A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about Aces Up - Anon

Posted: Aug 18, 2011

Does anyone know if they are IC or employee status?  I cannot find this info in the archives.

Thanks!

They are IC - nm - LHE

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thank you! - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hoping they might be employee status or statutory employee status, as I'm tired of keeping up with my own taxes as an IC.

Reply - Terri

[ In Reply To ..]
IC status only. Their platform for their oncology work leaves a lot to be desired. In my opinion it is impossible to make a living wage if you work on the oncology account because of the work they call "editing" and the fact you only get paid 3 cpl for it. A lot of the time it isn't really just editing, but new transcription.

That stinks.... - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Oncology was what caught my eye.... Oh well. Thanks for replying!

I disagree. I make consistently what I consider - sm - LHE

[ In Reply To ..]
a good wage, I average about $2400 a month. Granted I don't have to live on that but if I had to it would be doable. I don't have nearly the headaches many of you have with nationals. I have good assigned dictators (1 ESL, one fast talker, one okay, and one that rambles a bit and you have to be on your toes with), there are few ESL, some are not so great but some are not so bad either. I do more straight typing then edits obviously but if you end up basically retyping an edit it gets billed as new, not an edit. So it is not all black and white as you see it.

And it certainly doesn't... - Betty

[ In Reply To ..]
hurt if you are "teacher's pet."
Out of line you are, and no I am not a TP - sm - LHE
[ In Reply To ..]
but if it makes you feel better and superior to say so, then sticks and stones. I never lie, whitewash, or inflate anything about my work experiences, unlike others on here. But so many here whine, *itch and moan about how horrible their jobs are, how they cannot make any money (I know I make a lot more than any of them, they may make more per line but I have steady work and good dictators, a rarity these days), etc. I like where I am, period. So many comment half-cocked without any actual knowledge of the situation. Yes it can be stressful like any MT job, yes, sometimes I am exhausted after working 3 days in a row until 1 a.m. or up at 5:30am to finish up work from the day before but at I don't have to deal with daily quotas, and nasty QA, etc. No MT job is perfect it depends on what works for YOU. You don't like what Deb is offering it is your perogative not to take it.
LHE - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree with you. I think the poster above was really out of line. I know nothing about your compnay, but think that comment was uncalled for. I am considering going to IC status in a few months when I retire for the very reasons you describe. I am tired of having to work weekends. Enough is enough. I will work weekends if it is my choice.

Similar Messages:

Aces Up-No Pay
Sep 08, 2012

Aces UP is Aces down regarding pay!  Not only were my last five pay periods incorrect and VERY late, I've yet to get a check for almost $400.00.  This is absurd.  It has been excuse after excuse, and many of the excuses I've heard more than once.  Aces Up is gowing down and under it seems and she is using the paychecks to support her move to CA from West VA, what she calls GLOBAL (which is laughable).  Get real Deborah and pay up!  The check I am waiting o ...

Does Anyone Presently Work For Aces Up?
Aug 13, 2011

Does anyone presently work for Aces Up?  Is it a good company?  ...

Did Anyone Apply For The Position With Aces Up?
Aug 25, 2011

Did anyone apply for the position with Aces Up?  How is it going? ...

Anyone Hear Of/know Anything About Aces UP Medical Services??
Jan 28, 2010

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this company at all? I am trying to find some oncology transcription work and came across one of their older job postings on the Internet. Thanks! ...