A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Globespan Medical and MT Week - Ugh

Posted: May 22, 2010

Well, the week has come and gone and did not get anything in regards to MT Week with Globespan Medical out of San Diego, CA.  That hits a person "below the belt"!  You don't feel appreciated for all you do with a company who can't even send out a "thank you" email.  It's not just offshoring that makes a company look bad.  Some of these companies make themselves look bad all by themselves.

Globespan Medical - Shell

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been with Globespan for almost three years and in that three years, I have received a "Thank You" for the work that I do, whether it be an email or a small gift of appreciation. You are right - this year there wasn't anything, however, the way I am looking at it is I have a job - a job that keeps me busy every day of the week and pays my bills on time! Not everyone can say that!!!!!

I guess I am used to it, that is as far as no "thank you." I work for three other docs - two for 10 years and one for three years - and in all of this time, I have NEVER received a thank you or even "Happy MT Week!" from any of them.

I do not want anyone who reads your note take it as Globespan is a bad company! They are one of the best companies I have ever worked for so if they ever offer you a job, feel comfortable and confident in knowing that you are with a company who does appreciate their MT's, even if they don't have time to send out a "Thank You" during MT week! :)

Flip the coin - Shell

[ In Reply To ..]
On flipping the coin....did you thank them on Bosses Day??? I know I didn't which obviously isn't right now, is it???

Hmmm..... - BusyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it possibly be they were so busy getting new contracts to keep you busy with work so you could pay your bills that they did not have time or forgot or even were out of town, so they could not tell you thank you? I have worked for them for over 4 years now and I get told nearly every week thank you. I would rather get told every week or once a month thank you than one time a year.

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcriptionist Week - WMX
May 14, 2011

Just wondering if anyone from WMX is betting on a token gift for MT week.  Last year we got the Pharmaceutical Word Book to install on our (their) computers.  Did appreciate that.  The year before we got nice BBQ aprons with their logo on it.  This year we got yet another reduction in our ISR wages.  Hoping that was not supposed to be our gift.  I know they don't have to give us anything and expect we might get a general company-wide E-mail telling us how REMA ...

Medical Transcription Week
May 21, 2011

I really used to look forward to and loved planning and participating in MT Week.  After all, it is my CHOSEN career and I really love what I do.  However, these past four or five years, being employed by a MTSO, and especially this past week, MT week, I have never felt so unappreciated in my entire career life.  I have literally works my b@lls off this week (Yes, I am female), putting in extra time, helping set up a new account, providing 100% QA where no QA protocol is in place at all for t ...

Medical Transcriptionist Week
May 24, 2013

My how far the profession has fallen One can either hate or love technology.  It brings both good and bad.  Ron Reagan proclaims glorious MT Week in 1985 and makes it sound like a truly valued function in our society.  Fast forward to the beginning of the millennium and share your story on how glorious the profession has become Does your company provide health insurance?  Yes, no, maybe?  If so, can you afford your share of the premium that is deducted from your paych ...

NATIONAL MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST WEEK
Feb 21, 2011

National Medical Transcriptionist Week is May 16 - 22 What are you doing to celebrate it?  I'm looking for some creative ways for our work group to celebrate. ...

Globespan Transcription
May 09, 2013

Does anyone have any information on Globespan Transcription, I only found one post from earlier this year.  TIA ...

Globespan Online Application
Aug 16, 2011

I am trying to apply at Globespan but when I try to download my resume onto the online application I keep getting an error message.  You are supposed to download it in Word or pdf format.  I thought I was downloading it in Word, but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone out there know what would cause this not to work?  I really need some help with this since I am really anxious to apply for the opening.  Please help if you can.  Thank you so much. ...

Question About Globespan Transcription
Feb 04, 2013

I am just wondering if there was anybody else who was having trouble trying to contact this company in order to apply for a position that is on another board. I can not get through --was wondering if it was me or my computer or them ...

Globespan In Calif. Wants IC At 5cpl. Who Can Live In Calif On That?
Feb 01, 2013

Oh, they don't outsource!  You also have to have your own computer, foot pedal and Express Scribe program...oh, they will send and receive.  Is prostitution legal in California..don't know all the laws from state-to-state.  Better Google that. ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

From Medical Transcriptionist To Medical Coordinator
May 19, 2011

Where can I get information about transitioning from a medical transcriptionist to a medical coordinator? ...

Help - A Non-medical Word In A Medical Report
Jan 25, 2013

It's on a wrist injury.  The word sounds like (it's slurred), but has the sound of - "inishits" The sentence is He has instability of the distal radial ulnar joint.  He had an MRI, which did reveal tear of the TFCC, which _____ with his clinical picture. Anywone have any guesses as to what that might be?  I'm just at a loss. Thanks,   ...

Involves A "5-week-long" Or "5-week Long" Treatment.
Jul 12, 2012

This would involve a "5-week long" treatment to the breast.  ...

When Is MT Week?
May 06, 2010

Thanks. ...

MT Week -- Huh?
May 17, 2010

I've never heard of National MT Week.  Been doing MT for 10 years for the same MTSO.  Never came on to MT Stars until about the last six months.  Obviously, I have never gotten anything for MT Week, so at least some of you are lucky that you do get a little something, whatever it might be.  My MT job just keeps getting better and better (NOT) with pay decreases and work lost to VR.  ...

Pay Week Help
Jan 19, 2011

I am kind of lost in the pay dates for the next pay day on Friday.  Could someone tell me what days we are getting paid for?  I though it was for 2 weeks starting on the 1st and ending on a Sat.  Is that the way they do it now?  Thanks guys! ...

Pay Once A Week
May 05, 2011

Who is the company that pays every week? It was just on the job's seekers board, but now I cannot find it.  Any info would be helpful. I would love to get paid every week.   Thanks ...

NJA Every Day Last Week
Sep 04, 2011

I'm trying to finish out my notice and will have to force myself to turn on that stupid computer in the a.m.  May not be finishing out because I am not going to be strapped down waiting for piddly crap to come my way every 45 minutes. I just keep wondering what the patients would say if they knew their records were going to India just to save a few bucks.  I'd love for some news media to pick it up and ask that very question. ...

Oh Boy Another Week Of
Feb 13, 2012

ASRopoly.  ASR:  pyelogram, grams dictated:  5 mg Just one of 1200 mistakes to be edited in a 2-minute report.  Words added, words left out, wrong words, almost right words, wrong gender, wrong verb tense, no punctuation, punctuation everywhere . . . . . . . ...

NJA Second Day This Week
Jun 07, 2012

I have NJA again. Getting tired of this. ...

3rd Week Of 97% - So Now What Happens?
Nov 12, 2012

Are they going to fire me? And is it true that they can remotely go into my computer to see if I'm working or not? See what websites I've been at? ...

Week Or Two Or Week Or 2?
Feb 20, 2013

I should know this one, but don't come across it all that often.  According to Book of Style, is it "notify me in a week or two" or "notify me in a week or 2"? Thank for your input everyone. ...

SAT - FRI Pay Week
Sep 06, 2013

What kind of company does this?  Oh wait, never mind, I know.  ...

Had A New TSM For One Week
Nov 06, 2013

and now she has vanished into the great MM black hole.  Farewell! ...

MT Week Is Almost Here!!
Apr 15, 2014

and.... "Similar to 2013, our MT Week theme this year is Quality and all HDS/SHDA employees will be able to participate in fun and educational activities highlighting the importance of quality." ...