A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Seeking Transcription Solutions LLC North Carolina Current or Former MT Feedback - Almost Bald

Posted: Jul 25, 2012

Can any current or former MT's with this company give some honest feedback of what on earth this company is about? It is managed by 3 women, and I'm about to blow from the insanity of this place. I wouldn't even know where to begin the list is so long. Anyone want to be anonymous pen-pals? I fully understand and respect discretion regarding such a sensitive subject. Please, tell me somebody else is out there who knows exactly how I feel...

Transcription Solutions LLC - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was there a year ago, the work was steady and the dictators were very good, no ESL's, but they paid by the hour and it was low. I was hired to do voice rec editing but ending up doing a lot of straight transcription for $10/hour! I felt I could do better on my own at a per line rate. What's going on?

I wasnt there very long when I found out the - truth..

[ In Reply To ..]
they basically misrepresent the hourly pay. They claim to pay their MT's hourly to focus on quality, except there's a problem with that when they have a mandatory 4 CPL average that must be maintained. Chartnet clunker platform & demographics with the MT having to input 80% of data. Great for an LPH. As far as the QA kamikaze department and the endless new MT "review" process, (even experienced ICs are still treated like toddlers in diapers) there's no rhyme or reason to it, and it might as well be from another industry & planet because its a process nothing I've ever seen in the MT industry I've worked in for the last 17 years.

I worked there last year and had the same experience. I now work for another company that uses Char - Tired and Old

[ In Reply To ..]
and there is a big difference. I don't think that TS is on the newest version.

They were HORRIBLE to work with.

I was there before- - lm

[ In Reply To ..]
the change to hourly, etc. The work itself wasn't bad but QA had an attitude like you were making the smallest mistakes intentionally. The biggest problem was that one person would tell me to do one thing, then someone else would argue with me about why I was doing it that way and insist I hadn't been told to do so. That got old real fast.

What was your experience with Mgmt? - Tia

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was there that was the main problem, the staffing mgr or whatever title she goes by these days is the main issue and good luck getting around her..she's like the fox guarding the hen house. A decent MT has no recourse there. Don't know if she's part-owner or what, but there are no checks & balances in a place like that. It's just her & 2 other ladies that I guess run the whole place? Do these company owners ever stop to think how they spend their mgmt $$$? They need to pay attention to the other side of the coin of why they can't keep staff and not from their mgmt's skewed reasoning.

Pay - problem

[ In Reply To ..]
They used to fail to pay their workers. It was bizarre.

& besides QA Kamikaze.... - jenna

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, agreed Old MT, platform doesn't help, compensation & policies need revamped like yesterday, but honestly a good MT will tell you that's all negotiable IF there's a mutual respect there, a good MT will go the extra mile to stick it out for a low-stress environment because that's priceless. But, intolerable working with someone constantly threatening & demeaning you at the drop of a hat for mistakes on their own error-prone platform. What they expect in quality is unheard of in poor quality drafted speech engine system spitting out garbage where every single report has to practically be re-typed and requires VR playback set BELOW standard speed...for the MT to catch every dust bunny and then some...because some mgrs have all the time in the world to waste company $$$ to sit and peruse MT reports and forensically analyze and dissect them for anything & everything, regardless if the doctor could care less. HINT: VR WAS NEVER INTENDED FOR VERBATIM TRANSCRIPTION, a bit of an oxymoron.

Don't forget that mandatory 4 CPL (average 220 LPH) when you're going at that turtle pace because it's going to land you in the unemployment line anyway sooner than you think. Oh wait....not even..they pay IC, no benefits, no unemployment there.

QA gets paid by the hour. They have nothing but time - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
to play grammar nazi. I don't know what happens when MTs move on to QA, they seem to go on a major power trip.

I worked in QA for a rather large company and in our weekly meetings the head QA people talked about the MTs like they were total idiots. It was definitely an us versus them attitude and the MT was always wrong.

It's unfortunate you had that experience - ex-QA

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been on both sides of the coin, starting as an MT 20+ years ago and then moving into QA about 15 years ago. None of the editing teams I've ever worked on ever thought of the MTs or treated the MTs like garbage. However, this was in the old days when this business paid well and ALL employees were treated well.

After doing QA as an hourly employee for years, I moved into an administrative position as a trainer and auditor, and the pressure and stress from that job was unreal. It was constant screaming from the management peeps, it was demoralizing and such an unhappy place to be.

After 6 months of that fiasco, I walked out and went back to typing. I don't do VR - I will quit if they ever bring VR on board, but I'm also only doing clinic work and not acute care anymore, so hopefully VR won't become an issue with my new job.

So, to recap, lol, not all QA peeps think the MT peeps are incompetant. I respected the MTs and I truly cared that they were treated fairly, because after all, they were the drones doing all the truly physical work - as compared to my QA job, which was mostly reading and giving constructive feedback to enable the MTs to learn.

