A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Etransplus - Acuity platform has been hard for me - achingfingers

Posted: Apr 12, 2010

The Acuity platform has been hard for me to make a decent line count on. I used to have no problem making over 1200 lines a day, but now I struggle to make 900. What can you do to improve your production? How long did it take to get up to speed?  I've been working in it for a while, and it seem to be taking me a lot longer to make a decent line count than the other programs I've worked with. I'm also using the Shorthand expander program and I'm afraid I might not be using it effectively. I've created quite a dictionary so far, but I just don't know if I'm not as fast as I thought I was or if I am not using what I have available to me to the best advantage. Any insight or hints would be great. Thanks.

etrans - BTDT

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I've read on boards and recall from being there, they do not pay for spaces, and I think it was 65 VBC as well, but don't quote me on it. I also could not get more lines than that.

They do pay spaces, and some headers - achingfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you get like 1.5 lines for the header, takes about 30 seconds to do usually.

That's the thing, I really like the company and the emploees, Acuity isn't that hard to use, so I don't understand why my line count looks like poo.

Probably with sound negative but I think these companies - JMO

[ In Reply To ..]
Fix the line count somehow to benefit them. I have worked for one company on a platform and could do 250 lph and then go to another company, similar accounts, same platform, and would only average 150 lph. So you tell me. Another case in point, I've been on the same platform but different companies and on one a whole page would end up being about 35-40 lines and then I go to another company and the whole page is like 20 lines. So things do not add up. It was made me really skeptical that someone is getting screwed, and I am sure it's the MT.
oops..meant "Probably WILL sound negative. NM - JMO
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
I guess I'll have to do a character count in word and look at it - achingfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
I just really hope this isn't the case. Working for Etrans has been great other than this one thing, which could very well be just me. My last platform probably just spoiled me, we were given 10 lines for headers, weighted doctors, etc.
For the record, their count is accurate - achingfingers
[ In Reply To ..]
I checked a couple documents in Word and the count the platform gives is an accurate count of the characters/lines per report.

I currently work for them, too, and often having a hard - passing right on through

[ In Reply To ..]
time making a very good line count. I make less now working full time than I did working part time at a previous company with a better platform. Sorry I don't have any good advice to increase your line count.

Similar Messages:

ETransPlus - Only Use Meditech & Acuity/Mongoose, Nothing Else?
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

Can't Log Into ACUITY Platform
Jun 25, 2012

I cannot log into Acuity to work and I cannot log into my webmail.  I was able to get into my mailbox last night?  Anyone know if I'm the *ding, ding, ding* "winner of the prize" today or if it is a widespread problem? Thanks all :) ...

ETransplus Platform?
Oct 01, 2010

Does anyone know what transcription platfor this company uses?   TIA ...

Is It That Hard For Companies To Teach A Platform?
Feb 25, 2015

I see job ads from time to time where I have all the qualifications except having experience on their transcription platform. Is it that hard to teach software? It shouldn't be a huge effort. I'm sure within a week or so of working, an MT working on a new platform would have it down. Just venting. ...

Acuity/Mongoose
Oct 13, 2010

Can anyone give me info about Acuity/Mongoose, user friendly, reliable?  Thanks in advance. ...

Visual Acuity
Mar 15, 2011

Can anyone tell me how you would transcribe a visual acuity of 20/30 minus 1?  TIA.  ...

Acuity Software
Feb 08, 2013

Is anyone out there using the Acuity software?  If so, is it running slow while typing in your report?  ...

Eyeballs, Acuity
Apr 24, 2015

"Visual acuity by 'laya line' testing"... Visual acuity by 'lay of line' testing? ...

How To Transcribe Visual Acuity.
Oct 27, 2010

How do I transcribe visual acuity when he says 20/20 "slash" 20/15 ?  It looks confusing if I do 20/20/20/15 or 20/20 / 20/15. Should this just be 20/20 and 20/15?    Thanks ...

How To Transcribe Visual Acuity Results?
Jan 11, 2010

Not sure how to type this out properly.  Dictated is: "Visual acuity is 20 15 minus 1 OD  20 40 minus 1 OS without correction." Now I know O D needs to be changed to right eye, but the numbered part has me hesitant.  Should it be 20/15 -1?  10-15, -1?   I appreciate any insight. THanks. ...

