A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Geez, got a job at Nuance 2 weeks ago... - anonymouse

Posted: May 05, 2011

I am still waiting to do the training on the acct specifics.  I am also disappointed with the lack of communication with the team lead.  I have yet to receive an email.  I just need to get working.  I didn't get a job to sit here. 

Nuance - it only gets worse

[ In Reply To ..]
wow...better get used to it...I've been here since they took over OSi...still no communication...still no work...I'm looking for another job. No one can make a living on what they pay...and I've got over 5 years seniority. Haven't you read the previous posts about Nuance? Why would you even apply for a job there?

Ditto - Nuance is Terrible

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for MQ and trust me, Nuance is MQ in disguise, maybe even worse. Red tape, complex formulas for bonuses, pay cuts, excuses, switching accounts, switching rules, general overall incompetent management with no regard for MT trying to make a living wage.

Really glad I branched to the other side of OSi - mtmt

[ In Reply To ..]
before Nuance took over. Sounds like it's been bad news.

Nuance - Ihatebeinginmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously........RUN from Nuance. My friend works for them, her last paycheck was $114 for two weeks! She is getting evicted from her apartment. You'd be better off at Walmart.

I worked there when it was still Focus... - anonymouse

[ In Reply To ..]
When I was there before I never had a problem. I got emails everyday. My team lead was always communicating and on top of everything. It wasn't like this.

I work there now - memmers

[ In Reply To ..]
I am contemplating quitting altogether. This was my first experience in transcription, as I started with Focus as a new grad. I am completely burned out. I have had different 3 team leads, then the buyout. I have to contest every post audit correction. Are the post auditors foreignors?? If you are a smidge under 99% they go ape, treat you like your worthless. I don't even make minimum wage, so being stressed at this job does not make sense to me. I would never advise anyone to be a medical transcriptionist, and if you are do not work for Nuance. They'll make you hate it. They use your computer, internet service, electricity and pay you less than minimum wage. And if you don't have work during your scheduled hours, they demand you make it up in that week. So basically, you are tied to the dang computer more than what you are scheduled to work. I am just done. I have moved to part-time, but I think even that is not enough. It's Nuance...not me. I'm going to resign next week.
sorry for the typos - memmers
[ In Reply To ..]
Please excuse all of the typos, I was typing too fast and did not proofread...

...and I call myself a transcriptionist.

:)

Similar Messages:

Does Nuance Pay Twice A Month Or Every 2 Weeks?
May 12, 2012

Way To Go Nuance! After 2 Weeks Of OOW, Most Days, 0 Net Pay
Jan 11, 2014

xx ...

Nuance 2 Weeks Notice?
Feb 01, 2015

Hello. I found employment outside of Nuance (and outside of my home). I like my supervisor and want to give her 2-weeks notice but I'm concerned that I will get fired on the spot or lose my PTO. Has anyone given 2-weeks notice and left on a positive note?  ...

Newly Hired At Nuance 2 Weeks Ago
Sep 06, 2011

So I am hired and did all the webinar training and such... and am waiting and waiting to get trained on account specifics and get started working... How long can I expect to wait?  I asked someone Friday and they said most likely Tuesday.  Tuesday workday has come and gone.... What to do next? ...

When Do W2 Forms Go Out? I Worked At Nuance For 6 Weeks Last
Jan 16, 2014

I can only hope it's mailed and I don't have to go into one of their outsourced confusing websites. Thanks. ...

Tech Support From Nuance In The Last Couple Of Weeks?
May 31, 2014

Has anyone had computer problems after having tech support from Nuance in the last couple of weeks?  I am having MAJOR ISSUES. ...

Week, Weeks Or Weeks' History
Aug 25, 2012

still confused as to how or when to use the above mentioned. anyone? thank you, THMT ...

Geez Keystrokes - Thought Your Were Different
Jul 27, 2010

Disgusting. ...

Geez, The Q/Spheris Is Offering A $50+ Hourly Job.
Sep 01, 2010

http://www.jobserve.us/Medquist-Spheris-Consultant-Nashville-Tennessee-Contract-WF36E52A8C7D9B66A.jsjob?r=9AE7FE04CA62FDEF ...

Geez. What Little Things Make Me Feel Better.
Sep 24, 2011

I just heard a dictator say "thank you transcriptionist for your hard work.  I know I am not easy to transcribe.  Have a good day".  I am SHOCKED!   Haven't heard a thank-you like that in a long time! ...

Geez!! Some Of The Tests These MTSOs Give Out
Sep 25, 2012

are ridiculous!!  I want so bad to tell them I am not a doctor!  They expect me to know things that there is no way to know!!  I just got another one of those tests.  Very tempting to tell them what they can do with that test!  They could pay me $100 an hour and I MIGHT try it!  Wow!!  Just wow!  Was going to insert a mad smiley here, but they are not working. ...

Geez..are There ANY Good Transcription Companies Out There To Work For?
Oct 11, 2012

After reviewing all of the posts in here (which I am thankful for) I'm scared to work for any of them. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm down to bread and butter, here. Thank you! ...

