A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Saince new accounts anyone? - mtlooking

Posted: Mar 13, 2014

I have an opportunity to take a position with Saince working on one of their new behavioral health accounts.  Has anyone had any experience with this, good, bad or indifferent? I understand they've taken on a large number of facilities and will continue to throughout the year.  Just wondering if it's worth taking the chance or if I'm wasting my time considering. Thanks in advance!

Run, Forest, Run! - Pickles

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work there. I honestly believe they thought they had a new concept--pay everyone 6 cpl for everything...VR editing, QA editing, and straight transcription. First off, the dictators were not the dream dictators they were led to believe. I don't work on all of the accounts but the accounts I do work on (and they change constantly) probably have 75-80% horrible dictators. So much of their work needs to be 100% QA'd because it is done by their global MTs. They quickly realized that 6 cpl for QA edits was not going to work and dropped it to 4.5 cpl. That's still not bad for QA editing. However, not sure what the hold up is with VR editing, but it is extremely slow coming to fruition. Also, another thing, and I have not personally been a victim of this, but I've heard from fellow MTs who work there that they seem to make up the rules as they go along and trust with management is an issue. So, my best advice is to keep looking. I will say I love the people I work with and I like the work now that I've learned the dictators, but I'm making less than peanuts. Hope this helps.

Are you running yet? - Pickles

[ In Reply To ..]
I want to remind you that everyone needs to form their own opinion, who knows you may love it. But I also want to state that if they in any way led you to believe that we work with our global counterparts, that is simply not true. The India MTs are favored at every turn. If they led you to believe that NOT working weekends or holidays because our global counterparts pick those up, that also is untrue. And, if, from your statement, they led you to believe that you would be working for ONE of their behavioral health accounts, that also is not true....you will have a multitude of behavioral health accounts each with different client specs that can change at any time.

I figured as much - mtlooking

[ In Reply To ..]
My gut told me this was bad news. I have another MT job for now, so, like Forest, I will keep on running. And looking. Thanks for the info!
ACCOUNT ASSIGNMENTS - Alice
[ In Reply To ..]
Introduction to my initial account assignment consisted simply of being emailed the specs to 5 accounts. No, not one at a time, but 5 to start.. And no discussion, just an email.

Promises, promises - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The honeymoon was great and .06 seemed not bad for a mix of SR and straight. There wasn't any SR in the beginning and we got a higher cpl. Then, the beast was born. The SR is beyond horrible, it does not learn, it eliminates any chance for a decent line count, it is a nightmare. We were only supposed to have 4 accounts. Promises, promises. I worked on at least 7 yesterday. There are some lovely dictators, but I don't get them anymore, I get the rude motormouths, the ones who breathe into the mike and sound like a cross between Darth Vader and a sex offender, and the ones who just ruin your chances of earning anything that day. The worst is when you are fortunate enough to get only straight typing for the entire shift, and then realize you are getting paid .06 for your efforts. Oh, and no spaces.

Pay of 0.06 no spaces is really 4.5! nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Not my best experience - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I have to add that I have NOT found Saince to be a progressive transcription company that understands the needs of today's transcriptionist. In fact, not one of those in charge has asked me what I think my needs are. On the rare occasion that I've expressed my concerns, they don't seem to comprehend. Account assignments are constantly changing and I do not trust those who have control over this. I've had a very high percentage of awful dictators, and these are not all ESL, just English speakers who have very bad habits such as talking at the speed of light (faster than I've ever heard before), mumbling, and using some kind of speaker system or microphone that creates the most indecipherable dictation I have ever heard anywhere else and I've been in this industry for about a decade. I've been waiting for the VR to start, but have only received a few reports with VR and those were such a mess that I had to retype it from the beginning. They don't pay for spaces, either.

If you don't really need the money to live and just want the experience or if you enjoy difficult challenges for some other reason, then it may be a good fit for you.

If you go there interested in the health insurance, ask about both the cost of premiums AND the yearly deductibles.

Frankly, I'm planning an exit as soon as possible.

My opinions are.... - my2cents

[ In Reply To ..]
When I found out the owner is from India and a hunk of work goes there - that the US team would get the junk India doesn't want. Secondly the 6 cpl for vbs is equal to 4.25-4.5 for straight typing which is horrible but decent for editing if you have decent drafts to work with. I can say the recruiter was nice and I know one of the manager as I've worked with them in the past, but I told them I wouldn't work for such low wages with the accounts being 100% typing for a few weeks.

