A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Division of Labor-Landmark Transcription - ex-MT

Posted: Jan 15, 2015

Anyone ever involved with a case against LM from Division of Labor.  I am seriously considering to do an investigation on them regarding the fair labor act. 

DOL - I did

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually got a call from the Dept of Labor about 6 months ago, asking me a lot of questions about my hours, my lines my wages, etc and that was it. No idea what they did with the answers I gave them and did not know if it was actually a "case."

:) no message - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Wow, what it is about? - Ex-LMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Landmark for a little over 2 years and left last year. They're definitely not the greatest company to work for. I never received anything from the DOL. Any idea what they are investigating them for? I'm curious as to what it's about.

ExLM as well - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know all of the labor laws, but I do know at Landmark, they hire full-time employees and work them until an account dries out. When they get a new account, they then advertise and hire, while the previous MTs have zero work. I asked for new accounts until I was blue in the face, but they wanted to keep me on my other accounts in case the job or two per day came through.

I really don't think it is legal to hire new employees while you have employees not getting any work?? Not really sure, but I would guess that's it.

Another problem with Landmark.... - Kim

[ In Reply To ..]
Another issue with Landmark is that most of their accounts are just overflow accounts, not full-blown accounts where Landmark gets all or at least a good amount of the work. They only get the leftovers. They hire people and lead them to believe that they will have full-time work and don't even bother to tell them that the accounts are just overflow, which is very deceptive. That happened to me. I left a job where I had plenty of work for Landmark, only to find this out after the fact. I was furious. When I was hired, K told me that I would have plenty of work on this account. What a bold-faced lie that was. I logged in on my very first day to no work available and got maybe 7 or 8 jobs all day and it was like that pretty much every single day I was there. I think I stayed about 2 weeks. Thankfully, my previous company took me back and I left.

Was contacted by Labor Board - Rhonda

[ In Reply To ..]
Worked for them for about a year in 2012/2013. The investigator send a letter that she needed a call ASAP. Called and left VM but they never called back. I looked up the name of the investigator and she investigates wages and hours.

I don't know, but I was wondering - Curious Gal

[ In Reply To ..]
If maybe "K" bought LM or something like that. Has anyone ever checked? I started with LM when "A", the owner, ran the show. I had an abundance of work, things were very well organized and when work did run out, we immediately got another account with plenty of communication.

I remember when "K" got her new title, no announcement, nothing, but "A" stopped responded to emails, I never heard from her again and "K" was running the show. That's when I saw LM go downhill, FAST, and that is when I started seeing so many people complaining about them. It's kind of hard to believe, for those of us that knew "A" that she would put a person in charge of her company and let the name be ruined as it has and have so many unhappy employees.

I wondered the same thing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I also worked for LM under Axx and I know that I remember one single time that someone came on this board and bad mouthed Landmark. I cannot remember exactly what it was about, I hadn't even came on here and read it, but Axx sent out an email to all employees explaining the entire history of the former employee, how she had left on bad terms and how if we had any questions whatsoever at any time, she would greatly appreciate us to communicate directly with her and she would do her best to help us, rather than post in a public forum. It was not threatening in any way, just sounded like she was genuinely concerned about her company name and her employees.

I remember when Kxxxx took over too and it was completely opposite. This board started filling with negative comments and for good reason. When I started running out of work and would email Kxxxx I rarely even got a response and when I did it was a lame excuse for why every single doctor in the entire clinic was not transcribing that week??? I mean, I typed for an oncology clinic, you can't tell me every single doctor went on vacation and these people didn't receive chemo or radiation all week? That is what she would claim though, time after time. Constant vacations, bad weather, random holidays (that most hadn't heard of) and Kxxxx even claimed the doctors took off an entire week because of Super Bowl Sunday!!!

I finally did quit, or rather I just stopped working. After 5 years at this company, I just didn't log in one day and was never contacted again by them.

Exact same experience here - another former LMMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked at Landmark for almost 3 years and, just like you said, I had no real problems when A was running the show and I very rarely ran out of work. However, when K took over, things started changing, and not for the better. I started running out of work more and more frequently and when I would email K asking to take on another account so I could get my lines in, she either wouldn't answer me at all or would have the most ridiculous excuses for why my account was slow. I remember one time when she told me that it might be slow because of Boxing Day. Really???? Isn't that a CANADIAN holiday??? The hospital I worked on sure wasn't in Canada! It may have been near the Canadian border, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count! She also told me that she couldn't put me on a new account because she needed me on my account for when there was work. Ok....how is it fair to me that I have to sit here all day and night waiting and waiting for work and not making any money just because you don't want to give me another account because my account "might" get busy??? I could have easily worked on another account when my primary was slow and then move back over to my primary account when it picked back up. I guess that would've just made too much sense! K has pretty much single-handedly destroyed what was once a fairly decent company to work for. I finally found a new job and just quit and I never even heard from K. I sure hope the DOL is doing a very thorough investigation on them.
Same here - EXLMMT
[ In Reply To ..]
It's funny now, since I don't work there, but these holiday excuses were definitely a hoot! I remember once when my clinic was closed an entire week, according to her, for super bowl Sunday as well. And football season, WOW, this clinic I worked for must have had fanatic fans, because she always used excuses about playoffs, rose bowl, super bowl, on and on and on. I also worked oncology and I swear those poor, poor cancer patients. They had to miss chemo and radiation due to these negligent doctors. It is laughable now!

