A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HOURLY PAY! Transcription Solutions, LLC. NC - SAY WHAT? sm

Posted: Apr 14, 2012

Offering hourly pay for Multispecialty? Anyone have info on them?

editing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
It's hourly, minimum 30 hours per week during regular business hours working on M*Modal doing editing only. Paide $10.50/hour until your first review and then it goes up to $10.75 or $11. I interviewed and was hired by them but ended up not taking the job. That's what I was told in interview.

$10.50, are you kidding me? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
My niece makes $15/hour answering phones for a local medical practice with full benefits, PTO, 401K and the list goes on. So glad I'm out of this field very soon. There really is something wrong with this picture, IMHO.

Where do I apply? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Where do I apply? That is WAY better than minimum wage :)

I bet $10.50 sounds pretty good for those working - for 3cpl averaging $50 a day for an 8hr shift

[ In Reply To ..]
_______
Multiply 2000 lines by 0.03 and it equals exactly - $60 dollars per day. What does that
[ In Reply To ..]
tell you? It means that these companies make enough profits to pay us more then what they are offering for current line rates.

At 4cpl you can make $80 a day for 2000 lines ($10 an hr for 8hr shift) and if they are offering $10.50 to $11 an hour that means they can afford to pay you more than 4cpl, as it is not gauranteed that you will produce 2000 lines each and every single day of the pay-period...think about it.

Just saying it goes to show you, they can afford to pay us more.
The figures of multiplying 2000 lines by 0.03 - is just an example. There are
[ In Reply To ..]
too many variables to consider. In an ideal work enviroment, on an ideal day of course many of us can produce 2000 lines per 8hr shift.

But for many of us, that is not necessarily the case when considering some work on multiple accounts, how many difficult dictators you get throughout the course of your shift, and the time spent on the nit-picky client specifics. I know I have a couple of picky client profiles on my account.

So on average I am often times lucky to see 1600 to 1700 lines per day. So multiply that times 0.4 or 0.3 and you get $64 (4cpl for 1600 lines) and $68 (4cpl for 1700).

So that equates to $8-$8.50 per hour. Which is $2 to $3 less than this $10.50 per hr they are offering.

This why I say with all certainty that if they can afford to offer hourly pay at $10.50 to $11 then why not raise the industry rates to 0.5 to 0.6cpl and totall do away with this 3 and 4 business.
Get REAL. You can't pay rent on a modest apartment - and internet connection on that money. I wonder SM
[ In Reply To ..]
how many people have fallen away from this field specifically because they couldn't pay the bills that would have allowed them to continue the luxury of "working at home."

Not that people making that little should have stayed with it, but anyone who is in that position is one doctor bill or car repair away from disaster. Poverty is like a cancer. It grows and consumes its host.
SM - I am being real and totally agree with you - see msg
[ In Reply To ..]
I am actually glad someone finally acknowledged this post. Because this is the reality of many MTs right now. How many on here do you read about griping over min wage pay? LOTS!

The calculations that I made just lays it all out there. That is what many are struggling with from day to day.

I used those figures as an example to show that if they can pay someone $10 to $11 an hour then they can certainly pay 5 or 6cpl. Now using those same figures:

1600 x 0.05 = $80 ($10hr per 8hr shift)

1600 x 0.06 = $96 ($12hr per 8hr shift)

1700 x 0.05 = $85 ($10.62 per 8hr shift)

1700 x 0.06 = $102 ($12.75 per hr shift)

And again I say that many of us can produce more than 1600 to 1700 lines per day, but this is an example and is probably pretty much standard for many.

I said all that to say this - Industry rates for Speech recognition NEEDS TO BE RAISED ACROSS THE BOARD for everyone.

This ad of offering hourly pay is proof, that they CAN pay us 5 to 6cpl for editing. The posts I made are strictly referencing editing pay, not straight typing. Since editing *IS* the new norm.

And having said all this - People PLEASE quit accepting jobs for 3cpl.

Thank you.
And I totally agree with you. Also, people really, really NEED - to stop working themselves into poverty.
[ In Reply To ..]
Before they're in too deep a hole to pull themselves out.
That sounds great to me!! I am the one who posted - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
about making 6 for straight typing and 4 for editing, but I was wrong!! I am getting the 6 for straight typing, but only 3 for editing. I am so sick!! I would love an hourly job as long as it was at least minimum:(

So is this doing backlog/overflow for M*Modal? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
You said "working on M*Modal" or do you mean M*Modal's platform?

My son makes that working in the meat dept at grocery store - Really?

