A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DO NOT WORK FOR TRANSCEND (SERIOUS WARNING) - got fooled and burned

Posted: Dec 14, 2010

The offer letter and actual work I am doing do not coincide with each other which I consider to be a breach of offer and contract.  For example, I specifically asked if I would be editing or transcribing and was told that my position eventually would be half editing and half transcription by my recruiter.  That is one of the reasons I was so intertested in the position, as I have extensive editing experience and realize that this is the wave of the future. 

Later, when I was tried to obtain an actual start date, due to waiting on password and ID to come through for my accounts and working out my internet connection, my TL told me that HR is always telling people the incorrect information concerning transcriptionists and that this position would never go to editing.  At that point, I was very, very leary about Transcend and should have listened to my instincts.

My offer letter indicated that I would be required to maintain a $900 per pay period minimum standard. Since I began working with this company, I am not making enough income to even pay my bills, let alone meet this standard.  I expressed this to my TL and asked why I was not given my secondary accounts as promised in the offer letter.  I also told her that I run out of work because countless others are allowed to jump on whenever they have not met their own production in order to type and get their report count in on my primary account.

During my shift, I type the jobs as soon as I get them; still, I can still only average around 40 jobs during that 8-hour time period of time because so many others are typing on the acccount then, too.  I have no back-up account to type (as I was promised) so I run out of work.  All my reports are perfect and none have been sent back with any QA errors. 

It had already taken so long to get my password and ID for this account that my start date was pushed back several times.  You only get 5 jobs per day the first three days you start.   The secondary accounts should have been in place for me to train on when I started, but there is so much miscommunication throughout this company you never get a straight answer on anything. 

I am thoroughly disgusted with the entire process and this is definitely not the way a reputable company should conduct business.  Heretofore, Transcend can tell the others to type on my shift as much as they like and that I truly hope they all meet their production standard, as I won't be typing on it any longer.  It is my hope that these ladies get their production in and don't have to sign on at all hours of the day, as they ask you to do so vehemently, sending threatening emails to us that we need to have our email on at all times and be checking it for their SOS calls for help on the other accounts OR ELSE BE REPRIMANDED.  Don't they realize that we chose our particular shifts for a reason?  If we could be at available any other time, we would have picked that time to work as our shift.  As an MLS, you should not be expected to work 24 hours per day and be at the beck and call of management and their unrealistic expectations.  I was told I could not claim my entire 8-hour shift when I run out of work, which is every shift, and can only claim 30 minutes for every 5 jobs I type.  This is a third-world sweatshop environment that expects its MTs to be on for all the hours in the day except for the ones they use for sleep.

It appears that the system Transcend operates by consists of every other MLS working on the accounts that are primary for each MLS and every other MLS working on the accounts that are secondary for each MLS, round the clock, with such an influx at once that no MLS can reach her goal during her own shift.  Therefore, the MLS must be available and have her email turned on the minute she jumps out of bed, and during all hours of the day, to pick up more work when she can jump in there and get it because they certainly cannot get enough production during their respective shifts. 

******Also, we sit in front of our computers for the 8 hours and cannot even claim the entire time.  This "rule" that you can only claim 30 minutes per 5 jobs typed appears to be somewhat misleading and even illegal.  Each MLS works well over 40 hours and can't even claim the actual hours worked, so they won't go into MKM (which means you would have to pay minimum wage that each MLS is entitled to receive for hours worked but that they are not allowed to claim).******  PLEASE DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

were you an IC or employee? - just wondering

[ In Reply To ..]
cause if you were employee I don't see how they could away with that.

Transcend - very unhappy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told by Transcend that they are officially no longer employeeing IC after Jan 1, which was I was terminated. This had to be a PT employee status, especially since they are insisting on the timekeeping and the $900/mo minimum, all contractually required of PT employees. As for the rest of it, about par for the course, standard operating procedure at Transcend.

I don't get it. How can they insist you make $900 - if they dont give you the work to do so?

[ In Reply To ..]
Am I missing something here?

OP said $900 per pay period. That is full-time. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Transcend full time - Just Me
[ In Reply To ..]

Don't understand what the problem is.  I was making the $900 and more within the first week of being released from QA.  I've never had a problem with this company.

Making the $900 isn't a problem. Getting enough work to make the $900 is. - ??
[ In Reply To ..]
Didn't you read the original post about scrambling for work and begging for secondary accounts?

