A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is there anyone working for OTI who is happy? - Just curious....... sm

Posted: Feb 28, 2011

I have seen so many unhappy/unsatisfied comments on here about Oracle. I just wonder how they stay in business if there are so many dissatisfied people working or them.

who is happy at OTI - OTItititi

[ In Reply To ..]
how do they stay in business? They just keep hiring on new people. Bottom line, they do NOT care about MTs. I stay to try to pay my bills, which is impossible with the work I get from them...I have to supplement by other means

Satisfied for now - Relieved

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been able to hit my stride and log good line counts after only a couple of weeks. Yes, work did run out but a minute and a click later, more reports would be coming in. I can see how this would be frustrating to MTs who are trying to transcribe on a schedule. I often have a lot of flexibility and am able to log on at different times to get the numbers I'm used to getting.

The lack of communication/ignored emails issue is true and I can see how that can be frustrating. I'm adopting a "take the work as it comes" attitude and typing what's there. If I volunteer for something and get no response, so be it. I'm part time so I can take it in stride; again, I can see how this can be frustrating, especially for people who are asking for and need to have other work types funneled their way because their main work type has run out. Given the harass-by-email environment I came from though, I can deal with - and I even welcome - the bird-chirp quietness from OTI management.

No problems for me - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
Love not being bothered and am busy the majority of the time. When I'm not, I will email about work and get a response back about what's going on. Been there since October and really can't complain about anything, QA is helpful and not punitive, and the Bayscribe platform makes things that much easier. :)

Sure - OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
Granted, I'm new but when the large account for which I was hired began to run low on work, I let my supervisor know and she immediately lined me up with a backup account that has a decent amount of work and I've also expressed interest in a couple of other areas I'd like to be trained in as well (I'm a 20-plus year MT but this is one of the few clinics with which I have no experience and would love to learn).

I've found them to be professional, responsive, courteous and efficient so far. I realize this could change (and I've taken the other OTI posters' warnings to heart) at any given moment but for the moment I can say without reservation that the position is everything I had hoped it would be.

And I'll bet that backup account starts with an R. Am I right? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
d

Yes...Is that the backup everyone is assigned to? - NewOTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
x
No, but it's one of the accounts I am on that they said they weren't goint - to add anyone to.
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Is Anyone Happy Working For Nuance? What About Mmodal? And Why?
Sep 21, 2013

i, too, like a couple others on here right now, am wondering what if any transcription companies still out there are good to work for. ...

Is There Anyone Here Working For Nuance Or MModal Who Is Happy With Their Job? Nm
Nov 06, 2013

, ...

What Companies Are People Working At That ARE HAPPY???
Nov 29, 2014

Would like to know what companies some of you are at that are happy? Would appreciate any advice. ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

When Does Working For 6.5 Cpl VBC Beat Not Working Because Of No Work?!!!!
Oct 09, 2014

d ...

THERE ARE NO HAPPY MQ MTS OUT THERE?????? NONE????
Dec 08, 2009

nm ...

Happy At TTS
May 03, 2010

I've been at TTS for almost 3 years and I have nothing but positive things to say about TTS.  I never have to guess what TTS expects from me, and I do my best to deliver that on a consistent basis.  Communication flows freely and efficiently.  My team leader and 2 shift leads are EXCELLENT managers in my opinion.  Everything I invest in my job comes back to me and then some.  I can recommend TTS to anybody unapologetically. ...

Happy 10-10-10, Everybody. :)
Oct 10, 2010

x ...

Is Anyone Happy Being An MT
Oct 30, 2010

I am surprised at just how many or your are miserable with what you do.  I am a new MT ans I am also having trouble finding work.  It's not easy.  I can see that having editing to fall back on would be good.  I have read the posts about don't do this just to work from home.  I have small children and my only choice would be daycare if I went to work somewhere, which would eat up half my pay check.  Sometimes it's not just money, sometimes it's fo ...

Is Anyone Actually Happy With VR?
Jul 08, 2011

I've read tons and tons of negative complaints about VR, but are there people out there who actually like it? I'm starting training on a new job this weekend and 90% of it is VR, but all clinic notes, no ops or discharge summaries. It seems like it might easy and a nice change from straight typing for me. Any thoughts? ...

BE HAPPY
Jul 30, 2011

To all of you complainers, and I was one of them.  Be happy you have a job and can work at home.  I was actually bringing myself down with all the complaining.  Hey, things are not what they used to be and complaining just makes it worse.  HAVE A GREAT DAY. ...

Any Happy MTs Out There???
Nov 28, 2011

Hi, everyone.   I was just wondering if there are any MTs out there that are happy with their jobs and are able to make some good money in this profession.  I have read lots and lots of posts, and it seems like a huge percentage of the posts are about how bad people's jobs are and how little money they are making.  I understand people need to vent, but there have to be some MTs that are happy and making money.  I recently graduated from one of the top MT schools and ...

MME: Are There Any Happy MME's Out There?? Considering MME
Jan 06, 2012

nm. ...

