or just type out 5 minus out of 5. ...

Correct Way To Write A1C
Jul 27, 2010

Is it A1C, A1c or A1-C?   ...

How To Write Something Correctly
Sep 02, 2010

Dictated as "a year and a half ago." Do I type it as such or do I change to 1-1/2 years ago?? Thanks for your help! ...