Independent contractor no more - ITaintRight

[ In Reply To ..]
I've accepted the part-time employee position as of January 1st. I am looking for another job, though. It doesn't seem fair to take a significant pay cut when I'm an excellent transcriptionist and have worked evenings and weekends for years. I have 20 years' experience. I wish I knew of a really good transcription company to work for as an independent contractor. I have a feeling this part-time job business with Transcend might not work out.

TRANSCEND REPLIES - THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO CAME FORWARD - got fooled and burned

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the comments posted about Transcend. It is through forums like this one that we keep others from being taken by illegal operations and shady businesses. I shared my experience so that any MT out there would have the information needed to make an intelligent decision about which company to work for. I will continue my quest for one that is above board and would appreciate any posts recommending some good ones. I am proud to call all of you fellow transcriptionists and we must stand together because informed decisions are the best decisions. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. Do your research carefully and don't let your desire to work at home cause you to jump on the first opportunity that comes along.

TRANSCEND SERIOUS WARNING MESSAGE POSTED EARLIER - got fooled and burned

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired as an actual employee not an IC. I, like you, cannot believe they are getting away with the way they treat their employees. All of you out there, please heed my warning and do not work for Transcend in any capacity. Look for a reputable company to work for if you want to work at home. There has to be at least one out there that fits that category.

Transcend - thought so

[ In Reply To ..]
Looks like some things never change - just get worse. Glad I closed the door on them.

Same old song and dance - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I never thought it would be possible for things to get worse. I see things have not changed since my departure last February. Glad THEY closed the door on me!!!!!!

Same thing happened to me - EX-TRANSCEND MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Your words are like a rerun of exactly what I said about Transcend. They were not honest, did not treat their MTs fairly, and I ran out of work all the time and I had 3 accounts, none of which produced enough work for me to make anything. I told them I was running out of work, and they did not believe me, so much so, that I was watched and monitored consistently, and every word I said, every e-mail I sent and everything else was monitored. They wanted to catch me so they could terminate me, and well it worked. It was their word against mine. There were a select few that were getting away with murder, had accounts and work prioritized for them, and my work was essentially taken away from me. They were cruel and vicious in the way they handled anyone who disagreed with them. They did not tell me they were going to terminate me until after a major holiday, because they needed the coverage, but come Monday morning after the holiday I was put in a conference call with 3 other people, who basically attacked me. I asked them if I would be considered rehirable and they said absolutely not!!. By the way, all of my work was good and I got high scores on my evaluations, but I made the big mistake of catching a so-called manager and TL in a lie, and well that is where the story ends. I would never, ever recommend this company, and I hope they sink to the bottom in the most horrible way.

Notification - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
The other poster's complaints correlate with my experience in more ways than one. I was notified I was terminated by email. At least you got a conference call.

Yes, you told me that before - EX TRANS MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I had posted this some months ago, when I lost my job with Transcend, and I remember you saying that then; well you don't know what I went through before I got this nice "conference call." I wouldn't even call it that. Three people were on the line, it lasted all of maybe 5 minutes and they did not want to hear anything from me, so don't think I got some huge amount of concern or care from them. Remember also about the MT Advocate in human resources? She had a lot to do with my losing my position also. At first she was all for helping me with my complaint, and then as time went on she pulled in the other direction, and finally basically fed me to the wolves. She is not to be trusted, and she admitted she came on here, and probably still does, to listen to complaints and to pull you in and make you think she is for the MT, when actually she is reporting back to management and then the MT gets in trouble. She made the situation worse, and when I needed her help the most she got me in more trouble.
that "employee advocate" is a real piece of trash! - agree
[ In Reply To ..]
The only one she is helping out is herself.

Whole thing sounds a bit like a pyramid scheme, doesn't it? - Doppelganger - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]

Wonder what region you were in. I think there - is one that is sm

[ In Reply To ..]
particularly demoralizing.

Transcend Services - Ex-Transcender too!

[ In Reply To ..]
My last day with Transcend was on September 30, 2010, and believe me I don't miss it at all! I worked for them for almost 7 years. When I first started with them I was for the most part happy with my accounts and my paycheck. Once editing was instituted, it was all downhill from there. I was told over and over that editing was easier and I would make more money, but that never happened. I sat at my computer many more hours a day working/waiting for work, and my paycheck kept getting smaller. At one point, they were very against sending work offshore, but now more and more work is being taken away from the US MTs, which makes me sick! I spent the 4-day Thanksgiving weekend with my family for the first time in 7 years, and plan to do the same for Christmas and New Year's, and I am paid for the holidays and I don't have to ask for it off or keep checking for work. Unfortunately, I don't think Transcend cares about their MTs, it's all about the bottom line!