Not just a few weeks - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
Actually, It's not 100% typing for just a few weeks. Accounts I started on over 3 months ago are still straight typing and the very few that come in as VR are such a mess that I end up typing them from scratch. So, no, I have not yet seen a decent draft. I keep thinking something will improve. I'd like to give them a chance, but I think it will only get worse. To consider that the good dictators are going to India would explain a lot and I hate to think that the US MTs are just readying the accounts for India, but it wouldn't be a total surprise. I've worked for other companies where this happened. Btw, I did like the recruiter and she made a good sales pitch, but I don't hold it against her. She seemed like a very nice person who was simply doing her job. Buyer beware..

Terrible experience! - Just me again

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked there also. I had 9, yes 9 accounts thrown at me all at one time and was told to just "learn your acct specs." How in the world can you learn your acct specs when you get emails every day changing those specs? I saw the handwriting on the wall. Very poor response time on any IMs or emails regarding questions or problems. Also....if you ever really explored that "Big Ant" program and clicked on the additional tab up top it will show you just exactly how many Indian employees are there to do the good stuff.

Similar Messages:

Saince Behavioral Health Accounts?
Oct 01, 2014

struggling to make money on these behavioral health accounts? Trying to decide if the problem is me. ...

For Anyone That Works At TTS Are The Accounts Difficult Accounts And
Jul 09, 2013

how is the platform.  I know people have negative comments about them but are there any positive ones.  I would only try it PT and IC.  Not sure that would work out or not.  ...

I Assume The Bayscribe Accounts Are The Old MDI-MD Accounts -- Sm
Jan 30, 2014

is that correct? If so, are CB and DF still involved? I love Bayscribe, and I was thinking about biting the bullet and applying to Nuance for some PT work, but I kind of butted heads with the 2 ladies and so I don't want to waste my time. Thanks for your input. ...

TTS-MT Or Saince????
Jun 11, 2014

I have job offers for both.  Saince is Behavioral Health and TTS is Acute Care.  I have read all infromation from both companies pros and cons. The hours are about the same.  The one thing that worries me about one company is if your QA audit is not where it should be, MT is penalized to only working 30 minutes a day until audit score is brought up.  I would  be working PT for both.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.   ...

PROOF SAINCE DOES NOT PAY!!!
Apr 05, 2010

I got this email this morning - yes, he's threatening to sue me over my paycheck - Remember, he owes me $415: I have your email (received Friday 4/2/2010 at 3.30 PM) wherein you have agreed to the settlement offered by us. We are prepared to send your check for $171.00, as you have agreed to below, by Express Mail today so that you may receive it tomorrow.  Finally, today I have received some emails from you that were sent to the Nevada Labor Commission among a host of other people.& ...

Any Info On Saince?
Nov 27, 2012

Any info on Saince?? ...

Saince - Would Appreciate Any Info
Sep 12, 2013

Would appreciate any info on this company anybody may have.  Not much info when doing a Job Search came up.  Thanks! ...

Any New Info On Saince?
Sep 24, 2013

x ...

Saince And My Experience.
Nov 12, 2013

Just wondering how many other people started with Saince and then left.  I started a month ago.  The first thing I had an issue with was the fact that I would be called several times by the recruiter and absolutely could not get off the phone with this woman.  She would literally keep me on the phone talking for an hour about her personal stuff and she did not seem very professional.  The training consists of about an hour webinar.  They have you do about  3 reports ...

Saince Transcription
May 15, 2014

I've been invited to test with Saince Transcription. Can anybody give me any information on this company, good, bad, or indifferent? ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What Platform Saince Uses?
May 25, 2014

I was interested in their psych account.  I have read the archives, but where I am now is bad enough I am thinking of giving them a try.  Thanks. ...

Just Took The Saince Test
Jun 19, 2014

Just took the Saince test.  Has anybody else taken this test and what did you think of it?  ...

Anybody Know Of Precyse And Saince?
Sep 10, 2014

Just wondering if they're good or bad and how they compare to other companies such as MModal. ...

Saince And Amphion
Sep 10, 2014

Hello! Can anyone please provide any recent information for Saince and/or Amphion?  I have searched but not finding a lot other than VBC and information on what people have gone through with their testing processes for the past year.  How are they to work for?  What is the CPL?  Is insurance high?  Thank you in advance. ...