Staffing mgr is 1 reason I left along with - see below..from Annette

[ In Reply To ..]
with horrible expectations. Which, was a shame because the dictators were decent, was just a poor system & company servicing them. Staffing mgr magnifies the littlest mistake x10 and makes you feel your next mistake will be your last. Never an encouraging word, only focused on everything wrong, never anything right. Was also promised a raise in 30 days, never saw it...and was always made to feel you were lucky to be working there.

$10/hour is pretty bad - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I stuck it out for a year and then I figured if I could get paid by the line for the straight transcription I was doing, I'd be better off. After a year, I was still doing straight mixed with VR for $10/hour! Not sure how they are keeping people.

I work there - rajaraven

[ In Reply To ..]
The work is easy - not many ESLs and the few there are, not too bad. Yes, one starts out at $10.00, but after 30-day review, one is due for a raise. I did get a raise. They only require 6 hours a day minimum, Monday-Friday, 8-5 EST. One can work 8 hours a day if one wishes. If the work is there (and it usually is), one may work as many hours as one wishes, after one meets one's minimum requirement. It is IC, so the company is usually closed on holidays and one has the option to work if one wants to. Otherwise, no pay for the holiday, of course. Pay is on time, direct deposit, every two weeks. So far, no complaints. Have been there six months.
RajaRaven how long did it take you to get off full review? - jenna
[ In Reply To ..]
and how long have you been there?
TS - rajaraven
[ In Reply To ..]
It only took me about 2 weeks to get off full review. I did not receive the raise at that time, however. I saw an ad on mtjobs wherein it stated a raise was given after release from full review (this was some months after being released), so I asked about a raise and got it that pay period. I have been there about six months now.
TS for three months - anom
[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at TS for a little over three months on an account that "suddenly" went to EMR and was let go. After three months, the manager finally started the audit the same week I was let go. My contention was they knew I was there only temporarily. A freak think then happened to me two weeks following my being let go by this company I received a link for Chartnet and instructions and then a quick email to disregard it so that tells me they are still hiring there. I made $10.50 an hour and was constantly told my quality was bad and that mine lines were too low after I had been there only 8 days but toward the end of my time there, was working up to where they said they wanted me only to be let go.

Similar Messages:

Transcription Solutions LLC North Carolina Hourly Position?
Apr 09, 2012

They offer an hourly wage for an IC position.  Anyone know what they are like to work for?   ...

United Transcription In North Carolina, Any Current Info??-sm
Aug 25, 2010

They're supposed to send transcription test today. It's been a few wks since I applied so forget what ad said. Found some posts in archives and somewhat concerned. One said they use "tests" to get actual work done, hired but never heard from again, another said scam (from 2006), pay 7.5 cents for 17 yrs of exp with clunky platform, and so on. But also looks like there are few different companies with same name. Already make over 7.5 cents so not interested in doing their test if that&# ...

STS Transcription In North Carolina
Mar 01, 2010

Does anyone know anything about STS transcription based out of North Carolina? ...

DIT Transcription In North Carolina?
Aug 26, 2010

DIT Transcription in North Carolina ...

United Transcription In North Carolina?
Aug 07, 2012

Does anyone have any information on United Transcription in North Carolina? Thinking about applying with this company and too many scams out there, no tolerance for another scam... Thanks clm ...

United Transcription Out Of North Carolina
Sep 12, 2013

Any information on this company would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks It is getting worse by the day in finding jobs anymore no matter what field one is in.   ...

United Transcription Located In North Carolina?
Aug 26, 2010

Can you share your experiences with this company?   Thanks ...

QMedET Solutions: Need Current Feedback!
Aug 25, 2010

So, I'm an RMT with less than 1 year of experience under my belt...currently working as an IT on an account only paying .05 cpl and also another account paying .07 cpl.  Together, they comprise pretty much a full-time job for me. Meanwhile, I was just asked to test for QMedET Solutions and possibly join their "PATH" program for those new to their practices/platforms/etc. for .07 cpl.  Does anyone have any positive/negative feedback about the company, training program, accounts, ...

Transcription Solutions Of South Carolina
Oct 11, 2011

Has anyone taken the test for Transcription Solutions of South Carolina and received any results? ...

Info On Transcription Solutions Of South Carolina
Apr 02, 2014

Any current MTs working for or any previous MTs who have worked with Transcription Solutions of South Carolina? I have submitted my resume for their recent job opening post. Just wondering about the company. All I can find in the archives is old, from 2007. Just wondering general things. Do they pay on time? Have plenty of work? Good company to work for? ANY information is greatly appreciated. ...

