A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Newly hired at Nuance 2 weeks ago - Trained and sitting and waiting

Posted: Sep 06, 2011

So I am hired and did all the webinar training and such... and am waiting and waiting to get trained on account specifics and get started working...

How long can I expect to wait?  I asked someone Friday and they said most likely Tuesday.  Tuesday workday has come and gone....

What to do next?

Contact your recruiter and - cm

[ In Reply To ..]
CC your TL/supervisor - that always lights a fire under them ;)

It's what I had to do - Worked at Focus last year

[ In Reply To ..]
My original team lead was a FLAKE and despite numerous requests for account specifics and training, I heard nothing. After 7 days of no communication from them at all, I sent an e mail to recruiter with cc to team lead saying thanks, but no thanks, I don't have time to mess around. That got the recruiter hot, let me tell you. They don't want to go to the trouble of hiring you just for the team lead to drop the ball.

I agreed to stay, but with another team - COMPLETELY ignoring the signs from the universe that it was a bad idea.

Maybe this is a sign for you. I almost lost my house working for Focus. There was no way to make decent money on their crappy VR at 4 cpl. There must be people out there who can do it, but I sure wasn't one of them.

Welcome to the world of Nuance - StormyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
The fun begins. Enjoy the ride.
SNARL - Trained and sitting and waiting
[ In Reply To ..]
I keep applying for other jobs, but no luck yet.

I have minimal work where I am/was, but they took nearly all of the work out from under us and sent it to the Philippines....
My story with Nuance and only stayed 3 weeks - lka
[ In Reply To ..]
Like you, I attended all the webinars and training and spent lots of my own time besides that reviewing all of it... much of it confusing becauses of too much info all at one time. I had a great supervisor but I also emailed her when I was done and she responded that day and got me going.

However, after 3 days (and I have 25 plus years experience of all kinds of dictations and specialties), I thought... I can't do this... worst dictators ever and I would be lucky to get 600 lines at the end of the day. I thought long and hard and quit on the 3rd day. The recruiter called me because she was so surprised and asked me if I would reconsider, saying that 3 days was really not long enough to make such a decision. So, I reconsidered and stayed but after 3 weeks I had finally had it. I would get "stuck" quite often and needed help when I was in the midst of something. Had several people on the IM thingy but they were always busy (and I believe they are busy), but that does not help a new person like myself and others. Eventually I had to resign after 3 weeks and knew that I gave it my best shot. If I had seen even the slightest improvement I would have trudged on, but I could see the handwriting on the wall.

I still work part-time for antoher company but at times they run out of work so I am not letting any grass grow under my feet. I have an interview tomorrow with another MTSO and applied for another yesterday. After 2 years at my present employer I have had no raise and I need incentive to stay there. I am a good quality MT with always 99% or better and work when asked to work extra, but it's just a means to an end... that is, pay the rent and buy food and the bare essentials. I need more and am deserving of more.

Keep on looking but contact your supervisor (they must have assigned someone to you) and tell her you are anxious to get going. The best to you!
sounds familiar - tired
[ In Reply To ..]
Same thing happened to me. All my good accounts went to the Phillipines. Now I have 4 hours worth of work a day, if that. Also looking for another job, no luck yet.
I lasted 2 weeks - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I also have 25+ years in this business. It took weeks after being hired for anyone to respond to my emails, and the training was extremely unorganized, IMO. I was told I would be paid for training, turns out I wasn't. One of the worst experiences of my life!
Training pay - Paid for training
[ In Reply To ..]
I was paid for training. You have to keep track of the hours you are training, and when you go through the "Webclock" training, you have to go in and manually enter your training hours. They explain that very clearly during the training for "Webclock", and if you failed to pick up on that, that is your fault, no Nuance's.
Training pay - Paid for training response - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps you didn't read my message carefully and CLEARLY. As I said, I've been in this business for 25+ years, so I am quite capable of being trained and understanding things VERY clearly. For your information, I did PICK UP ON THAT during Webclock training, I DID manually enter my training hours and they STILL DID NOT PAY ME!!!

Similar Messages:

Newly Hired MT
Aug 31, 2010

Hello, I am new to the forum and recently hired as an at-home MT. It has been a year since I completed college MT courses at a tech center. The employer, saw my resume online. I have a p/t job that I've had for 2 years in addition to the MT job. Both jobs, are flex in hours, although the MT employer would like full-time. It pays 8 cents for every 60 characters. I would really love to drop the p/t job because it miserable in many ways. Can someone break the pay down in other terms? W ...