[ In Reply To ..]
I do want to say that in the 7 years I worked for Transcend I had very helpful TLs/ROMs, except for one TL that became a ROM, who was not at all helpful and never returned phone calls, but she is no longer with Transcend.

Same experience - jo

[ In Reply To ..]
I just quit yesterday and had the exact same experience!

Standard Operating Procedure for Transcend - sm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
WHY would they give out enough lines to everyone to meet insurance requirements Transcend can save so much MONEY by not paying their share of the premium? There is a method to their cheapness...no work, no $900/pay period, no insurance premium to pay and MT can take it or leave it. The bottom line is MONEY in their pockets, not the MLS. There are some very devious people at the top of this food chain.

Or...maybe it's you? - happy Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
Granted, I've been there only 6 months, but I'm pretty happy. If I run out of work or low on work I just ask and get more work types or another account, usually the same day.
Could it be that your skills are preventing you from getting more work? Or maybe your attitude?
I know people who are happy there don't post here very often but I think they're the majority--otherwise, who works there? They are the 2nd or 3rd largest MT company in the US, and have hundreds of employees.
I mean, are you expecting perfection? Personal service and kowtowing to your every whim? It's a big company, why don't you try to work with them instead of trying to make them bend to fit your apparently rigid and narrow working standards.

happy Transcender - thought so

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep those rose-colored glasses on, honey. I have been in this business over 18 years and up until my recent experience with Transcend have been very happy with my choice of careers. I was an MDI-er and transferred over with the buy-out (what a lot of crap was flying around at that time!).
In order to succeed with this company you must agree to have no life whatsoever and I have found that most successful employees are single heads of household who are afraid not to work 18 hours a day to meet their production.
Maybe you will be the exception to the rule.
Yes, they are a large company - do you think they got that way by being honest and hardworking? If you believe that, I've got an island to sell you.
They also got that way by buying up other companies. - ex-MDI/Transcend
[ In Reply To ..]
Look at how many companies they've acquired in just the last 4 years. With every company they buy, they also buy the MTs with it...until they quit, that is. What really makes me shake my head is the fact that just about every other week there is someone coming on the board and posting that they just interviewed with Transcend or they just started with Transcend. Anybody else but me notice the CONSTANT turnaround of employees at Transcend? There is a reason for that. For every post about how bad the company is, there are always 1 or 2 posters stating they just started there and are happier than pigs in ****. The new ones are replacing the ones that just left... and the circle repeats itself.

Happy Transcender - - Happy ExTranscender

[ In Reply To ..]
You make it sound as easy as going to the apple tree with branches bending from their weight and picking off an apple. So many to choose from. So much to go around.

Why doesn't everyone just think of asking for more accounts as they will get something on the same day.

You must be on a number of accounts as you say when you run out of work you just ask. Have the ones they assigned you to been drying up?

As far as not having the skills required, unless the MT was hired through a merger, we did test and our skills were good enough then.

If by apparent rigid and narrow working standards you mean we don't want to scrounge for work (they call it flexing) and resent being expected to jump like a trained seal, I have tried it. Well, the scrounging I did but not the trained seal part.

Maybe it's you, happy Transcender! - very unhappy camper

[ In Reply To ..]
WARNING: RANT AHEAD!!! You said: are you expecting perfection? Personal service and kowtowing to your every whim? It's a big company, why don't you try to work with them instead of trying to make them bend to fit your apparently rigid and narrow working standards.

Maybe it's NOT me. Maybe it is the the general economic trends of outsourcing, the industry AND the MTSOs. I don't think that anyone who has worked for a long time to master the challenges of medical terminology, the BOS and all the nitpicky rules of when to space and when to cap and when to change cc to mL as well as all the meds and their dosages, labs and their normal values, as well as instrumentation, in addition to working accounts that are 85 to 95% ESL should have to be lectured to about "working with them". This in addition to all the new technology that we are expected to learn/master quickly. We have been outsourced, downsized, and made to feel that we are just fingers attached to a keyboard, as opposed to having ears and a brain in between the fingers and the keyboard, so that we can now be made technologically obsolete as well, but we're not! This is why the industry is calling it "editing", which sounds so much more important than "transcribing" which as we all know is about "verbatim" typing, i.e., "just type what the doctor says, except when you shouldn't". And now this "editing" is to be done at a lower cpl rate? All this at a time when the demand for documentation is so much higher, due to HIPAA regs, Medicare audits, and all sorts of new demands, and more to come, as a result of increasing health care regulation (read Obamacare). Don't even get me started about the crazy hours and what happens when JCAHO is expected to visit a facility.....

