A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just love taking on a new job that has no - work

Posted: Feb 02, 2015

I just don't get it.

Same old story - different day is all - sickofit2

[ In Reply To ..]
Don't even waste your time trying to get it. They don't care if you have work. You are assurance in the event they might get some work, they have coverage. They want people on stand-by at all times. It is okay for them to keep you waiting, but for sure don't keep them waiting ever. The whole industry is really for those who don't really care if they make money or not. If you need income, find a job besides MT. Don't waste anymore time on it.

Who are you working for? - jabi

[ In Reply To ..]
This helps others contemplating working for your company too. Thx

Keystrokes - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
That is nothing new! - Same old story.
[ In Reply To ..]
I was recruited for new account, said it was going to VM in a year - then after 2 weeks it went to VM and then no work. This after I quit my job for "something better".

Don't you just love certain hiring practices?
yeah this is ridiculous to say the least - nm
[ In Reply To ..]

New Job - No Work

[ In Reply To ..]
That has happened to me as well. I have applied and tested and been accepted, jumped through hoops to learn the account and then one of two things have happened. They either over hire and there is no work or it is a temporary account they have taken on, over flow for some other company or some office/clinic/hospital making a transition and you work like crazy and then it is gone, with no explanation. What is it with transcription that we have to put up with this kind of treatment? I am seriously on my last MT job. When this one goes, I am done, I don't have the energy to ever try again.

Similar Messages:

I Would Love Some Test-taking Tips.
Mar 27, 2014

I haven't had to test for many years and am out of the loop. I am aware a lot of places have initial grammar, punctuation, and anatomy tests before ever being given a transcription test. I am wondering about the transcription test portion. How do you know when to add a heading or just transcribe verbatim? If an incorrect heading was dictated,do you change the heading to the correct heading or just leave a blank in that space? Are you able to leave notes as to why you changed these things or ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

ARRRGGGGGHH! I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators. I Love Resident Dictators.
Jun 19, 2010

A new ESL dictating a DS. Can't speed him up because he's too "new" (to this country?). He is spelling every other word!!!!!! AND then spells it again - extubated, e-x-t-u-b-a-t-e-d, extubated e for elephant, x for crosses, t for tom, u for umbrella, b for .......... get the picture (sigh)? On top of that, the report is 28 minutes long!!! Should never have gotten out of bed this morning. LOL I do feel bad for him that he doesn't realize he doesn't have to spell every other ...

Why Are We Taking This?
Jun 18, 2012

What the heck is going on here? We're being bought out and paid less than the people cleaning the toilets at the "corportate" offices of the big-three companies. We're scraping by to make one-third of what we used to make. Why? Do you actually believe these companies are charging the hospitals less? We're the only ones getting paid less, and less, and less. The hospitals are getting crappy reports, something they're told can't be helped; there's no other alternat ...

Could They Be Taking Even More Pay
Mar 07, 2014

I checked my pay stubs and, granted, I still was getting production bonus 5-6 months ago, but my pay has decreased so much, like $400-500. Sometimes I wonder what all those "delays" with "uploading the lines" are. Honestly, this company has made me literally into a minimum wage worker. Thanks a lot, Nuance, you will soon get your wish and I will have to subsidize my income with food stamps at this rate. I guess that is your objective, more profits for you, spread the poverty so our taxes are ma ...

Wow. I Was Taking A Peek Over Here
Mar 10, 2010

to see what Medquist was looking like.  Looks just about like Spheris to me, possibly a little worse.  Can anyone say what they are paying per line ASR and regular transcription for a mid-level account?  Clinic account?  Not sure it is worth the bother to stick around for this change. ...

Taking More Than 1 Offer
Mar 15, 2010

I have 2 job offers from 2 different companies, but both of these companies are fairly large and have multiple posts with complaints that there is just not enough work for everyone. Would it be possible to take both offers, on the chance that if one doesn't have work the other will? I might be kinda screwed if they both have a lot of work, but it might be worth it to see how both will work out without closing any doors. Has anyone done this before? Is it possible to run 2 companies differen ...

Taking A Poll
Sep 01, 2010

If you get NJA on a very regular basis, reply with what state you are in.  Apparently, some states require pay for downtime, CA I believe being one of them.  I'm not sure of the other states.  Obviously, work can be routed to or away from us at will, and I have a feeling they are choosing MTs from the states that mandate downtime pay over states that don't. ...

Has Anyone Taking The AAPC Course?
Jan 05, 2011

I cannot afford the money to go to a college, so I was wondering how good the AAPC course is.  HAs anyone taken it?  What did you think? ...

Taking The Plunge
Feb 20, 2011

After having been an MT for over half of my life and constantly reading these forums and realizing the shortcomings we are all facing in this industry, I'm taking the plunge. Yesterday my husband and I bought 2 domain names, ordered 500 business cards, my husband is researching MT salaries nationwide, and we're going to start our own MTSO.  An MTSO run by HUMAN BEINGS for HUMAN BEINGS.  A small one, we're looking at probably 20 or less ICs to ensure ample work for every ...

Hey Everyone! I Am Currently Taking A Health
Oct 04, 2011

My teacher IS a lawyer.  Any questions I should ask him??? Just read the post below about the old grandfathered.  I am a grandfathered employee, but what is "new" grandfathered employee.  I had ONE interview back in 1990 and here I am today.  Been bought, merged, and aquired with name changes to finally, Medquist and soon, we will probably getting a new name again after all the acquisitions.  It seems our company is probably run by a lot of lawyers who know how to handle ...

Thank You Moderators For Taking My
Jul 24, 2012

suggestion and putting it to use.  I can only hope these places will realize what we are disliking!! ...

