A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking for information on Gulf Coast Transcription in Florida please ... sm - anon

Posted: Apr 16, 2010

Have reviewed the information in the archives but was hoping to find someone that works for them currently or has recently worked for them.  Any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

I tried to apply yesterday on their website but something was wrong with it. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't know anything about them other than what their website states. Thought it might be worth a try.

Similar Messages:

Gulf Coast Transcription, Florida
Aug 12, 2013

Do they still even have any accounts, are they hiring, what's the current pay rate there, straight typing or VR?    Any info is welcome.  Thanks. ...

Looking For Up To Date Information On Gulf Coast Transcription.
Feb 20, 2011

Like or dislike,  why?   Any specifics about the company itself;  accounts, platform, pay, etc, etc.     Thanks much. ...

Gulf Coast Transcription Of FL
Apr 30, 2012

Looking for any info on Gulf Coast Transcription of FL as I am seeking a new home. I am currently working and have time to explore options before jumping ship. ...

Gulf Coast Transcription
Sep 03, 2013

tried to apply but it gives me a weird message.  ...

Anything New On Gulf Coast Transcription?-nm
Sep 13, 2013

nm ...

Gulf Coast Transcription MTs
Jan 30, 2014

Any other GCT MTs on MT Stars at the moment?  I can't get in to Chartscript.Net tonight.  I get this message:  Unable to open this internet shortcut.  The protocol https does not have a registered program.  Anyone else experiencing this oddity? ...

Very Worried About Gulf Coast Transcription
Jul 06, 2013

They have terminated some office/administrative people and now have eliminated weekend incentives and given pay CUTS to transcriptionists.  Work is nearly non-existent.  At the beginning of the summer they said it was a temporary slow down and would pick up shortly.  Instead it seems to be getting worse.  Anyone know anything?? I really really like this company and hate to see this happening. ...

Gulf Coast Transcription (GCT). Question...
Aug 19, 2013

Someone asked about them and I am bringing it back up to the top.  One person said it all now VR, another said they saw their only account in the "Nuance pool."  I don't get it.  First of all, what is a Nuance Pool?  I work for them and although work has slowed down, if Nuance was now contracting, wouldn't the work be completely gone?  Also as for all VR, it's about half and half.  We are hoping the summer slow down will end soon and work will pick up ...

Gulf Coast Transcription - Nearing The End?
Dec 19, 2013

It appears that Gulf Coast has either severely cut the hours, or laid off most of their IC transcriptionists.  I was laid off.  This was a nice company to work for, and I would really feel bad for them, but they told us things that just weren't true since last summer when they started losing work.  Plus they appeared to deny the rumors on this website back in September.  Then we got a really nasty email from the main supervisor a couple months ago all about how they were ...

Does Anyone Still Work For GCT, Gulf Coast Transcription?
Jan 09, 2014

A friend was laid off recently from them, but then another friend advised me to apply and that work would pick up after the holidays.  Any idea what's going on? ...

Gulf Coast Transcription What Is Happening
Dec 28, 2014

Could a current employee tell me what is happening with this company?  Work dwindled to nothing and there was talk of acquiring new accounts, but I had to jump ship before that happened.  This was a wonderful place to work and I am just wishing and dreaming.  Have they picked up any new accounts and are they still in business?  Thank you.   ...

Anyone Having Trouble Submitting App To Gulf Coast Transcription?
Apr 20, 2010

I keep getting server error, something about it not liking my sender address.  Well, I've used 2 different addresses with different servers and both don't work. ...

Any Current Info On Gulf Coast Transcription Out Of...sm
Nov 22, 2011

Fort Myers, FL.  I know there is info in the archives, but I have not seen anything recently.  I really need an honest answer in regard to pay scale and flexibility with scheduling.  Any help appreciated!! TIA ...

Gulf Coast
Mar 25, 2010

Has anyone tested with them? Here's their testing process if you're interested......it's a hoot! I got a Word document which asked me to supply the correct spellings. The auto-correct feature already did this for me when I opened the document, so that was a no-brainer. There were questions in which I had to choose the correct way to word a paragraph, etc. There was one that was especially troubling to me, it required me to choose the correct paragraph and it listed several ...

Any Information On JLG Transcription Out Of Florida? Nm
Jan 12, 2010

n, ...

Is Gulf Coast In Business Any More?
Mar 09, 2014

n/m ...

Does Anyone Still Work For GCT? Gulf Coast?
Aug 26, 2014

Just curious if they are still open? ...

Has Anyone Heard Back From Gulf Coast Yet?
Oct 06, 2011

I was wondering if anyone who had recently applied to Gulf Coast Transcription had heard back yet.  I see they have a new ad on another job site.  I applied last week but haven't heard anything yet.  I got error message when I submitted my application, but the site said not to worry about it.  Anyway, just getting anxious.  Thanks! ...

Gulf Coast GCT, This Is My First Year Working There And
Jun 04, 2013

have heard it gets slow during the summer, particularly July-August, but this slow?  I love it there, I really really do.  I read, below, about people who said just get used to the slow down and I am trying, but I am not evening making minimum.   It all seemed to happen after the computers were switched over or whatever it was mid-May with lots of work and now barely any.  I need reassurance that it always is this slow and will pick up in the autumn.  In the meanti ...

Has Anyone Applied To The Gulf Coast Ad From A Couple Of Weeks Ago? Sm
Dec 04, 2012

How is the platform?  What is the pay range?  How flexible are the hours?  TIA ...

Medscribe Florida - Any New Information
Oct 22, 2014

Last couple of posts that came up there were no responses to.  Makes me wonder if it is one of those companies that don't encourage their employees to speak freely. I see they have had some ads recently and would like more current information. I know no company fits everybody, but would like to hear there are some happy campers there before I apply.     ...

Gulft Coast Transcription Anyone?
Mar 10, 2010

Oops! i posted on main board, so I'll repost here.  Good company to work for? How much ESL?  Any info appreciated. ...

C And C Transcription In Florida
Sep 08, 2014

I was going to test with them, but first you are directed to download an .exe file which they say is a self-extracting zip file to install an audio driver. If I double left click on it, it pops up a box asking me to log in to a secure FTP site with a user name and password. If I right click and "save target as", it just says that it cannot download the file. Does anybody know if this means they aren't accepting new applicants, or is there some other reason I don't know about? ...

Transcription South In Florida
Apr 25, 2012

I have done a search and really no recent information on this company..am thinking about applying with them - anyone have any information good/bad/indifferent they can offer, it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance! ...

Medical Transcription Of Northern Florida
Oct 30, 2009

Any info on Medical Transcription of Northern Florida?  Thanks for any help! ...

Expert Medical Transcription From Florida
May 12, 2010

Has anybody ever heard of this company?  It's a small, family-owned business from Florida. Any info would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks ...

Thomas Transcription In Florida - Feedback?
Aug 25, 2010

I know they are located in Florida, but how is the lady to work for? ...

Updated Info On Transcription South In Clearwater, Florida?
Sep 18, 2012

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any new and updated info on Transcription South, Inc. in Clearwater, Florida. I was doing a little research before I interview with them. Anyone worked with them before? ...

Any Information On Transcription Solutions?
Apr 06, 2010

Specifically their VR platform.  Is pay on time/accurate?  How are they to work for?  Are you micromanaged?   Thanks! ...

Skilled Transcription- Any New Information
Apr 07, 2010

Anyone have any current information on this company? Thanks in advance ...