Visual Acuity 2200, 2400 Is That 22/100 Or 20/200?
Mar 05, 2012

The whole sentance is - Visual acuity without correction is 2400 in the right eye 2200 in the left with correction 20/30 bilaterally.  Would that be 24/100 or 20/400 or just plain 2400. ...

ETransPlus Or TTS, LLC
Jun 08, 2010

Just wanting to know about these two companies.  TTS and eTransPlus.  Any positive or negative comments would be appreciated! ...

Anything To Say About ETransplus?
Jun 26, 2010

Does anyone have anything to say about eTransplus? ...

ETransPlus. Anybody Used PTO Since The New
Sep 27, 2010

pay scale in place.  If so, did you still receive the higher line rate even if your transcribed lines were below 6,000 because of the PTO that you took? ...

ETransplus?
Jun 20, 2011

I applied and passed all of the testing for eTransplus as advertised on the Job Seekers Board but haven't heard anything back. Did anyone else apply and hear back yet? Just curious since I expected to hear back after successfully jumping through all of their hoops....er, passing all of their tests ;-) ...

Any ETransPlus Employees?
Nov 11, 2009

Wondering if anyone has any info on this company - good or bad feedback is welcomed. Thanks! ...

Inquiring About ETransPlus
May 01, 2010

Inquiring about eTransPlus...anybody know any info about this company? Pros and cons? ...

Anybody Else At ETransPlus Out Of Work? Nm
Aug 05, 2010

x ...

Is ETransPlus Hiring And
Dec 01, 2010

How about line rates, payday on time, supervisors, tech, any info appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Warning ETransPlus
Dec 17, 2010

A quasi-Federal employer. Thought I'd be ahead cuz the Feds will manage our jobs AND our health records someday soon. You have to get fingerprinted, get your background investiagated and pay for a retro hunk of foot pedal and then they short your pays. ...

ETransPlus Or Archivus...
Jun 15, 2011

Any current info on either of these companies; pay, how the management treats MTs, enough work?  Trying to make a decision.  This will be my secondary MTSO - already have another full time job, just would like to have a secondary when things are slow.  I know two is going wear me out some, but it is better than the fear of going broke with only one MTSO during the slow times. ...

EtransPlus - Any Information ?
Feb 22, 2011

Does anyone have any information on this company?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Worked For ETRANSPLUS?
Mar 09, 2011

Trying to get some info on etransplus.  Does anybody know anything about this company? ...

Seeking All ETransPlus MTs
Sep 05, 2011

I've accepted a position with this company and will start the training process on Tuesday. I'd like to get a feel for this company, and the best way to do that is to speak with those "in the know." 1.  How are they to work for?2.  How is the Acuity platform?3.  How are lines calculated?  Is it hard to reach the 1200-line daily goal?4.  How is QA? And anything else you can think of that you feel would help. Either post here or email me would be fine. Thanks in ...

WOW - ETransPlus Hiring??
Sep 20, 2011

The only possible reason they could be hiring is because everyone else is leaving because of no work!  But still... for going on 4 weeks now, two different "pools" have remained mostly empty day and night.  I am so glad to be getting out of there.  ...

ETransPlus Question
Sep 22, 2011

Anyone know any information on eTransPlus?  Good/bad.  Line count per hour/week requirements.  Pay per line.  Just the usual questions.  I am thinking about applying, but want to make sure there is work for me to do there.  Please comment. ...

EtransPlus Monday?
Oct 01, 2011

Does anyone know why ETP is havin a phone conference for employees Monday morning? I hate surprises and this has my stomach in knots since work has been practically nonexistent for a month on multiple acct. Eek! ...

Etransplus To Medquist
Oct 20, 2011

does anyone have any information on the company medquist, was just recently told that etrans went to medquist with little notification other than a conference call on a Monday. thank you ...

ETransPlus Server
Jan 18, 2012

Does anyone have a problem with the eTransPlus server?  I find that it is very slow in responding to what I type while in the portal.  I've always had a problem, but it seems a lot worse this week.  I've talked to eTransPlus tech support in the past, but they haven't been able to find what's wrong. ...

ASR Must Have "impaired Hearing Acuity" As Well.
Mar 23, 2010

nm ...