Taking The Plunge.
Nov 03, 2012

I've decided I will go through Andrews school for coding. All that I have to do now is wait until Monday to sign up and enroll. I am so excited!! I was wondering if anyone who has gone though or is currently in the coding course through Andrews could give me some advice. I am currently a medical transcriptionist,so I have medical language behind me...but that is about all. Any study tips or anything else for that matter would be well appreciated. Thanks. ...

Okay, Taking A Little Poll
Dec 05, 2012

Some have been trying for over 7 years to change things and things haven't changed. Okay.  Those of you who are quite certain you want to try to change things, how long have you been doing it?  And how much longer are you going to do it? I guess we who have been speaking up for 7 years have been doing it all wrong? ...

Just An FYI To Everyone About The New Taking Time Off
Dec 03, 2013

without pay we were given (13 days). If you use this for NJA you will forfeit an entire day of the time off without pay, even if it's just 1 hour. The days off are not hourly. They are daily, so if you had 1 hour left in your shift and had NJA and took the time off without pay, 1 entire day of your time off without pay would be used. Looks like MM screwed us again. ...

Think About This Before Taking MM Coding
Mar 12, 2014

If you think the offer from MMoral to become a coder sounds good, think again. If you start the program and don't finish, you have to pay MM for the full cost of training, and no mention was made of how much that is. If you decide to leave MM for a coding job elsewhere, you probably won't even be considered for a job with decent pay because you didn't train through AHIMA and you will have to pay MM for your worthless training if you leave before 2 years. Lastly, if Obamacare ends ...

PTO/Taking Days Off
Apr 03, 2014

Has anyone read the rule book here? I tried to once but couldnt read through my tears! I believe I was told we can't take days off unless we have the PTO to cover it? This is going to be a problem. I have some important days coming up for my 18 year old daughter with autism, a meeting at school and an awards ceremony and some other things. This would use up the measly PTO hours I have and I would have nothing left to take days off this summer, like my birthday. Does anyone else take da ...

Taking Bets On OTI
Sep 02, 2014

How many wanna bet the important call is to tell us they have sold out? ...

Taking Pay Off For Errors.
Mar 02, 2015

..so is taking pay off for errors the norm or just the screwy company I work for.  :P ...

* Imedx Also Let's Us Know Who Is Taking Day Off
Apr 08, 2015

Okay, we know we cannot change our personal information that is public on Office365. Simply double click on the image area of any contact and presto, home address, etc.  Try to change your own and be instantly denied.  But do you know for months that you can go into Exponent, go to Time Reporting, then Additional Options, and click on "View Other Employee Leave" ?? Cute, I have seen this list of full names go from 60 to 31 in a few weeks, not to mention why do we have access to these ...

It's Taking Me 12-16 Hours/day To Get In 8!
Apr 17, 2015

This means I'm sitting at my desk for 60-80 hours/week waiting for work. Is this happening to anyone else? Is this the new norm?  ...

WHO SAYS QC IS NOT TAKING REPORTS FROM MT?
Jun 01, 2015

Two QC are taking my reports and typing them. ...

Taking Business From India
Nov 23, 2009

Went to another site and there are tons of positions with other companies in India.  Has anyone thought about turning the tables and working for them?  Just curious.  I mean, its still basically our work.  ...

Taking A Poll: What Would You Do If MQ Decides To
Dec 17, 2009

What would you (if you are MT/ME) if MQ decides to make us all MMEs?  I read a post previously that hinted at this. ...

Test Taking Question
Jan 29, 2010

Hi.. So I just received an email that I need to take a test in order to get my first job. They are telling me to use my FTP program to log on to the IP address.. I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this. I have filezilla and also express scribe. Are these the correct programs I should use? Where do I go on there to type in the IP address? Thank you.. Misty3720 ...

Medquist Taking Over Spheris
Mar 29, 2010

I was just wondering what the Medquist MTs think about Medquist possibly taking over Spheris, whether good, bad or indifferent. ...

Thought On Taking $0.03 Per Line Off On
Apr 12, 2010

Don't they still have to pay minimum wage?  They can take away that $0.03 per line if we over submit to QA, but don't they still have to pay minimum wage? ...

Thoughts On Taking CMT Right After Finishing RMT?
Apr 16, 2010

Just wanted to hear from some of you more seasoned MTs out there...I am scheduled to sit for the RMT exam on Monday, 4/19 and have been preparing for this since mid-January by taking a review course via M-TEC.  Several folks have advised me that rather than waiting the typical 2 years, I should consider studying to take the CMT exam immediately after passing the RMT.  My book skills are good, and I graduated from M-TEC with a fairly high GPA.  I have only been working for 2 months ...

Taking A Poll? How Much Time Per Day
May 23, 2010

do you spend doing required work that you don't get paid for?  For instance: "Simply" punching in for the day, then punching out, in and out again if you take a break or have a split shift on our zippy and oh-so-easy-to navigate ScheduleSource. Keeping an expanded paper file (fills up my desk) of all the client profiles we have to know like the back of our hand (so far 43 for me in the last 18 months). Checking our turbo-charged Medquist mail system just to read the mail let alone a ...

My Reward For Taking PTO On A Sunday
Aug 09, 2010

I have never run into NJA on a Monday morning.  I had the hardest time getting the day off yesterday. (I have 3 weeks of accrued PTO which I have to take before December.)  My CCM didn't respond for nearly a month.  When I started reminding her every day for a response, she responded saying if I get the day off, I have to work a Friday.  To make it up?  She says she has a hard time staffing Sundays.  Well I have a HARDER TIME SACRIFICING THEM FOR THE LAST 9 YEA ...