A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Keystrokes ad asking that employees provide their own computer - Bob

Posted: Dec 17, 2013

I noticed the Keystrokes ad asking that employees provide their own computer. Are there any instances where they would provide the computer for the employee?

All depends. They don't advertise that they do...but. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
The least they can shell out, you know the better they are. Remember it is not about you. Knew some they provided the I-phone for, but they don't like that information to be readily available if at all possible. Some then too they will charge you on your paycheck.

Keystrokes - C-phone

[ In Reply To ..]
When I applied at Keystrokes last year, they required the MT to have a C-Phone. Yeah right, something so outdated and if you can buy one, very expensive. I met all the qualifications, but when I told them I did not have a C-Phone, that was that. Not one word back from them about supplying one to me or renting one to me. I took the time for the testing and everything, to no avail. Be sure, you know all the facts before you waste your time applying and testing with this company. I just applied at Acusis and rec'd a reply to do a 2 hour test. I told them, I would not spend 2 hours taking a test without any knowledge of what they offer. Turn it around on them. If they want good qualified MT's then they better change their tactics; bad economy or not. They have gotten the upper hand and we have all taken it. I will stop being an MT when I can't have a decent job any longer.

C-phone - KSMT

[ In Reply To ..]
When I started with Keystrokes 2 years ago, they provided the C-phone for me on a loaner. They didn't charge for it, but when I went to a different account, I returned the C-phone. They have been very helpful with me. I can say I am very happy with Keystrokes. (and no ... I am NOT a suit).
Keystrokes - C-phone - Bob
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your response about the C-phone. That was a concern of mine. Didn't know if they would supply C-phone and computer. I was thinking about applying there but was a bit hesitant with all the bashing, and getting into trouble ..... that is being said. Nice to hear the positives.
You can purchase a DAC phone - ExKS
[ In Reply To ..]
unit on ebay or amazon. Bytescribe.com has them too. They're a lot cheaper than C-phones and work just as well. DA-127D or DA-128 are the model numbers.
Keystrokes - C-Phone - Bob
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate this information. Will definitely look into this. Thanks!!
I forgot to mention - ExKS
[ In Reply To ..]
I have bought every one of DA units used, all for less than $200. The biggest expense is unlimited long distance. With ATT, I had to get a small business plan ($82/month) because the residential "unlimited" is limited to 5000 minutes per month.
I don't usually post because I'm happy but want to this time. sm - KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Keystrokes for close to 10 years. There have been ups and downs, but mostly ups. The owner is fair and easy to contact and really seems to care. She's actually really nice to talk to. Most of the managers are also nice, but I do not know 2 of them, just their names. For the C-phone question, ask them. I know that they lend them out if they have them available. My account uses a C-phone, and I have Comcast for unlimited long distance. The account has been around for the last 8 years, and I have been on it since the beginning. Once you get it, it's a great account, and always has work. Unfortunately, there has been a lot of turnover the account through the years. It's not a super easy account but it is the same MD's over and over again, and you can build a lot of expanders. I average 2200 lines a day in 8 hours. Some days are higher, some are lower, but that is my average. There is OT offered at times, but I have 3 kids, and while I help when I can, it's not always. Hope this helps!
Keystrokes line definition - looking for work
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for this info. Their most recent ad, though, states they pay 65 character line excluding spaces. This is new compared to their past ads. Can you comment on this? TIA!!
That is for one specific new account. I asked. Most of their accounts pay for spaces, but they let - KSMT
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
want to finish that thought there? - exKSmonkey
[ In Reply To ..]
//

Similar Messages:

Are There Any Companies Left That Still Provide A Company Computer For Employees? Sm
Oct 07, 2012

I'm just talking about employees here, not ICs.  It amazes me that as a company employee, we would not be provided the most important tool we need to work with all set up to company specs, loaded with company s/w.  If we worked on site, would we be expected to bring in our own computers?  I don't think so. Thanks. ...

MT Companies That Provide Computer
May 17, 2010

hello: just wondering if anyone can tell me what companies provide computers?  i worked for medigrafix and medquist before.. have been thinking about getting back into transcription but now.. i have to use a company provided computer. thanks for the info. ...

What Companies Provide Computer?
Aug 10, 2011

I am thinking about getting back into medical transcription and wondered if there are any companies that provide a computer. I am not interesting in MQ. I don't think there is much job security there anymore, especially since the CEO made that pretty clear in his recent article. ...

Transcend....do They Provide Computer?
Feb 02, 2012

I saw their recent ad, just wondering if they provide a computer if you work as an IC.  TIA ...

Does M Modal Still Provide Your Computer ...
Apr 26, 2012

It doesn't say in the ad.  I know they used to, just curious.  I have my own computer to use, but wondering if they still send their own to you.  ...

Do Most Companies Provide A Computer Or
Aug 18, 2013

do you have to have one already? Thanks in advance ...

