A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question About Cypress References - nonnie

Posted: Aug 03, 2012

The job wtih Cypress sounds interesting; however, I am just curious about the references being "physician references."  I have been working at home for about 20 years and my references are all MTSO-type references.  Do they overlook this or does it actually have to be doctors?   Thanks.

They never asked me for references - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Cypress - nonnie

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, this is what I copied out of their ad. Also, in reading the ad that they recently posted, I see no contact information whatsoever.

You will need to provide us with verifiable references of physicians names and contact information for consideration.

How does one contact this company?
Thanks?

I was concerned about references also but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they never asked me for any. Click on the "reply by email" button at the end of the ad.
thanks- nm - nonnie
[ In Reply To ..]
s

pay rate - uh uh

[ In Reply To ..]
$6 per completed page after scanning pages of med reports and filling in form... sounds like lots of work and little pay

It's very tedious work - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been there a couple weeks and am struggling to make decent money. Once I get a good flow going and lots of macros, I could make okay money. For me, this job works as supplemental income.

My SD offered me $10 per hour for same job. SM - luluwu

[ In Reply To ..]
46 pages of medical records to summarize. Seemed easy; it wasn't.

Cypress - beentheredonethat

[ In Reply To ..]
Honestly, did we all make good money after a couple of weeks of transcribing? It takes a month or 2 to get proficient at any new job, esp one that requires more focused skills. I'm going for it--tired of struggling to get decent line count=money transcribing after 39 years. These fingers don't move as fast as they used to, and my hearing isn't getting any better.

Similar Messages:

References
Jul 18, 2013

I have had NUMEROUS MT jobs and I usually "jump ship" when things get bad, work runs out, etc., and it has gotten to the point where I have no references that I feel would say positive things.  Does anyone else have this problem?  I am actually trying to get a job in the "outside world" but everyone wants "references" and it is hard to explain that these transcription companies are not even in my same state, they no absolutely nothing about me, so it makes it very difficult.   ...

No References?
Apr 24, 2014

Okay, so what do you do if you have no "work" references because every company you have worked for previously has gone out of business?   They specifically want "work" references, not personal (no friends, relatives, clergy, etc.)   ...

Better Have 3 References
Sep 27, 2014

I could not upload my application and resume due to not having 3 references.  ...

Cypress
Aug 06, 2012

Would someone share with me the website for Cypress.  I have seen several but not the ones that we're looking for. ...

ORTHOPEDIC REFERENCES
Mar 26, 2010

I am going to start doing orthopedics next week and I am just wondering does anyone have any reference websites they would share. Thanks in advance. ...

References For Psychiatry
Apr 26, 2012

About to start doing psychiatry and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions for good references and quick guides. ...

Pharmaceutical References
Nov 13, 2014

Does anyone recommend a good website to refer to when looking up generic/brand name drugs?  JMJ ...

Why So Much Pressure About References?
Jan 18, 2015

I'm baffled...I applied with Patient First through Careerbuilder.  I had recruiters pursuing me for months, I get back to them and they tell me I'll be coming to Virginia for testing that I did awesome on the first test, yada yada yada...then I get a call from HR because I didn't fill out the profile on the Patient First website, and now they're all gung ho about references!  I worked at the same MTSO for over 6 years - there's a lot of turnover in MTSO's, ...

About References. MT Over 25 Years And Have None
Mar 25, 2015

I initially went to work as an MT in-house for a practice in 1990.  They outsourced to a company that I went to work for in 2000.  The medical practice was bought by a hospital, so switched their work to another facility.  I continued to work at home for CyMed.  They were sold to SPi, who eventually closed shop.  I left in 2009 to work for Meridian Health Solutions.  In 2013, Meridian sold out to MM, and here I sit at MM, who states they ONLY verify employment, and ...

On Line References
May 31, 2015

Are there any programs/books you could recommend that go the computer.  I had retired, but now seeking work again and unfortunately got rid of my reference books!  Thanks ...

Is Anyone Doing The Cypress Test?
Jul 29, 2012

Cypress has another ad for summarizers.  Just wondering if anyone is going to do the test. ...

Cypress Summarizer Job?
Aug 01, 2012

well for one thing, they didn't say where to send the email.  But why 12 dislikes? Just curious. ...

Cypress Med Rec Summarizer
Jun 05, 2014

Anyone have info on this company and its "job" offer?  I see it keeps renewing its ad and wonder if it can't find anyone or if it actually needs a ton of people?  Any info would be GREAT.. thanks! ...