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously...10.75 an hour. I average $25 to 29 an hour. Actually, anything less than $20 an hour would be a slap in the face.

Best advice - Steer clear

[ In Reply To ..]

To Best Advice Steer Clear...Appreciate advice...but details, please? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Could you please give some details as to what your referencing? Many thanks in advance.

Sure - blatantly dishonest

[ In Reply To ..]

Transcription Solutions, LLC of NC - RajaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for them and they are a terrific company with which to work. I was working for a different company doing mainly speech @3 cpl and the pay was ridiculous. I stumbled across their ad and was hired within 2-3 days. The supervisors and QA are nice and give constructive feedback, if needed. They are a joy to work with. I actually do not dread sitting at the computer each day now - wondering how little I am going to make - due to running out of work or terrible ESLs that are going to slow me down. I have seen the other comments and will not go back forth over this; I am simply giving my opinion as an employee who is grateful to work for this company.

Supervisors? QA? There is only 3 people that run the whole place - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
QA is nice? You can't communicate with QA there, what makes you think they're "nice" & Supervisors? There's only 3 women that run the whole thing...

Similar Messages:

Transcription Solutions LLC North Carolina Hourly Position?
Apr 09, 2012

They offer an hourly wage for an IC position.  Anyone know what they are like to work for?   ...

Transcription Solutions LLC Of NC
Feb 03, 2011

Does anyone work for this company?  How do you like it?  Do you think the beginning hourly wage is fair?  Thanks for any input. ...

Transcription Solutions Of SC, LLC
Jun 20, 2014

Any info on this company?  I can't find anything recent.  TIA. ...

Transcription Solutions Of SC
Mar 21, 2015

Anyone currently working for this company? I am thinking of applying but wanted to find out from a current contractor for them how they pay, availability of work, reliability, difficulty of accounts/platform?? Is it possible to make more than minimum wage?  Any information appreciated.  ...

Transcription Solutions-Anyone Work For Them?
Oct 14, 2009

I need some info on Transcription Solutions.  Good, bad, or ugly.  How are they to work for, do they pay on time, platforms,vr, qa feedback, etc.........?  Thanks in advance ...

Intermountain Transcription Solutions
Jan 27, 2010

Does anyone have any information about Intermountain Transcription Solutions in Utah?  Feel free to e-mail or post here, just curious if anyone has worked for them or knows anything about them, I can't find any current information, thank you. ...

Any Information On Transcription Solutions?
Apr 06, 2010

Specifically their VR platform.  Is pay on time/accurate?  How are they to work for?  Are you micromanaged?   Thanks! ...

Transcription Solutions.....any Information...tia
May 27, 2010

nm ...

RI Unlimited Transcription Solutions
Jun 19, 2010

Does anyone currently work for RI Unlimited that can tell me what equipment specs they require now and if they are currently hiring part time?  I could not find it on their website.  Do they have shifts now or not?  I worked for them for about 5 years, quit and went to work in a local medical clinic as a receptionist, worked up to clinic manager and just got my hours cut.  Any info would be appreciated. ...

Transcription Solutions, Out Of NC, Any News On Them?
Oct 29, 2010

Transcription Solutions, out of NC, any news on them? Mass hiring? Straight type to VR by the hour?? Too good to be true? ...

Interpro Transcription Solutions?
Apr 23, 2012

Hello everyone.  I am getting close to the hiring point with this company.  They appear to be a larger MTSO, and I was looking for something more mid-sized so to speak.  Does anyone have experience with them, good or bad or in between? Thanks! : )  All I really care about is having enough work everyday, and having no speech wreck (or very little anyway).  I am trying to find out if they are also next in line to be usurped by Nuance or not, as far as anyone has heard. Gos ...

ITS (Intermountain Transcription Solutions)
Sep 29, 2012

I was wondering if anyone had worked for them or is doing so currently.  I saw 2 ads on another jobs board for them but couldn't find any recent info in the archives.  I wasn't really concerned about the line rates as much as how the QA staff was to work with, qualifying for benefits, etc.  You can e-mail me privately (reply via e-mail) if you wish, thanks in advance. ...

Transcription Solutions Of SC, LLC - TSSC
Nov 14, 2012

Who knows anything about this company? ...

Transcription Solutions Of SC Anyone Applied?
Nov 19, 2012

Has anyone who has applied for the job posting last week from Transcription Solutions of SC heard anything back from them?  I tested with them last week and noticed today the job ad was removed.  I have not heard back from them yet.  ...

