A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So...Synernet MTs how are you liking the new VR? - up and at em

Posted: May 21, 2014

So, what do you think of the new VR?  Just wondering, because I know they are going to VR and I want to apply. 

How do you like it? - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
X

I believe they only - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
hire temp-to-hire now with a waiting period of 6 months before they offer you a job if you work out. I could be wrong. You would have to ask them. If you like VR then you will like them as they are going VR this year. Same as every other place. If you don't like VR then I would try to find a smaller service to work for.

They are not "going VR." They are adding VR, but it is sm - Synernet MT

[ In Reply To ..]
not all doctors on all accounts, at least not now and not this year. I am not a proponent of VR, but I also do not believe in giving out misinformation.

This is very true - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
VR there means just 50 doctor's licenses. The rest straight typing. So no need to panic. They are very busy with plenty of work. Apply and see if you like it. Couldn't hurt.
This is very true - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Not all doctors will make VR because of slowness, changing their minds, can't understand them, foreign language, bad dictators, nit picky, etc. Those doctors will be straight typed by the lucky few that won't be doing VR. I've been through this before. The lucky ones on VR will be hounded to do at least twice as much for half the pay. Welcome to the new world of MT.
Only the beginning. Been there too many times. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh, not all going VR!! Not until the machine learns, then bye-bye to all the American/English-speaking physicians in no time at all. You will get the difficult dictators and watch your paycheck...less than minimum wage. Stand in line with the demonstrators for 15 dollars now...that sounds like the new wonderful.
VR is here to stay and nothing we can do about it, sm - SMT
[ In Reply To ..]
so I see no need to be so negative. I am no fan of VR, but just starting out I am easily doing 350 lines per hour. Granted, $14/hour is not going to get me a Mercedes, but it is not going to wreck me either, plus I am determined to get faster. So far, though, I have maybe had 5 VR reports, and I see no reason to get upset when I do not have to do so. I miss the days when I made $70,000 without hardly even trying, but it does me no good to sit here and cry over what will never come back.
Please take a look above - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
on this forum about the Landmark MTs doing VR. That's what's coming for Synernet. Been there. It's always the same. Those people at Landmark are not even experiencing the injured hands yet. VR is never good for the MT; only the service and the doctors. The only way you could ever make the lines they talk about is if you have the same accounts, same doctors, same format all the time day after day. For services where every note is different, every doctor is different, it is a nightmare for the MT. It's hard on your eyes, hard on your mind, and especially hard on your hands. Then they cut your pay like the only thing that's important in a dictation is how fast you can put out those lines. What about all that experience and knowledge you hold in your head after all your years in the profession? You have to know when something isn't right in the dictation. Production is now the bottom line. Some of those notes you will fix something in every line, but get paid half what you were paid before. Some of them you could have keyed faster without it. I still have trigger thumbs from my last job in VR. Glad I'm out of this profession now. It's not anything like it once was. It's just data entry now. Speed and production. I don't even blame the services. They are just trying to keep up.
Because someone cannot make a living at Landmark sm - Apples and oranges
[ In Reply To ..]
does not mean that applies to all companies. LM is notorious also for running out of work constantly. I hate VR just as much as anyone else, but not all companies operate the same as Nuance, M*Modal, etc., and I am willing to see what happens at Synernet. What is the alternative? Keep running from company to company trying to avoid the inevitable? Or take an even LOWER paying straight typing job at 5 cpl? Unfortunately, MT is on the way out, and for some of us that spells a pretty bleak future, but I cannot sit here and focus on the bad. Make hay while the sunshines and sock away all the cash I can. Synernet still has matching funds for its 401k, and every little bit helps.

I'm not impressed with Dolbey Fusion speech compared to others I have used. sm - Disenchanted

[ In Reply To ..]
Of course, part of it may lie with the people setting it up. Things that are supposed to be listed according to the account specs are coming in as paragraphs, so you have to change all of that. And unlike some programs, if you put a period to end a sentence (that the VR should have done), it doesn't automatically capitalize the next letter. I'm relieved that it will only be 5 or so docs on each account so far, but it is getting really annoying really fast.

Similar Messages:

Really Liking My...
Mar 17, 2010

first three days with Amphion.  People are wonderful!  Platform they use is new, so there are some glitches they are working out, but really easy to learn. ...

Doctors Not Liking This Either
Mar 12, 2012

My girlfriend told her internist about our plight and the doctor said that they were actually forbidden to use a transcription service and to do it themselves instead.  She hates it and would rather have a transcriptionist do it because they are so good at what they do!   I don't understand why they would be forbidden to use a transcriptionist. Anyone care to guess why?  She said the cost was not the reason and would gladly pay and pay and pay!!!! ...

So, How Are You New Meridian MTs Liking It Here At MM?
Mar 19, 2013

x ...

Anyone Working For Nuance And Liking It???
May 02, 2011

So I hear a lot about how there is no work at Nuance now because they are over hiring and that they are a "nightmare" to work for. Is there anyone working there now that likes it and isn't having any problems?  ...

Not Liking The New DQS7. Too Many Windows
May 15, 2012

on screen, teeny tiny letters when typing (hope I can change this), stupid QA note section at bottom is annoying as he!!. Hope I can adjust quickly cause this is a pain. ...

Not Liking Lack Of Direct Deposit.
Mar 06, 2015

The company I work for is decent, as far as MTSOs go. Pay is better than most but still crappy IMO.  The problem is they do not offer direct deposit. Receiving my check is so sporadic with mail service being horrible. Some pay periods I get it 2 days after mailing, other times it may take up to a week. I have bills to pay and really need something that I can depend on being there at regular interval. Really considering going elsewhere if they don't start offering Direct Depos ...