I would also ask for other accounts and same response...."I need you here in case this one picks up". Not fair at all. I even asked once why she couldn't hire the new people that she was constantly advertising for and give them the "watch and wait" account and let me have this booming one she claimed to have. I don't think I got a response there.
Same experienced as those above. On Linkedin - XLMMT2
[ In Reply To ..]
AH and CH (married) are still the owners. I think they lost interest and turned it over to K. One time, I had an issue when I worked there that required A's attention. When she called me back around 5-6p, she was out of breath, said just back from soccer, and all I could hear was the kids screaming in the background. I think A focuses on the kids, C doesn't do anything, and K runs the show-poorly! I was there almost 5 years too and it steadily went downhill each year, left in 2013.

I would not be surprised if DOL was investigating them for sure. They have a LOT of full-time employees sitting around and nobody makes minimum wage hardly, except K's favs.

The don't pay minimum wage... - SickNTired

[ In Reply To ..]
...among other things. :(

They probably do quite a bit of things - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Against the labor laws. I don't know all of the rules, but the practice of constantly hiring new employees while current employees are not even making minimum wage certainly has to be against the law.

I also worked there 3-4 years and had amazing checks, plenty of overtime, the MT dream. One day though, my work just dried up. Not a little over time, but in one day. I went from all of the reports I could type to seriously around 5 per day. I saw LM was hiring and I begged K for another account and she kept saying mine would pick up and she needed me on this one. I even asked if I could fill in on the new account while she got people trained and she didn't even respond to that.

So, I got another job, but held on to LM and typed the couple of reports I got per day, just because I liked the Bayscribe platform and had hopes that things would actually pick up like K promised. One day I went to log in to work and I was locked out of Bayscribe. I emailed K and let her know and she never responded. I emailed her a few more times and it had been over a week that I was locked out with no response. I finally emailed A and asked her about it and I then received a response from K telling me that my account had tons of jobs on whatever day it was and I didn't do them, so she locked me out. I told her I hadn't had tons of jobs in months and months, which is the reason I was CONSTANTLY begging her for more work. She never responded back though and it's still kind of confusing to me. I'm not sure what their gain would be to just make up something like that and fire me I guess (I never got a separation notice or anything), but I do know for a 100% fact that I didn't have reports not typed, because I did constantly check.

She didn't need you anymore. - IMANMT2

[ In Reply To ..]
whatever gap you willing must have closed itself off.

Similar Messages:

Division Of Labor Investigation Against Landmark
Apr 12, 2014

I just got a letter from the Department of Labor regarding Landmark. It states they are investigating to see if they are complying with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Included was a form to fill out. Should I fill this out? Will it come back to bite me  later? Did anyone else get this letter yet, and are you planning to fill out the form? ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Accretive Health (transcription Division)
Aug 28, 2012

Our in-house Transcription Dept was outsourced to them. ...

Division 1 Of The Facial Nerve Or Division I?
Jan 02, 2013

Ms. X about 10 days ago had an episode of shingles affecting division one of the facial nerve on the left side.   How is division one transcribed?   thanks. ...

Landmark Transcription In PA
Mar 05, 2010

Anyone with information on this company, good or bad.     ...

Landmark Transcription Out Of PA?
Jun 14, 2011

Do any of you work for Landmark Transcription out of PA?  I'm looking for information regarding work flow, scheduling, etc. please.  Thanks so much  ...

Anyone Know Anything About Landmark Transcription
Mar 07, 2011

Has anyone heard anything good or bad about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Got The 411 On Them?
Aug 27, 2013

anybody got the 411 on them? ...

Landmark Transcription - Very Disappointed
Jan 15, 2010

Was hired by this company for a large hospital new account.  Owner said she was excited about hiring 40 MTs.  There has never been more than a few jobs per day.  It is definitely overflor and there is not a lot of that.  Not enough work for even part time.  Very vague about any further work.  Am very disappointed.  Owner does not have a grip on reality. ...

Landmark Transcription - Good Or Bad?
Feb 16, 2010

Any comments good or bad on this company? ...

Landmark Transcription - Platform?
Mar 06, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knew what type of platform this company uses, and if they  are currently using VR.  Is there anything particular you MAY NOT like about this company or things you REALLY LIKE  about them?  I'd appreciate hearing about them.  Thanks  . ...

Landmark Transcription Any Experience?
Mar 23, 2010

Anybody have any experience with Landmark Transcription, good or bad? ...

Landmark Transcription Just My 2 Cents
Jun 21, 2010

I find it interesting that this posted at all, as when I was there starting part-time to consider full-time, supposedly my acct was "terminated" without notice. Now they suddenly have work?  I don't know....kind of puts the gut on alert IMO.  Just my 2 cents. ...