ITS Intermountain Transcription Solutions
Dec 17, 2013

Does anyone have information about this company? I can't seem to find anything.  Thanks. ...

Transcription Solutions In Laurinburg, NC
Jul 30, 2014

I have an issue with Transcription Solutions of NC .   This company states I worked for them and I received a ltr from the IRS.  I did not work for them.    A former co-worker at a place did however, use my name and SS# because she had access to these things.    Please, please if anyone can help me locate Transcription Solutions - it would be greatly appreciated.   ...

Transcription Solutions Of South Carolina
Oct 11, 2011

Has anyone taken the test for Transcription Solutions of South Carolina and received any results? ...

Transcription Solutions - Is There Acute Care Accounts?
Dec 18, 2013

Was thinking of applying here but would like to know some information.  Is there acute care accounts?  Can you pick a schedule?  Any VR? Do they supply equipment? What is the daily line count?  What is their QA percentage requirement? Is management nice to work with?  I think I've covered everything here.  Would appreciate any input you could give......Thanks! ...

Info On Transcription Solutions Of South Carolina
Apr 02, 2014

Any current MTs working for or any previous MTs who have worked with Transcription Solutions of South Carolina? I have submitted my resume for their recent job opening post. Just wondering about the company. All I can find in the archives is old, from 2007. Just wondering general things. Do they pay on time? Have plenty of work? Good company to work for? ANY information is greatly appreciated. ...

Looking For Current Information On ATSI (American Transcription Solutions) .. SM
Dec 27, 2010

After searching the archives all of the information there is old and I would really appreciate some up-to-date information.   TIA ...

Seeking Transcription Solutions LLC North Carolina Current Or Former MT Feedback
Jul 25, 2012

Can any current or former MT's with this company give some honest feedback of what on earth this company is about? It is managed by 3 women, and I'm about to blow from the insanity of this place. I wouldn't even know where to begin the list is so long. Anyone want to be anonymous pen-pals? I fully understand and respect discretion regarding such a sensitive subject. Please, tell me somebody else is out there who knows exactly how I feel... ...

Hourly PTO Pay
Jul 17, 2012

I just started with MModal a few months ago and I'm searching for the job offer that states the amount of $$$ we receive per hour in PTO.   Meanwhile, I thought I would come here and ask.  Is it $10 or $12 per hour?   I'm thinking it's one of those.  I could be getting these numbers mixed up with training pay though.  ...

Hourly Pay
Nov 24, 2014

What is a good hourly rate for a home-based transcriptionist?   Having a hard time trying to decide what to ask for! ...

Can An IC Demand Hourly Pay Or Does It Have To Be Cpl?
Nov 06, 2009

Can an IC demand hourly pay or does it have to be cpl? ...

What's An Hourly Rate?
Dec 26, 2009

I am thinking of getting into medical transcription but all I read on here is negative posts about how little work is available and how you are all getting paid less than you were last year.  Now, please don't flame me, I know this is a cheeky question, but to be quite honest ".08 cpl" doesn't mean much to me.  Would anyone mind telling me what they actually earn per hour (when the work is there) and how many hours per day they generally work.  It will just give me an id ...

Hourly QA Rates?
Dec 30, 2010

I am wondering if anyone would share the going hourly rate (being paid by the hour, not by the line) for QA?  How many lines an hour are required to get the rate? TIA ...

Figuring Out Ppl Instead Of Hourly
Jan 25, 2011

I've been paid by the hour for the past 11 years, was laid off and am now searching for work. How do I transition to ppl pay to equal the amount of my unemployment so that I'll know I can pay my bills? What questions do I ask potential employers? Work load? Average pay? I'm so confused! The 'Newbie" Tammie ...

Provider Going To EMR -- Hourly Vs CPL?
Jun 08, 2011

One of my providers is going to switch over to EMR.  I've looked into the program and it's got a similar document section to MS Word.  However, with them going to EMR, I'm assuming I'll lose quite a bit of my bulk work (macros, etc) that I currently have with "straight typing." So my question is this ... is it worth it to transcribe EMR for a CPL rate or is it better to renegotiate my "contract" and go hourly?  I'm an IC/MTSO so get no benefits. Would ap ...

ANYBODY GET THAT BIG HOURLY RAISE
Oct 27, 2011

Hey yall get that big hourly raise... ...

Hourly QA Position?
Jan 23, 2012

I did a search but didn't find any current chatter about hourly QA positions.  Part-time, evenings and weekends.  Do they exist and any recommendations where and where not to look? ...