Anyone Know Of National Companies That Provide Computer? Sm
Mar 04, 2012

I am facing layoff at the end of March and looking for at home work, but do not have and cannot afford a computer.... ...

Does Transtech Provide Computer/equip? Nm
May 14, 2012

nm ...

Are There Any Companies That Provide Computer Equipment? Tired Of Nuance
Jan 31, 2014

xx ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

Keystrokes - Current Employees
Dec 30, 2012

Has anyone received their "follow-up call" yet to the survey the employees were asked to fill out over four months ago now?  We were again assured about a month ago that this would be made a top priority.    Also, is anyone else typing on a radiology account right now at the $1/report rate?  Just curious if anyone would be willing to share on average how many reports they are typing in a pay period at this rate. ...

Current Keystrokes Employees
Oct 01, 2014

Keystrokes had an ad on 9/25 and was wondering how they are to work for.  The recent posts are talking about not getting paid on time, etc.  Any feedback would be very much appreciated.  Any happy MTs working for this company? Account is straight typing for pediatric hospital.  What is pay for straight typing and do they pay for spaces?  Also any comments on benefits.  Thank you very much. ...

Keystrokes--computer
Feb 15, 2010

Do you have to have a work only computer for Keystrokes or can you use your personal everday computer? Thanks1 ...

Keystrokes - I Would Like To Hear From Current Employees Please
Mar 02, 2015

New jobs posted today. I would appreciate any information. Thanks! ...

Keystrokes Computer Requirements
Jun 20, 2010

Is the Keystrokes platform compatible with Windows 7?  If so, can I override Vista with Windows 7? ...

Keystrokes Recent Employees - Past And Current
Mar 29, 2011

If anyone who recently worked for Keystrokes or still works for them who worked overtime without getting paid for it, please let me know. Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Know If Keystrokes Hires Part-time Employees? Nm
May 04, 2012

nm ...

Any Current Employees At Keystrokes Care To Comment
Oct 24, 2012

Any current employees at Keystrokes care to comment on how things are there these days?  ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

Webmedx - Company Computer Versus Own Computer?
Feb 04, 2010

I read that Medmedx supplies computers but you can only have Cable or DSL connection.   I live in an area where I cannot get cable or DSL.  I have a wireless connection.   My question is, do they allow you to use our own computers?   Thanks for your time and have a great day? ...

Own Personal Computer Versus MQ Supplied Computer?
Jul 18, 2011

The reason I ask this question is for my internet I have a USB modem.  Do the computers supplied by Q have any extra USB ports so I can plug my Verizon in there? Thanks! ...

Change From Company-provided Computer To Own Computer
Aug 04, 2011

I am in the process of transitioning jobs and will be going from a company-provided computer to my own.  Any suggestions on what software programs are needed, virus protection, word expanders, line counting, and hardware like foot pedal?  The hospital I am looking into will be using Microsoft Word.  Any comments on whether this is a good program or not to transcribe on?  Any tips?  I have been with the same company for 15 years, so have been out of the loop and need ...

Can Anyone Provide Any Insight Here?
Feb 12, 2010

If my account is not located in the mid Atlantic and has had no recent bad weather, why is it so low on work?  If I'm paranoid, please correct me, but what effect could the weather in another area have on my account? ...

Which Companies Provide Computers?
Nov 17, 2009

Does anyone know what companies provide computers?  Thanks so much. ...

Can Someone Provide Me With Ventilator Settings? I Mean,
Feb 17, 2010

when doctors give settings for ventilators, FIO2, PEEP and so on.  If someone can provide me a simple list, I would appreciate it.  This isn't for a test and, sadly, I'm not a newbie.  I haven't done these type of reports in a while and my brain seems frozen over.  If anyone can grasp what I'm trying to say and could provide some simple answers, I would really appreciate it.    Thank you. ...

Does Transcend Provide Equipment?
May 17, 2010

Looking for PT work and my personal computer is a laptop with Vista.  Not too many companies allowing that.   TIA ...

Lol...ad To Become An MT Instructor And They Will Provide You With A MT Education
Jun 24, 2010

Transcription Instructor and Will Train (Denver areas) Date: 2010-06-24, 9:43AM MDT Reply to: job-jeudz-1808559848@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Part time instructor position Med Workshops' Medical Transcription School wishes to hire an Online Instructor. Great opportunity for the right person to work from home in the healthcare and education fields. We may also provide a free education in Medical Transcription to the employee. About Med Workshops Med Workshops ...

Transcription Companies Who Provide PC
Aug 25, 2011

Hey, anyone out there know of any work-from-home transcription companies that provide you with PC?   THANKS!! ...

Please Provide Information On Accentus.
Feb 26, 2012

plotting my escape from M*Modal.  I  was kind of surprised the practicum was all proofreading.  Is that all they have?  How is pay?  Platform easy?  Have 401K match?  Lots of work on weekends?  Any and all reviews appreciated, even bad.  Thanks!   ...

Does M*Modal Provide Computers?
Jul 20, 2012

nm ...