Does Anyone Know If There Is New Management At Landmark Transcription
May 07, 2011

Does anyone know if there is new management at Landmark? ...

Landmark Transcription Having Not Much Work?
Jun 29, 2011

I'm a newbie with Landmark. After reading the many posts on here regarding them not having much work, I realized I should have taken heed. Just the other day, I was logged in for almost 6 hours and only received 5 jobs! Anyone else have any similar experiences with them? Anything good or bad? I'd love to hear about some recent experiences.   Thanks so much! ...

What Platform Does Landmark Transcription Use?nm
Jul 14, 2011

nm   ...

Landmark Transcription Information?
Jul 15, 2011

Does anyone have any information about Landmark Transcription.  Do they have benefits? ...

Landmark Transcription - Any Info
Aug 30, 2011

Hi, anyone have any info on Landmark? Good? Bad?   Thanks ...

Landmark Transcription - I Think I Goofed
Apr 07, 2012

I think I may have made a HUGE error. After not reading and researching enough on site here I sent Landmark Transcription my resume. It wasn't until it was sent I discovered some of the messages from last year saying they are always out of work !! Just what I or any of us would need - sign on with a company who has no work. I left Soft Script because of that. Good grief, I wish I had seen all the feedback earlier. Live and learn I guess. ...

Anyone Here Work With Landmark Transcription
Jan 07, 2013

Anyone here work with Landmark?  Just want to ask a couple of questions.  I won't gab. Email me at scopekatherine at yahoo.  thanks ...

Landmark Transcription No Work ?
Mar 27, 2013

Anyone else get an e-mail this morning that as of April 1, they have lost a big acct. and we will have no work ?  Was basically told we could be put on a waiting list for other upcoming accounts, other platform.  Personally, I did not think this sounded very encouraging and with all the lack of work posts by others over the last few weeks, I guess I willl be looking at other options.  Luckily, I have work with another company and will try to get some more from them.  I really am tired of sta ...

Landmark Transcription - PA Pay Stubs
Jul 16, 2014

Is there a site or link somewhere where we can still get a record of our pay since we stopped getting pay stubs? Thanks! ...

Pay Period Changes Landmark Transcription
Nov 07, 2014

Landmark has been great for the most part until this recent notification of changes in our pay periods back to bimonthly.  Is anyone else just a little upset that we only get one week's pay for the first check of Dec. instead of usual 2?  We still only get the same check end of month for 1-15th.  Some of us have bills & will only get half the check.  I was told that no one else was too bothered by this.  Guess I'm the only one who actually works for my payc ...

Landmark Transcription Provides Equipment Or What Platform They Use? 
May 25, 2010

Does anyone know if Landmark (in PA) provides equipment or what platform they use?  TIA ...

Solid Information On What Is Going On With Landmark Transcription
Aug 17, 2010

Does anyone have any solid information on what is going on with Landmark?  I know they are doing layoffs, a friend of mine was laid off, but my account seems to be fully functional, no change in work status.  Someone said they they are closing and I was wondering if I should bail out or stick around.  ...

Landmark Transcription - The Owner Overhires
Nov 17, 2010

The owner overhires.  She gets very excitated about hiring and runs the business like a hobby.   She is a very nice lady but does not have a clue how to run a business.  This way why the recent pschy position was ignored.  Do not know if it was filled. ...

Landmark Transcription Part-time?
Sep 09, 2011

Hello.  I'm really needing a second job to make ends meet because of little work here lately and needing more money.  Was thinking applying for Landmark part time if possible.  Question:  Is this as an independent contractor or actual employee?  I would rather do individual contracting since I have my other job as an employee and would have a little bit more flexible hours.  Also, if employee, do they provide you with computer, etc.?  I looked at website but didn't find my answe ...

Any Pros And Cons About Landmark Transcription?
Nov 09, 2011

Any pros and cons about Landmark Transcription? ...

Landmark Transcription - Input On Company?
Mar 19, 2012

I have searched the archives, no real recent input on this company.  would be interested in hearing recent experience with this company, concerning work flow and whatever else ...

Landmark Transcription - Beginning To Have My Doubts
Aug 29, 2013

Hi, all- I am a transcriptionist (employee) at our local hospital and we were all recently told that Landmark was taking over our transcription department. We were given severance packages and were told that we would be offered positions with Landmark to continue doing the hospital transcription. None of us have heard from Landmark yet, and I was just wondering about anyone else's experiences with this sort of transition and just how smoothly it really went. I'm beginning to have my do ...

LANDMARK TRANSCRIPTION - Recently Hired Anyone?
Nov 01, 2013

Any MT's out there who have recently been hired by Landmark TS in Pennsylvania to transcribe for its new account? If so, what have you experienced so far in terms of management, type of work, etc.? As a recent new hire, I've found there exists a handful of dictators who consistently turn out muffled, tinny audio and/or speech that is all but incomprehensible. Yet, when I have pointed this out to the supervisor, she insists that I am alone in this complaint as QA seems to have n ...