MTVS - Medical Transcription Voice Technology Inc. North Carolina?
Mar 17, 2012

Not much in archives & I just started IC with them as a temp position until I find something better.  The pay is not great but it is per 63 character line count and the acute account I'm on double spaces PE section so that helps.  Platform is DocQscribe which has to be the easiest one I've ever used out of M*Modal/eScription..etc.  The speech rec is not as precise as eScription but on the + positive side this IS the 1st company that doesn't QA NITPICK unnecessar ...

Looking For Current Feedback On Transcription Companies
Jan 01, 2015

I worked for MedQuist for over 10 yrs and then decided to take a little break, which I did.  I'm thinking about going back to work in medical transcription from home and would appreciate any current feedback you can give me on companies to avoid or that you recommend.  Thanks! Tricia ...

Looking For Current Information On ATSI (American Transcription Solutions) .. SM
Dec 27, 2010

After searching the archives all of the information there is old and I would really appreciate some up-to-date information.   TIA ...

North Carolina MTs And TAA -- URGENT
Jan 19, 2010

Please send a copy of the email or details from phone message from the  Grover Houck that stated you need a letter of layoff to this email williams-raysor.rosemary@dol.gov I talked to Rosemary.  She is the TAA REGIONAL DIRECTOR for 8 states including NC.  She is intervening but needs copies of emails sent stating MTs would not qualify unless submitting the layoff letter from Medquist. Please call her.  She wants to talk to other MTs.  Please call and/or send email ...

TRANSPORTAL- NORTH CAROLINA
Mar 23, 2011

So  Transportal now gets caught!  Wage and Hour walks in their doors and audits their payroll and they are made to pay out MTs that were not paid minimum wage or overtime.  When are these MTSOs going to stop thinking that because we work on production that we do not come under Wage and Hour laws! Well I just hope that all those MTs that they didn't pay minimum wage to or overtime got the back wages they deserved.  Let it be a lesson to everyone that works at home a ...

MVTS In NORTH CAROLINA
Jun 22, 2012

Does anyone have any recent information or work experience with this company? They are hiring VR editors and paying .03 a line.  Is this good/decent pay for VR or no? I have searched the archieves, but would like to hear from anyone who has or does currently work for this company with more recent information and experience! Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Transportal North Carolina?
Feb 03, 2011

, ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A + Network Out Of North Carolina Or Arrendale Associates?
Oct 24, 2012

Found some job openings from a company in North Carolina. I emailed asking for more info because the ad didn't give enough for me to feel comfortable sending a resume. Got an answer back stating a small company, bought out by Arrendale Associates. Any info appreciated. ...

QMedET Solutions Feedback
Sep 24, 2013

Anybody hired here recently willing to share their opinion of PATH and beyond?  Please provide as many details as you can, trying to decide.... ...

Meridian Healthcare Solutions - Any Feedback
Jan 18, 2012

Any feedback on Meridian? I just got a call from them for an interview. I would like feedback on them before I call them back. What platform do they use? What is their pay like, etc.  Thanks! ...

Superior Global Solutions - Feedback Good, Bad Or Indifferent On This Company?
May 31, 2012

Can anyone give feedback good, bad or indifferent on this company? I need to work where there is work so I can pay my bills.  Thanks in advance for your time.  :) ...

Any Current Feedback For M2ComSys?
Aug 25, 2014

Any current news or feedback on what it's like working as a transcriptionist for M2ComSys?  This company is out of Las Vegas.  Good company to work for? ...

Peachtree New Hire - Any Feedback From Current ICs There?
Mar 20, 2015

Hi, I just took a position with Peachtree two days ago, one of the few companies which still has plenty of rad work.  I've read from the archives, but none very recent.  Used to work for KS until they stopped caring about employees.  ...

Superior Global Solutions - Name Of The Current Recruiter?
Aug 28, 2012

Is anyone able to give me the name of the current recruiter?  Thanks for your help!  ...

Any Current Info On Transtech Solutions Out Of Houston.
Apr 23, 2013

x ...

Does Anyone Have Any Current Information On Celerity Solutions Group?
Nov 22, 2013

x ...

Feedback About JLG Transcription? 
Aug 09, 2011

Can anybody give me any feedback about JLG Transcription?  ...

North American Transcription Company
Mar 23, 2011

Anyone heard of this company.  We got a flyer from them today at work and they say they only charge 6.5 c per line, all US-based, no outsourcing.  Looked up their website and they say they are one of the largest transcription companies in the US (never heard of them).  Would love to know how they can pay their apparently "highly skilled" transcriptionists when they only charge 6.5 c per line.  ...

Not Getting Much Feedback On Alpha Transcription
Jun 12, 2011

Can anyone that works for this company give me an update on working conditions or email me. ...

RezZiliant Transcription Feedback?
Aug 24, 2011

Does anyone know anything about this company.  If so, I would like to hear what you think about them.  Good and bad.  Thanks. ...