When I am treated as a professional part of the medical team, with specialized skills acquired through years of experience, then maybe I will be willing to "work with them". They have not shown themselves to be willing to work with me. All I have to show for all my years in this field is a pink slip and the door!

And the answer to the question of who works there when they are one of the biggest companies? Well, that's easy to answer....all the trasncriptionists who used to work for the smaller companies that got gobbled up and eaten by Transcend in mergers, that's who... at least until Transcend makes life impossible for them, and shows them the (revolving) door. It happens a lot (check the messages here) and yes, it could happen to you! Don't worry, if/when it does, you will find solace in this forum.

Glad that you are "happy". Hope that you continue to be "happy". My standards of happiness are apparently a lot higher and I am not willing to settle for worker harder, faster, better for 1/4 of the pay I was making 16 years ago!!

[ In Reply To ..]
Must be a response from a TL or ROM!

Sorry you had that experience - - tired metatarsal

[ In Reply To ..]
but I have to say there have been plenty of warnings on this board about this company. I left them several months ago and the stress that was lifted off of my shoulders was great. I can breathe again. Do I still work hard? You bet, but I have work, managers that leave me alone to do the work and my emotional wellbeing is ever so much better. Good luck to you in finding another position.

I can tell you from experience that the federal DOL is VERY - interested

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, am an ex-employee of Transcend Services who experienced almost to the letter exactly what you did. In fact, before I quit, I contacted the Federal Department of Labor regarding the issue that we cannot claim on our timecards the actual amount spent waiting for work. I was told that this is illegal and that any time that was spent reading their emails, researching physicians, medications, etc., printing out paperwork, filling out paperwork to be returned to them, logged into their system even if no jobs were available is considered working time.

The problem we face is that Transcend has a team of lawyers like an army to fight against us. Therefore, we MUST save any documentation we get from that company and provide it to the FDOL for proof of what their policies are as RELAYED TO US. These TLs and ROMs have a way of twisting what the actual policies are, of course, because they are well trained by upper management. They know what to say to get around legalities. But to be told straight up that we can only claim 30 minutes for evey 5 jobs produced IS illegal, and the FDOL is very interested in all documentation regarding this.

For all current Transcend employees that seem so happy there now, PLEASE save all documentation from them. If you do go on to have a long, prosperous relationship with Transcend, you among the lucky. There are several who do get the cream of the crop and who do in all reality have a good job with Transcend and are very happy. Unfortunately, they are not the majority. So, if you save all your documentation from management this is the best defense for the future.

For those who have recently left, I urge you PLEASE to contact FDOL with any documentation you may have regarding what is constituted as work time with Transcend.

Re: FDOL and Transcend - Hiphop

[ In Reply To ..]
I had the same thing happen to me at MQ. Lots of time waiting, reading documents, downloading, etc. unpaid for. Like the above poster says, these people have all kinds of lawyers. Document, document, document. They have made their millions on our back and mark my words, one of these days THE PORRIDGE WILL HIT THE FAN.

Hours worked for me too - tiredmt

[ In Reply To ..]
My experience is the same although I still work there. I have been scolded for turning in 8 hours when I had run out of work. I was told to check it every 15 minutes and if I don't and things pick up even a little I get an email wanting to know where I am. I do not get paid to sit here. I once left 30 minutes earlier since we had run out of work and I got in trouble for it. I have been told I only physically "typed" for 7 hours so I need to make up that hour. What? I sat here checking it every 15 minutes like you want me to but you now want me to continue to stay on another hour during slow work to try to get another hour of work. I had even offered to work an hour on a busier day but was told I had to do it the same day. I too have read labor laws where it states waiting to work is considered work time. I have claimed the reason my first report was typed 10 minutes after my start time was because I was going through the many emails I get, many of which do not even belong to an account I even type for and I was told that did not count as time worked and I was in essence "late" for work. One day I had computer problems and had to reboot and such and it took me 30 minutes and I was told to make that up as well. Excuse me I am fixing my work computer for my job but yet I have to make up my time for that. It is ridiculous!

One more thing - tiredmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Also, so much for flexibility. If you get sick or have a child issue better have a dr note even if it is only cause you are a few minutes late or need to take an hour. Better tell your child to go away when they come up to ask you an important question cause you are being "watched" and cannot be not typing for too long and better hope that poo does not take you too long either, lol.

When they call, let them leave a message. - interested

[ In Reply To ..]
Or let them send an e-mail. You can save the message and print the emails. That way you have documentation. The more documentation there is, the better the proof against them.