Saince Feedback Please
Oct 20, 2014

Last week I talked to their recruiter and would like to hear from current/recent employees regarding how good the speech recognition program is and how much work do you really do that is straight transcription.  Their line rate seemed low for straight transcribing but fair for editing.  The recruiter wouldn't answer my direct question on how much of the work is editing.  I'm not interested in straight typing for their line rate but if most of the work is editing with a d ...

Saince Anyone Working
Nov 24, 2014

Anyone who is currently working for Saince or in the past has worked there I would like some information on how the company is to work for - pay, QA, flexibility, etc.  From what I am hearing, pay is not good.  Please let me know the good, bad and ugly.  Thanks.  ...

Current Info About Saince?
Oct 11, 2011

Does anyone have any current info about Saince?  Can only find older posts. ...

Has Anyone Worked For Saince? From The Website, It Looks Like ... SM
Jul 05, 2012

they are Indian owned or at least Indian run, but I was just wondering if anyone has ever actually worked for them.  I need benefits, and the list of people to work for who offer them is dwindling pretty quickly.  Thanks for anything you care to share. ...

Has Anybody Worked For Saince Out Of Georgia?
Nov 25, 2013

I am looking to work for a smaller company and was hoping maybe someone on here had worked for them and knows if they are okay to work for or not. TIA ...

Saince Versus Mmodal
Dec 03, 2013

I am constantly running out of work where I am employed. I have nine accounts across he country and still have to fight for work. I have an interview on Thursday with Saince, Inc. Which is the better company, Saince or Mmodal? I have heard both run out of work. Why are these companies hiring when there is no work to be had? ...

Better Company, Mmodal Or Saince?
Dec 05, 2013

I was supposed to have a Saince interview at 2:30 and the interviewer called 45 minutes late, is this a sign of what kind of company it is? I have heard really bad things about this company but currently running out of work an making no money at the company that I am not now. Any advice on this company? Which is the better company, mmodal or Saince? ...

Saince Medical Transcription
Jun 04, 2014

RUN from this place!  They have no idea what they're doing.  You will regret even sending your resume! ...

Saince Line Requirements And QA
Jun 18, 2014

Anyone know how many lph or minutes you are required to do? Also how is their QA? ...

Saince Psych Transcription
Dec 17, 2014

Has anyone worked for this company and how was the pay, dictators?  Did you find their VR was good?  Thanks for any info.  ...

Saince-Jami Fineberg
Jan 28, 2015

Did anyone else send an email asking about Saince to this person and hear back? I sent her an email and haven't heard anything, just checking. Thanks. ...

Saince Transcription-AVOID
Mar 15, 2015

I recently worked for Saince for a few months, and was recently laid off.  I feel like I have been not told the truth from the beginning about this company.  They said they were NOT a company owned from India, but yes they are.  They said they wanted full-time employees, but when I was laid off they said that all of their employees are considered "part-time."  I was also told I was caught in a numbers crunch and I was caught in the middle.  They also told me they wanted ...

Any Current Info On Saince? TIA. Nm
Jun 24, 2015

nm ...

AVOID SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION AT ALL COST!!!!
Apr 02, 2010

Avoid Saince.  They are intrusive, constantly calling and they don't pay.  They hijacked my PC for 33-1/2 hours and their paperwork said they pay $10 an hour and then today I was told they only pay a flat rate $100.  HELLO!! THEY OWE ME $335 BEFORE TAXES THANK YOU!  They pay by black character only which means you don't get paid for spaces so you type 22 reports a day and average about 600 lines.  Nice!  When asked if you get paid according to the line co ...

SAINCE TRANSCRIPTION No Longer Has A QA Staff
Apr 12, 2013

Saince Transcription no longer has a QA Staff. They let them all go about a month ago. The MTs have been divided into teams with a team leader who is doing all the QA for the team. This poor team leader is really doing the QA for nothing, they get an extra 10% on their cpl rate to offset doing the QA, but sounds like that could really cut down your production. The hospitals they type for don't even know it has happened which sounds illegal or at the very least unscrupulous. They signed ...

Anyone Working Or Did Work With Saince (Indian Co) ?
Dec 02, 2013

I did radiology and HIM work 13 years for hospital and was outsourced to Saince (Indian Co), has anyone else ever worked for them ?  It is getting so bad there, go hours without work, pay is very low (4.5 cents editing and straight 8.5 but hardly any of that), i have to pay $150 per pay period (300 month) for insurance.  I am now 63 years old and I live alone, but I have so much experience going back to the late 70s working in doctor offices, 2 hospitals, orthopedic clinics, etc. and I ...