TTD, Anyone Happy There?
May 18, 2012

Anyone feel comfortable working there? Getting paid on time and correct amount? It would really help me right now to know this company is legit.  Thanks much. ...

Are There Happy MTs Out There?
May 31, 2012

If so.......who are you working for and is it straight transcription or VR? Employee or IC? Thanks! ...

Happy?
Jun 15, 2012

I am a seasoned (25+ years) transcriptionist who has recently found this site and like it thus far.  I have been looking for supplemental income.  However, there seems to be a lot of negativity regarding at-home transcription jobs.  Is anyone happy at home and with their employer?  If so, what companies are good companies?  I recently tested for M-Modal, but am a little apprehensive after seeing some of these comments.   ...

Is Anyone Happy And Doing Well Here
Jul 01, 2012

I start with MM in a couple of weeks and I just wonder if ANYONE is happy and doing well here.  After reading this forum, I'm a little scared about the choice I made. ...

Anyone Happy
Oct 02, 2012

Been with same company for several years; locked into a corner with DS all day and bored, so not making any $ cause taking breaks constantly.  Reading posts on here.  Are there any RECOMMENDED acute care companies out there?  Seems like they all have a bad rep with the MTs. Anyone happy? ...

Happy With Job
Nov 06, 2012

I understand how frustrated many people are with the way things are going with MT jobs.  I am not posting this to make anyone feel worse, but to let people know that there are some good jobs in MT.  I work for a private local medical office. I had been worried, too, as our office offered voice recognition to docs and some use it.  A lot got frustrated, mostly the ones who want their notes to be correct, and went back to using our services.  I had even been looking at online M ...

Is Anyone Happy Where They Are?
Jan 28, 2013

Just wondering... can anyone recommend a company where they are happy?  Or is the general consensus to find another career?  Thank you for your help/replies. ...

Anyone Happy At TTS?
Feb 17, 2013

I was wondering if anyone is happy with TTS. I have read the archives, as well as some other posts and it doesn't look good.  I am starting with them soon and was hoping I didn't dig myself a grave.  Thanks. ...

If You Are A Happy MT...
May 31, 2013

Could you just give us a brief line or two related to your happiness...why you are still happy in MT despite industry changes...Thanks...in advance! ...

Are You A Happy MT?
Jun 05, 2013

I was laid off as an MT a couple of months ago.  I have been looking for part time jobs elsewhere as not sure I want to pursue MT work again as the pay is poor, the work is not there a lot of the time, and I think I need a change of scenery!  I was wondering if there is anyone on this forum that is happy with the MT company they work for and would be willing to share who they work for as I do not have a clue who to try and test with if I decide to go that route again.  I have some ...

Happy MTs/QCs...I'm Looking For A Job
Jun 28, 2013

Looking for some MTs/QCs that are happy where they work. I would like to change companies, but do not want to spend countless hours testing, as you all know, just to end up finding out something bad in the interview process or worse, after I've already accepted a position with somebody. If anybody is happy with their company and would recommend it, please respond. I am happy being an IC or employee. ...

Happy...
Oct 04, 2013

Just wanting to hear some happy stories.  When I was first acquired by Nuance from my previous employer, I wasn't happy but I have to say that over the past 2 years it has turned out to be pleasant.  At first, I was very resistant and got all upset over Fiesa and marks being made.  I had to realize it wasn't personal and I also had to realize that the mistakes were mine.  Anyway, just wanted to read some positive stories on here.  Every time I visit the Nuance ...

Anybody Happy?
Oct 20, 2013

I am wondering if there is a single person on this forum who is an MT who is happy with their job (including the miniscule pay that would be appropriate compensation if it were around 1975 rather than 2013 or lived in another country in which one can buy a lot more with 50 cents). I think the job in terms of its duties is fine. It's just the pay that I begrudge. You can "earn" just as much being on disability SSI, which I was on before getting in this. But I'd still rather be finan ...

Looking For Happy MTs!
Nov 17, 2013

Some of these forums are filled with folks who are frighteningly unfulfilled. I realize that human nature, being what it is, will complain if given half a chance. However, I am a recent graduate of Everett CC and am starting a new job on Monday. I would like to hear from anyone who is happy and productive in their MT career and not looking for a new one. I did MT before receiving formal instruction and enjoyed it immensely, despite my maddening 10:1 slowness and ignorance of even the most mundan ...

Still Happy...
Dec 06, 2013

Sunday it will be 2 months I have been at my new position since leaving MM. I no longer need to take Prilosec daily and my dr. has decreased my BP med. Furthermore, I was asked after a month if I would like to do full time editing at 6 cpl AND I get paid for every single line I edit....not less than half that MM pays their MMEs. So far, every pay check has been on time and accurate. Two months out and I am making more than I ever made at MM and I expect it to increase as my skills get even b ...

Happy MTs?
Jan 07, 2014

I see a lot of MTs on this board who are not very happy about their current situation/job. Are there any MTs that are happy with their job? I have been with the same company for over 6 years and have a steady paycheck, plenty of work, PTO time, and paid holidays. It is not what it used to be, but I can't complain. I recently have been switched to VR, but I have an easy account, and the pay is still good. ...