Neurology & Neurosurgery References
Feb 26, 2010

I am picking up a new clinic and I am hoping those of you who have been doing Neuro/Neurosurg might be able to suggest some of your favorite links for these specialties.  I am very excited about the new clinic, but pretty nervous too.  There is so much to learn.   Any ideas on where I can find the best references in these fields?  Thanks in advance.... ...

CMT Exam, No References For Transcription?
Nov 28, 2010

Is it true that on the CMT exam, during the transcription portion, that you cannot use any references or a spellchecker? If so, how is that even possible? ...

Nuance Horrible For References
Feb 12, 2014

Nuance is horrible for giving references needed for new job but should have figured.  Now they are holding me back from getting another job how nice, glad they can manage ti pay their bills but hold others back frim doing the same!!! ...

CYPRESS MEDICAL - SCAM
Jan 19, 2011

BE LEARY OF THE AD ON MT JOBS FOR CYPRESS MEDICAL, THEY ARE A SCAM!  THEY CANNOT EVEN CONSTRUCT A SENTENCE, WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE COMPANY, GIVE A HISTORY OR HAVE A WEBSITE OR PROVIDE A PHONE NUMBER OR A CEO, OR MANAGER'S NAME!  THIS HAPPENED ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO WITH A GATEWAY AD, AND THEY STUCK ME FOR $1200!  PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THIS AD, MY COMPUTER WAS COMPROMISED RIGHT AFTER I RESPONDED TO THE AD!   ...

Cypress Medical Reviewer
May 17, 2011

I keep seeing the Cypress medical reviewer job for some MT with 10 yrs experience.  Why is this job always open? Does anybody have any info of what this job is really? ...

Cypress Medical - Anybody Worked For Them?
Dec 16, 2011

Is anybody out there in MT land working for Cypress Medical or has worked for them?  Just wondering what you think of them.  Everyone have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! ...

Cypress Medical Review
Mar 21, 2012

Does anyone work for this company or had worked for this company doing medical review work?  I do review work for a local IME doctor and I love it.  I would love to find more of this type of work.  This company sounds interesting, but all I have found are negative comments.  However, none of the comments come from people who have actually worked for the company. ...

Cypress Type Companies
Aug 05, 2012

Does anybody know any companies besides Cypress that does that kind of work? I'm interested in it but Cypress itself seems to disorganized, their testing is ridiculous and I have no physician references because I've worked at home for years. Any information is welcome. Thanks! ...

How Is It Going For New Hires At Cypress Medical? Nm
Aug 10, 2012

nm ...

Considering Offer From Cypress Medical
Aug 21, 2012

I was just wondering about anyone's experience with Cypress Medical. Was offered a position there, but scared to make the leap.  If you work there, are you able to make a living and are they nice to work for?  Thanks.  ...

How Do I List Professional References On A Job App If I Don't Know My Coworkers?
Sep 04, 2012

I have worked at home for 15+ years and other than occasional email exchanges between me and a supervisor I have no contact with other people at my company or even on my account.  I was filling out a job application the other day and it wanted three professional references other than the supervisors.  I was completely lost and had to leave it blank.  Has anyone else run into this, and how do you handle it? ...

I Have Received A Very Odd Message From Cypress Medical, Has (sm)
Jan 26, 2011

anyone else received the same email (trust me, you will know it is odd)?  Has anyone tested for them or been hired by them? TIA ...

Cypress Medical - Anyone Heard Of This Company?
Jul 12, 2012

Has anyone heard of this company?  They are hiriing "summarizers".  Would like to know if anyone has taken the test and/or been hired by this company and what you think.  Thanks ...

Cypress Medical - Did Anyone Accept A Position?
Jul 25, 2012

Did anyone accept a position with the above after doing the 49-page file review and summarization.  I had a call from the gentleman last night but not at a good time, so he will call back this evening.  Curious as to whether or not their actual files are as disorganized as the test file.  If anyone accepted a position, can you share how it is going.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Else Starting At Cypress As A Records Summarizer?
Aug 01, 2012

I decided to take the position, something different.  I was just curious to see how many others have recently started here or will be starting here?  I'm kind of nervous as it's so different from anything I've ever done before. ...

Cypress Medical Offered A Position
May 07, 2014

I applied to their ad, took the test and was offered a position. Would like feedback from anyone who works there, or worked there. Did you like it? Were you honestly able to make a living doing this type of work? Pay offered seemed low for the amount of time it took me to summarize the sample they sent me for the test. Any information you can supply is greatly appreciated. ...

Cypress Medical - If This Company Is Really Legit
Jun 24, 2014

Does anyone know if this company is really legit. There is nothing that comes up on Google as far as a company website, or any information really. They give no contact name really. It seems odd. If anyone knows of a website or other company information, would be great. Thanks very much. Lots of scams out there these days. ...