Newly Hired
Oct 04, 2012

I have accepted a position with Nuance and would like some helpful info.  Will be working on BeyondTXT, which I have no experience with, and would appreciate any helpful hints regarding this platform.  Also, I have no experience with expansion programs.  Apparently I need to purchase one and unsure which is best.  Thank you all in advance! ...

Any Newly Hired QCE Actually Know How The Incentive
Aug 12, 2013

a ploy to get us to accept a positions.  Has anyone actually earned any incentive.  I was told it was forthcoming but I'm coming up on my 2nd payperiod and there is no mention of incentive pay on my paystubs.  What gives?   ...

Same Boat Here. Newly Hired. Questions And No
Oct 03, 2012

stayed put in my prior company to experience this.   My training experience was not a great one to begin with so I probably should have expected this.  I sent out my resume and luckily have already received a couple of nibbles.  I figure at this rate with no email replies, when I email my resignation nobody will even notice (or probably care).  ...

SoftScript Newly Hired Employees For The Past 3 Months
Nov 01, 2012

Hiring process, training/training pay? Ease of use of platform, ease of obtaining line counts, pay, paydates, benefits, insurance premiums, time off, etc. TIA ...

Just Got Hired By Nuance
Sep 28, 2012

After 8 years as an IC, I am FINALLY going to get some PTO and much-needed insurance!  Yes, I AM super excited about working for Nuance!!!  The recruiter that interviewed me was AMAZING!!!  It is a big change for me, but I believe it is going to be a good one :) ...

Who Has Recently Been Hired By Nuance?
Mar 26, 2012

I would like to know who was just recently hired and how was your experience?   I for one have been hired and am not able to start until my computer meets their requirements.  So I had to put in more memory and also bring my Microsoft Word up-to-date -- 2007.  Just hope this was worth the expense.  For some reason, I have a bad feeling about the job itself.   Hopefully my fears are wrong.  Let me know what you think.   ...

Geez, Got A Job At Nuance 2 Weeks Ago...
May 05, 2011

I am still waiting to do the training on the acct specifics.  I am also disappointed with the lack of communication with the team lead.  I have yet to receive an email.  I just need to get working.  I didn't get a job to sit here.  ...

Does Nuance Pay Twice A Month Or Every 2 Weeks?
May 12, 2012

Way To Go Nuance! After 2 Weeks Of OOW, Most Days, 0 Net Pay
Jan 11, 2014

xx ...

Nuance 2 Weeks Notice?
Feb 01, 2015

Hello. I found employment outside of Nuance (and outside of my home). I like my supervisor and want to give her 2-weeks notice but I'm concerned that I will get fired on the spot or lose my PTO. Has anyone given 2-weeks notice and left on a positive note?  ...

When Do W2 Forms Go Out? I Worked At Nuance For 6 Weeks Last
Jan 16, 2014

I can only hope it's mailed and I don't have to go into one of their outsourced confusing websites. Thanks. ...

Tech Support From Nuance In The Last Couple Of Weeks?
May 31, 2014

Has anyone had computer problems after having tech support from Nuance in the last couple of weeks?  I am having MAJOR ISSUES. ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

Just "hired?" By Nuance...sooo....
May 22, 2012

Ok...so, I applied, tested, etc for Nuance and they made me an offer.  However, since that time I've waited 2 weeks for training to begin only to be delayed by the system going down yesterday.  Now it looks as if training will be rescheduled for July?  Really?...Recruiter said she would check with her boss because "this just isn't fair" and "I'll call you right back."  That was 2-1/2 hours ago.  No call back.  So...I've started receiving email up ...

Newly-Graduated MT
May 27, 2010

I'm a newly-graduated MT - I just graduated 4 weeks ago. I'm feeling really nervous, reading all the postings here, because it sounds like I chose the wrong field to go into. And I had to spend my IRA funds for these classes, too! I went through a 1-year certificate program (it actually took me two years to finish because of the way classes were scheduled). I feel it was thorough education - anatomy/physiology, pharmacology, lab/diagnostic tests, human diseases, medical terminology, ph ...