We may not have an army of lawyers, but with documentation we have proof that we're telling the truth about not being able to claim certain hours that FDOL considers valid.

I love the fact that - happy Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
...when anyone defends a company they "must be" management.
Do the math. There are how many hundred MTs working for Transcend? How many are complaining here? What's that percent?

Every company has negative comments, and every company has positive comments. EVEN THE VERY BEST COMPANY OUT THERE (whatever it is) has negative comments, I guarantee it. And EVEN THE VERY WORST COMPANY OUT THERE (whatever it is) has positive comments, I guarantee it.

Maybe it is based on region/TL/ROM, because I've never had anything like the above happen to me. Sorry it happened to you (really, I am--I wish everyone could be happy and fulfilled in their job and their life). I also don't get "many emails," just status updates and occasional notes. And I've never had a phone call from them or been told to be available for that. So I guess that supports the theory that it's a region-based thing.

As for another comment about how often I might run out of work, not very often at all. But with the recent holidays I did work on 2 extra accounts, 1 I've worked on before and another that had a lot of work. 90-95% of the time I'm on my primary though. This time of year is always short on work for our business, everywhere I've been in almost 20 years as an MT.

All I'm saying is it sounds like at least some of the previous posters are sitting and stewing and not asking for problems to be fixed before quitting in a huff.

$-wise, I get paid better than half my typing line rate for editing with Transcend and my old fingers are wearing out from typing for so long, so I'm happy enough with that. I've edited bad MTs before too and got paid much less for more work. I make about the same or more per hour editing as typing.

As for the entering hours thing, I've never been questioned on that, and I think it works to our advantage. If you need extra $, you can work a little extra (if you have work, although apparently I'm the only one at the company who does, according to this series of posts), as long as you put down 40 hours or less.

Have you ever worked for a company that would dock you (along with email and/or phone company from a manager) for staying in a report more than the calculated time allowed for it's audio length? I have.

Have you ever worked for a company where no 2 editors/QA people gave the same answer to the same question, and 1 would dock you for "fixing" what another docked you for (the opposite) the previous pay period? I have.

Have you ever worked for a company that their tally for line count never matched up with yours so your check was never right? I have.

Have you ever worked for a company whose software was so antiquated there was no expander, no macros, no spellcheck, or combination(s) of those things? I have.

Have you ever worked for a manager who backstabbed you and undermined you constantly while kissing your...face? I have.

Have you ever worked for a company that paid bottom dollar for 90% ESL accounts that no one else wanted? I have.

Have you ever worked for a company that your paychecks often bounced and/or showed up late (with or without lies/excuses)? I have.

Have you ever worked for a company that monitored your log-in time and cut you off at 40 hours, no matter how many interruptions you'd had that week, so maybe you'd only actually worked 20 or 30 hours? I have.

Have you ever applied to a company when you had 10 or more years of experience including several on the account they took that you're wanting to work on and been offered a rate less than what you started in the business at? I have.

I could go on. None of those companies are Transcend, however. So, maybe I've worked for a lot of imperfect companies and I'm easier to please. Maybe I'm lucky in my region/TL/ROM with Transcend. All I'm saying is, not everyone is miserable--and if I were, I'd go elsewhere!
yep your management (TL or ROM) - peacheykeen
[ In Reply To ..]
Just by how defensive you are I can certainly tell you are either a TL or ROM or from HR of Transcend. I am VERY happy with the company I am with now...straight typing work with great supervisors but I would not go to the extend you did on defending them. I would simply say I am happy there and I'm treated right. Your reply sounds like something that has come straight from a company meeting! It's really sad that a company has to be SO bad that they have to send their employees here to defend them. Maybe they should just clean up their act!
not management - loridrvr
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been doing this almost 20 years. I have worked for different MTSOs, and so far, Transcend, has been the most professional company I have worked for. Maybe I am one of the lucky ones who got into a great region with a good TL and ROM, with great communication, but I LOVE IT! I am very sorry for the ones who have had bad experiences, but for me, I think I'll stay a while!
Transcender - latebloomer
[ In Reply To ..]
I've been happy at Transcend for a number of years, have had good TLs and ROMs, accounts. I've not experienced the type of issues you are talking about, maybe I too was lucky with the region and management I deal with.
I counted 9 Have You questions. And you could go on? - ExT
[ In Reply To ..]
You mistake stating the facts with complaining. And as far as you working more than 40 hours and yet putting down only 40 hours on your time sheet, they must love you. A deceptive company loves deceptive employees as you are both on the same team. And team is a word they love to throw around.
6 mos makes you an expert? - me
[ In Reply To ..]
You are still in the "honeymoon" phase. If it works out for you great, but don't doubt those of us who have been ex-MDIers and went to Transcend when we were told that nothing would change, our pay, our status, no everything would be the same except our name....after about 5 years with MDI, I left Transcend within 6 mos of the merger. That should tell you how things remained the same, and I'm sure many other ex-MDIers will tell you the same. Good luck.
Companies you've worked for? - PT
[ In Reply To ..]
I just wondered if you would be willing to share with us which companies those were that were undesirable to work for? It might help those of us currently looking for work to weed out some potentially bad employers. Thanks :)