Job Pays 30 Cents Per Audio Minute, Geez
Jan 18, 2013

So there is job posted that pays 30 cents an audio minute.  How generous!  You figure depending on the dictator and difficulty of transcript 60 minutes of audio is equal to 3 hours of transcribing.  Granted, most of the time it does not take that long, but just in case for good measure we'll say 3 hours for 60 audio minutes.  Do the math!  30 cents a minute x 60 (1 hr)= 1800.  So another words, if you divide 1800 by 3 you get your hourly rate = 6 buck ...

Former Accentus - Anybody Else Think HR Acted Like We Make Thousands Of Dollars A Month? Geez.
Nov 22, 2013

I love being an MT.  But it is truly time to accept the inevitable and move on.   The pay now totally sucks and it's very detrimental to my health.  I can do this, and will.   After the holidays, I am making changes.  I always said I never wanted to go back and work in an office but I do believe that day has finally come!  I have known the reality of what was happening, yet have hung on for the flexiblity (which probably is gone again now too with th ...

Pay For Last 2 Weeks
Jan 24, 2011

Just figured my pay on lines for the last 2 weeks.  Really depressing.  I figured it twice because I thought it just couldn't be right.  New Year sure isn't starting off well.  ...

Weeks Vs. Weeks'
Feb 09, 2011

Please clarify .... is it weeks or weeks' ?? The patient is a 21-year-old G2, P1-0-0-1 at 37 plus 1 weeks' gestation who presents ........ ...

NJA For Going On 3 Weeks?
Mar 20, 2013

I got switched to a new acct a little over a month ago and have been out of work on a daily basis for about 3 weeks.  Yesterday an email was sent that we would know this morning what the status is and still no word.  ARG!!!  Anyone else in the west know what is going on? ...

Two Weeks And I'm Gone
Nov 18, 2013

I just turned in my resignation.  Crazy to change jobs right before the holidays but I've done it before.  Cannot wait to start new job at smaller company for, yes, a little less pay but no corporate bigwigs and no offshores.  I feel free! ...

2-weeks
Jan 31, 2014

Hello fellow MT's, I saw that another MT posed this question and I thought it was a great idea to get a heads up before I do this. I plan on giving MM my 2 weeks very very very soon and I was wondering if anyone who has given 2 weeks at MM could tell me what happened immediately after they gave their notice? How they were treated, how PTO you have banked was handled, etc. Anything will be helpful. You can private e-mail me if you would like. Thank you in advance, it is very much appreciated ...

Almost 7 Weeks Since My Last Day And Still
Jul 22, 2014

How long does it take? ...

? About Two Weeks Notice
Mar 02, 2010

What if I don't give a 2 week notice?  Is it really gonna hurt me?  I doubt they give detailed information about what kind of employee you were.  Maybe just dates.  I have been with this company since the mid 90s and I hate to just up and leave like that, but I don't know if I can take it another day.  Every week its something new.  My pay is down to almost nothing.  With the type of reports I get, there is no way I'm making 5% and living with my ...

Help.. S/l EPO Cretin Every 2 Weeks
Jun 19, 2010

Dictator also says EPO therapy 40000 units every 2 weeks.  ...

8 Weeks Training To Become An MT (sm)
Jul 20, 2010

Why do these "schools" continue to advertise?  There is NO WAY someone can learn what we do in 8 weeks.  I am amazed at advertisements such as these!!! ...

I Have Sent Out About 5 Resumes In The Last 2 Weeks - Sm
Oct 10, 2010

I have heard not one word.  No calls, no e-mails, nothing.  I am a CMT with over 25 years of experience, experience in every specialty, huge hospitals, etc.  Am I too experienced and do they think I would want too much money?  Why wouldn't they at least ask?  I used to get a phone call immediately upon sending a resume.  Nowadays, nothing.  I'm amazed that these companies are not looking for good help.  ...

Few Weeks' Time?
Oct 19, 2010

This always gets me, is this correct? or is it a few weeks time ...

10 And 0/7 Weeks' Gestational Age?
Oct 20, 2010

What is the proper format for this gestational term? 10-0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10 and 0/7 weeks' gestational age, or 10-0/7 weeks gestational age...? Please and thank you! :) ...

First Full Day Off In 2 Weeks!
Dec 18, 2011

It's a family day! I hope you all have a great day! :) ...

Do You Think It Is Necessary To Give 2 Weeks?
May 30, 2012

Do you think it is necessary to give 2 weeks notice if I am ALWAYS out of work. For example I should be done with my 8 hour shift in an hour and I am not even half way through the day due to being out of work on my primary and ALL of my back ups. I just do not see the point in it. What do you guys think? Thanks and I hope everyone has a great day!! :) ...

2 Weeks With MM, Don't Like Cornerstone...s/m
Jul 10, 2012

ready to quit.  How much notice should I give?  I have an offer to transcribe Radiology reports from a local MTSO. and though I'm nervous about Rad, I think it's the better choice.  Thanks! ...

Yay!!! I Got My Paycheck For 2 Weeks. $48.00.
Dec 28, 2012

Worked here for over 20 years.  Been MT of the month 3 times with pay raises only to be grandfathered in to lose my raises and have the same pay I started working for this company.  Then I slowly get no jobs available for the past 3 months.  For these last 2 weeks??  I get on all hours of the day and night and this is what my pay comes too??  How the he)) am I supposed to pay for cable to stay on and electric bill. GOTTA LOVE MMODAL!  ...