Synernet Or MD-IT
Aug 16, 2010

Does anyone out there have any experience working for on Synernet or MD-IT? ...

Synernet, Inc
Mar 27, 2011

Any recent info on Synernet, Inc in Portland, Maine?  Archives are quite old. ...

Synernet???
Jun 27, 2012

I have an interview with them coming up. They seem like they have a good reputation and the benefits look really good. One thing I am wondering about them is just how flexible are the schedules? For example, right now I am able to work a regular 2nd shift position with no problem (I currently work 2nd shift and prefer it to other shifts), but when school starts my kids will have sports and Girl Scouts and Cub Scouts and I have to take them to their meetings. The place I currently work at, they ...

Anyone Know About SYNERNET?
Aug 23, 2012

Does anyone have an opinion about Synernet? I only worked for them 1 mo and I can't wait to leave! ...

Synernet?
Feb 01, 2013

I just applied at Synernet and took their test.  It was pretty easy.  Has anyone ever worked for them?  How is the pay?  It says in the ad that they have excellent benefits.  Are they fairly flexible as far as scheduling?  Any feedback would be appreciated.  They sure sound like a decent company! ...

When Is Synernet Going To VR?
Dec 11, 2013

Just wondering when Synernet will be going to VR?  I wish they would post something on the message board when they have the conference calls for the ones that weren't able to attend.  ...

Synernet At It Again
Jan 30, 2014

First the dire email: Mandatory OT by end of week with at least 2 hours on Saturday. Just forget if you had plans for the weekend. Say what time you will be working and have to work those hours and put who okay'd those hours on your timesheet (you might lie you know). So you do that because you want to help the company out and it's nice to have OT again. So today, email, oops, some people cleaned up all the work so no OT today, but still MIGHT have it on Fri and Sat. Just stay tuned a ...

Any Synernet Mts On Here That Have
Apr 07, 2014

step-by-step instructions of how to handle priority reports? ...

What Is Going On At Synernet
Apr 30, 2014

Is it me? Or what. Just what the heck is going on... anybody out there experiencing some strange things... ...

Job With Synernet
Jul 15, 2014

I am applying for a job with Synernet and will be testing tomorrow. Can anyone tell me approximately how many lines I'd need to type a day to make... lets say 80-85 dollars a day?  I'd appreciate any rough ideas please. I know that most companies have really dropped their cpl since I stopped transcribing years ago, but wow! It's gonna be a challenge to make some money I guess! ...

Synernet VR
Aug 08, 2014

Has anybody actually did the math for the VR with 2000 lines a day/14,000 lines a week at 4 cents a line.  You may be shocked. ...

Synernet PTB
Oct 08, 2014

This msg goes out to J and V.   I would love to email or call you and address my concerns over this but I could not trust that my name would not be brought up and I would just have hell to pay later.   I (we) would love it if you would do something about the supervisors cherry picking their work types.  Why dont they work from a pool like the rest of us?  It is obvious when certain report types (PE tubes, T&A's, cataracts, etc. etc. are being done by t ...

Synernet
May 26, 2015

Anyone ever applied to Synernet and been rejected saying you did not pass their test?  I just completed an online assessment and they said I did not pass it, which is bull crap.  I would stake my life on it that I DID pass it.  What is their problem?  I have been working for 38 years and I certainly know everything they asked.  I want to see the results. ...

Hey Synernet!
Jun 17, 2015

How many emails do we have to get from LL and other micromanagers about helpers on the weekend?  Are we deaf or something?  Gimma a break.  Insulting and overkill.  Treat us with respect and quit treating us like idiots who do not know how to read. ...

What Is The Pay At Synernet?
Jun 27, 2015

nm ...

Anybody Happy At Synernet?
Nov 10, 2009

Archives have mostly negative stuff - is anybody there happy?  Some conflicting info too about whether they have 55 or 65 character lines - can anyone clarify?  Anybody making a decent wage that works there?  Do they have line bonus incentives?  Any info appreciated. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Synernet?
May 10, 2010

Has anyone heard of Synernet? and is it a good company? what is the dirt on this place? ...

Synernet Is Ridiculous
Jun 03, 2010

Talked to the recruiter 2 weeks ago tomorrow (Friday, after her postponing the interview on Wednesday), she was very nice was told the paperwork would be send Fed Ex after not receiving it was told the gal in fhe office was out and would be sent later, and of course based on a "background check" etc  -- with training to supposedly start 06/14/2010  -- I have since accepted two positions and if I were an MT, I would be VERY leery of this company  -- a month to start is ridiculous especially wh ...

Synernet Platform
Oct 04, 2010

Does anyone know what Synernet pays and what platform they use?  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Synernet - Does Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Nov 26, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company?  TIA! ...

Anyone Out There Working For Synernet
Jun 15, 2011

Anyone out there working for Synernet who has also worked for other companies?  I was an IC before joining Synernet a few years ago.  They are paying me .7 cpl, no flexibility unless per-diem and then per-diems still have to work 2 holidays a year, lots of vaca time but can't use 2 weeks in the summer until I've been there 10 years, management impossible to get response from regarding any type of question, just got thrown into weekend rotation, etc.  After looking at boards I see th ...

Synernet - Any Opinions
Apr 28, 2011

Any opinions on thes Company?  I am tired of testing for crappy companies. ...

Anyone Hear From Synernet Yet? Nm
Sep 29, 2011

x ...

Has Anyone Worked For Synernet
Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone out there ever worked for Synernet?  If so, how is the pay and how do they treat you?  Is there plenty of work?  Thx. ...