This is EXACTLY my story too - fluted glass

[ In Reply To ..]
I am looking for another job as we speak.

same here - peacheykeen

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit working for Transcend in October. There was almost always plenty of work on the account I was on but I had to work about 12 hours a day just to make my quota AND the whole time thing was wrong. My TL told me I could only enter my time worked as actual "fingers on the keyboard" and suggested I download a stopwatch program. Any time entering in demographics, researching terms and meds, sending copies to other physicians, etc could not be counted as time worked. So, by sitting at my desk 12 hours a day it looked like I only worked 4...that way they can't pay overtime is my guess...idk...but that company has issues...

to happy transcender - peacheykeen

[ In Reply To ..]
You are obviously management....
Transcender - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
I have never heard of the 30 minutes for every 5 reports? Maybe I missed something somewhere, but I have never had a problem. The only time I have been reprimanded is if I had done something wrong. I suppose I am lucky enough to be working in a great region and I am sorry for those that are having issues with Transcend. I , personally am not. No, I am not a suit or management. I just happen to like my job.

Each has their own opinion about a company. I have had my fair share of QA not being on the same page at a company. I have had my fair share of policy changes and have worked for a company that did not pay.

I'm actually glad to be working for a company that I can just log on and work and not have to deal with BS.

Similar Messages:

Well-got My Verbal Warning, Next Stop Written Warning !!!
Apr 01, 2010

I guess I'm possibly 2 weeks away from termination if I don't pass the next 2 audits.  Trying to look at it as a blessing in disguise :)  Never failed an audit in the over 10 years that I've worked for Medquist, or maybe I was never audited who knows.  ...

WARNING!!!
Nov 01, 2009

Okay, so I got a job offer!  Yeah, sounds great but the pay was at low level, but I kept my options opened and I said okay.  They do not use the standard counting and count a line if there is only one word.  I thought Wow that is strange but maybe the companies I have been for are more on the straight and narrow.  Then she told me no contract, just too much paperwork and a lot of "mumble jumble".  I thought okay odd but okay.  Then said told me it was on a trial bas ...

TTD--A Warning For All
May 21, 2012

Everyone please be aware that TTD is not someone you want to work for.  Be aware that you wait 6 weeks for the first check only to find it is short.  They are constantly hiring and advertising jobs.  They just laid off 16 people last week and now they have new job postings.  BE AWARE THAT THEY INTEND TO NOT PAY YOU ON TIME AND PAY WILL BE INCORRECT.  Amy and Dawn have developed a greedy practice.  I have a long list of previous MTs that have not been paid and the li ...

Warning About A DSL ISP
Mar 14, 2013

I had to give up my $39. a month wireless ISP to comply with client requirements. Had to sign a 2 year contract with the company "C.L." whose ads claim it's only $19. a month. The speed connection for that price is equivalent to dial up. By the time you really have the DSL you need you are up to $63. a month. I also had to get a landline which I did not need. It rings ALL day with wrong numbers and solicitors so is useless to me but I have to pay for it for 2 years. I got my bill on Marc ...

Warning
Sep 12, 2013

I got a warning from my supervisor because I did not get in all my hours ~ I am full-time.   I went through the procedure of work availability and everything ~ this was a couple of months ago when we got 15 minutes.   I filled out Remedy ticket to be released from work without pay ~ this was when we still had that option.   I think I was short about an hour and a half.   How can you write someone up for being out of work ~ when we have nothi ...

TAA WARNING
Oct 10, 2013

Just a warning to my fellow laid off colleagues.  I was sent for vocational skills assessment testing as a part of the process for TAA.  I mentioned to the interviewer that MT had turned into a minimum wage job over the last year or so due to outshoring and scarcity of work, and I was really looking forward to retraining and a career change.  The long and the short of it is that this was interpreted by the vocational assessment team as since I was working at a minimum wage jo ...