Newly Graduated MT..and Scared
May 04, 2011

So the second week of April I got my graduation certificate in the mail from At-Home Profession's Medical Transcription Program. I am excited, I am ready for some MT work. I have been applying to places online and have sent out introduction letters to 20 different clinics and doctors offices with my information and business cards. Most places that are looking for MT's on this website require at least 1 year of experience and I can understand that. I am a newbie and no one likes to carr ...

Where Can I Go To Find A JOB As A Newly Graduated MT??????
Apr 02, 2014

I just graduated the MT and Editor program through Everett Community College. Where can I go to find a JOB????? Any suggestions???? Thanks! ...

Newly Graduated, Again Is There A Company That Hires New MTs
Jul 11, 2010

From this board, one would assume that there are quite a few graduates out there looking for jobs. I find myself in this uneviable position. Are there companies who hire new grads? I am beginnning to believe that are none.   ...

Average Lph Count For Newly Graduated Mt?
Sep 16, 2012

What is an average Lph count for newly graduated mts?   ...

Frustrating Job Search As A Newly Credentialed CPC-H
Apr 23, 2013

I became credentialed as a CPC-H in September of 2012 after completing AAPC's CPC-H training course.  I have been searching for employment since then and completing CEUs as I search, such as AAPC's ICD-10 anatomy and pathophysiology training which provides for 14 CEUs.  I just had an interview for an ambulatory coder job listed by a major healthcare center in Seattle who is putting me in the inexperienced file as a newly credentialed CPC-H with 20 years' experience as a ...

Newly Graduated. Searching For Companies
May 14, 2013

I recently graduated MT school from Career Step and I'm in the process of looking up companies that would be good to apply for. I have a small list of potential companies but I would rather not apply without any feedback on the company first. I'd rather not be offered a job and take it not knowing anything about them. If you know anything (good or bad) about the following companies I would greatly appreciate your input! MedScribe TriStar RI Transcription Quality Transcripti ...

My Idea. Give All The Newly Acquired Accounts To The Indians To Muddle
May 07, 2015

....worked into reasonable enough shape, ship it to us to keep the clients happy and maybe make money for a change. Just the opposite of what is occurring now where we are the ones doing all the heavy lifting, all the time losing jobs when those clients' work types are shipped to India. How about it, Nuance?  ...

Will I Get Hired?
Sep 06, 2010

I have a question for all MedQuist MTs . . . I called them and was told that I qualified and passed MedQuist's test. That was about a week ago. I was told that I am still being "considered" and "reviewed." One recruiter told me that it would just be a matter of time before they could get through all of the paperwork. Another recruiter simply told me my file was still being "reviewed." What does this mean? Does MedQuist always offer jobs to those that pass their testing? Or is it possible t ...

Just Got Hired!
Sep 27, 2011

I am told that I just got hired by Nuance.  Am interested in what people have to say about the company.  I have read that the first part of this month, they were running out of work.  If so, do they really need me? Also, am interested in insurance costs?  Some straight answers would be most appreciated. Thanks, Charlie ...

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Get Hired On With
Nov 14, 2011

Accentus.  They loaded some absolutely AWFUL software that has ruined my PC.  THEY will be getting a bill from me ...

Does Anyone Ever Get Hired....?
May 30, 2012

Does anyone ever get hired from these companies who are continually posting help wanted ads?!?!?  I have applied to at least 15 companies posting ads for help only to sit here waiting for at least 5 weeks, so far, for an answer to any for which I applied!  I have been a medical transcriptionist for over 20 years as well as a QA worker for over 5 years.  My resume is on par with what I consider to be some of the best, yet I never receive an answer to my applications.  I realiz ...

Too Old To Get Hired?
Jul 26, 2013

Should I stop saying I have 31 years of experience as a transcriptionist? I try not to date myself by putting dates on my resume, like when I graduated. I am 61 and will be 62 next June. I have not worked since March, but I made so little money that I get way less than 200 dollars a week from unemployment! I have applied everywhere, outside the house and inside. I have attended resume counseling at the career center, nobody is interested in helping me pay for any schooling, they change the s ...

If We Were Hired In At 98%
Apr 27, 2014

We should be grandfathered in at that rate.  Any new hire could be hired at this 99.7% bull hockey.  My vent for the day... ...

Hired Or Not
Apr 30, 2014

Why would a company tell you that they are sending you the contract, account specs, etc and then the next thing, you get an email stating that they are still reviewing resumes?  In my own stupidity I turned down a job thinking I had this one and now this.  ...