Rant Warning!!!!!
Nov 01, 2009

I have spent the enitre morning doing ASR on an ER doc who does not pronounce anything correctly, eats loudly and talks with her mouth full, yawns but does not stop talking and says things that make absolutely no sense at all.  I beg anyone who this sounds famiiliar to to email Support and ask that she be removed from ASR.  I have done half my usual line count today because of this horrid woman, and I can't even F11 because of the stupid limit!!!!!  My irritation factor is th ...

Warning To All About Keystrokes
Jan 21, 2010

Warning to all about Keystrokes.  I have had no work in a week and they tell me I cannot have a backup account as there are no openings, yet their website says they are hiring.  This first happened over the holidays which is expected, but they said work would pick back up in January.  I have never worked for a company that does not offer a backup account.  What a joke! ...

Proscript - Warning!
Jul 13, 2010

This is for anyone thinking of going to work for Proscript (I understand that they are advertising):   This is NOT the Proscript that was a great, great company to work for some years ago.  That crew was the old ddi crew and they brought the ddi corporate culture with them:  Fair to clients, fair to employees, and they valued their employees equally with their clients.  They would attempt to work with an MT to see how to get any problems resolved.  &n ...

WARNING: Scam Job Ads (SM)
Aug 27, 2010

A company called Global Marketing Specialist Group has been trying to post ads repeatedly.  They are NOT an MTSO company.  They want you to pay $165 for a "background check" and then they will give you a list of potential employers or clients.  They are trying to post more ads using alternative e-mail addresses such as gmsgtranscription@.   DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM.  They are not being up front with you and are simply trying to make money from you.  You shoul ...

Warning ETransPlus
Dec 17, 2010

A quasi-Federal employer. Thought I'd be ahead cuz the Feds will manage our jobs AND our health records someday soon. You have to get fingerprinted, get your background investiagated and pay for a retro hunk of foot pedal and then they short your pays. ...

Something Of A Warning For QA: If You Continually
May 11, 2012

incorrect things, we are going to ignore you.  I am doing that right now. ...

WARNING ABOUT TRANSTECH
Aug 13, 2012

I worked for them years ago and when I left, it was on good terms.  I just now applied to them and got a VERY rude reply of not hiring.  Now they are posting jobs?  Any company that is that dirty you should stay away from. ...

Warning/Heads Up To
Oct 01, 2012

If you have one of those accounts where they want all medication allergies capitalized, note that DQS 7.1 DOES NOT pick up all-cap typos/misspells.  This would include typos in the physical exam as well if the subheadings are all caps, but the medication one is more critical. Geeeeeeez.  Just when you think you're sailing along...   ...

Would They Terminate You Without Warning?
Nov 01, 2012

I am not able to log into DQS, saying my acct. is inactive.  I got an email saying to call my CCM.  I am kind of chicken to call her, not knowing it I am canned or not.  I have had good accuracy, line count, etc., so I cannot imagine they would fire me without some warning.  ...

Written Warning
Sep 12, 2013

If you have had a written warning, is there something you are supposed to sign? I have seen people getting written up and talking about signing, but I was never told to sign anything in Ultipro. And now it makes me wonder if I was written up at all or just told another lie! ...

Transportal Warning To All
Dec 28, 2013

I want to warn all MTs about Transportal.  When they first hired me, they sounded great (don't they all at first?).  A few days into it, they started calling constantly and making me feel stupid (I'm not...been at this for 20 years!) and they acted like I did not know what I was doing.  Anyway, they let me go and they are trying to charge me a training fee of up to $250!!  This was NOT in the contract.  Not only do they try to pull this BS, they also ruin your ...

Anyone Else Ever Get A Final Warning (PM)?
Jul 31, 2014

Just curious if anyone has gotten a final warning or if anyone has been fired from Mmodal?   I think I might be next...hoping if I do that I will be able to get unemployment because I am really trying to do my best but have not been able to pass audits for long....  ...

WARNING ABOUT WE TYPE
Jan 19, 2015

My girlfriend tested for We Type this afternoon and received an email advancing her to the next level of testing. They also told her that she would need to buy $300,000 in liability insurance. Also she would get their program for free for 25 days and then have to buy it but they don't say how much she has to buy it for. They claim that HIPPA is requiring all independent contractors to buy their own insurance. Between buying liability insurance, program, computer, internet, etc., the ...

SOFTSCRIPT IS AT IT AGAIN....WARNING,
Jan 29, 2015

No surprise, SoftScript just posted another manager position and another trainer position.  Please beware, this is part of the bait and switch game they like to play.  If you are hired for these positions, you will get a phone call a week or two into your employment informing you that you just are not the right fit.  Oh, but no worries, they will keep you on as an MT.  If you choose to stay, you will not be eligible for there MT sign on bonus!  Please, do NOT fall for th ...

WARNING---Rant Enclosed
Apr 06, 2010

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!! I am typing a 25 minute dictation and every 5 words I get "I'm sorry, please go back"...I'm sorry, please go back...I'm sorry, please go back  start rant... PLEASE FIGURE OUT WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE GOING TO SAY BEFORE YOU START!!!!!!!  I love typing a REALLY long dictation and only getting 1/3 line credit because you made me change 90% of what you friggin dictated!!! end rant... Thank you...I really needed to vent! ...

Fair Warning About WordzXpressed
Jul 15, 2010

I took their test for a QA position.  ELEVEN reports to type plus their written. I typed the reports, 2 reports had 1 blank, otherwise they were clean.  I get an email saying I didn't score high enough. I went back over each and every report, relistened and there were no errors.  So, just in case, I had someone else go over those reports and listen and she agreed with me, no errors with the exception of the 2 reports that had 1 blank.  That was a passing test.  This ...

**Warning: Job Ad Posts Pulled** (SM)
Aug 11, 2010

I have removed a few ads from the Job Seeker's board because they are NOT transcription companies but headhunter/recruiting firms.  They are using several different "names" and e-mail addresses, etc., such as "Excalibur" or "telerecruiting@" and are all part of the same group (Global Marketing Specialist Group).  This is NOT an MT company.  This company wants $150 for a "background fee" and then they will release your name to "several clients" who may begin contacting you t ...

Warning! Rant Ahead!
Dec 14, 2010

So my company is moving everyone from IC to employee on Jan 1. Pros: PTO days, insurance for FT, and they deal with taxes. Cons: I don't need their insurance. I want the "employer paid" portion in my check, which we won't get. Expected daily production went up. Level to reach incentive pay went up and not calculated daily. CPL rate went down 15%! And that's for standard transcription, not VR. Just in production pay alone, I'm losing $100-150 per pay period. Even wh ...

Warning Of Benefit Loss
Jan 05, 2011

I have only been getting approximately 25 hours a week.  Yeah, I'm broke.  Luckily I have a husband who works or I would be in a mess.  Anyway, they have emailed me and said I have to have minimum 30 hours to continue to have medical ins.  Well, if the work isn't there, what am I supposed to do?  So, I asked my team lead to please give me a backup acct.  So she has sent out requests to other team leads and said she would let me know if one replie ...

WARNING: Do Not Work For NUANCE!!!
Apr 20, 2011

OSI bought Nuance in 2011.  Since then I have run out of work more often than I have work and have lost benefits and had pay cut.   Nuance is recruiting.  WHY?  They don't have enough work for people who are already working for them. ...

RE: Nuance Recruitment Of MTs - WARNING!
May 26, 2011

There is very little quality work available.  The pay is low and the Dictaphone platform is not good.  You will get the bottom of the barrel MT work.  Even that will run out because Nuance overstaffs accounts.  I am out of work now and yet I got an e-mail offering a bonus for referrals of MTs to Nuance. It's not a good company to work for.  There are lots of smoke and mirrors offered by Nuance recruiters like bonuses that are impossible to get because of ...

EZ Eyes Keyboard - WARNING
Mar 19, 2012

I went to order my EZ Eyes keyboard (the one with the yellow keys and BIG lettering for those of us who are eye-fatigued and visually challenged), and by a stroke of luck happened upon a website full of probably HUNDREDS of complaints.  Apparently, credit/debit cards are being charged in some cases TRIPLE what the amount should be.  While I really, REALLY wanted that keyboard, I didn't want to risk my debit card being hammered for 2 to 3 times the actual amount, so I decided to c ...

Just Transferred To A New Account Without Warning.
Aug 22, 2012

My question is since I am starting a new account that I am not familar with will I get in trouble for getting MUP - make up pay. I never had make up pay before. To tell you the truth though I wish I would have been laid off instead. Anyways, TIA. ...

ACCUTRAN IN INDIANA WARNING
Mar 18, 2014

I just wanted to warn everyone that Accutran has an ad on MT jobs. I worked there a short time. This woman does not pay on time and you have to beg for your money. My 2 friends and myself had to threaten legal action to get paid. She does not pay for spaces, at least she did not when I worked there. Just wanted to give everyone the heads up and not have to go through what me and my 2 friends went through. ...