A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cancer Treatment Centers of America - Tulsa - Onc-MT

Posted: Dec 01, 2011

The transcription service company that had this account was great, doctors great, but the client has two problem employees that run the show and can make life pretty miserable.  They want you to go by the AAMT BOS, but have hundreds of exceptions, which they do not inform you about.  Each time you go by the BOS but it doesn't make them happy, they rant in emails with exclamation marks about how you have been told hundreds of times before, when you never have been told about this.  I kept all QA and double checked this.  I got fired because I was using two spaces between sentences, as I have all my life, and is still correct.  They had no rule against this that I was aware of. 

It is really a shame because other than the two problem employees, it was a great account!

For some reason - when some people get a little (sm) - roseinbloom

[ In Reply To ..]
authority...it literally goes to their heads and they become impossible to deal with.
As the old saying goes, A true person of great authority seeks to make himself small, while the person with no authority seeks to make himself great.

Better: Absolute power corrupts absolutely. NM - Scholar

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

I feel for you. That is just stupid, why not just tell you to put 1 space instead - of firing you, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I know that it can be difficult to change from 2 spaces after a sentence to 1 as I always type 2 and when I had to type 1, caught myself all the time doing 2. I think that is the silliest reason ever to be fired!!! It is a shame. Who cares about the spaces. I pull up reports with all kinds of stupid crap typed in them that people should be let go for but are not. Go figure.

1 space instead of 2 - been there

[ In Reply To ..]
Unfortunately, this is becoming pretty common, to use only 1 space instead of 2 after a period and colon. The clients don't want to pay for spaces. They want to pay for as few characters as they can get away with. Those reports look terrible, very unprofessional. But the clinics and hospitals don't care. It's all about the almighty dollar to them.

I will never forget.... - OldTimerMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Back in the day (late 80s I think) when we first went from hourly wage to line count at the hospital where I worked, someone in management (can't recall who) came into the MT area (we had no department, just a room in the back of medical records) and with a big smile on their face went on and on about how "everyone loves it on line count -- and you get to SAVE KEYSTROKES if you only put one space after a period!" There was no way I was doing that because I had been trained all my life (even in high school typing class) to place 2 spaces after a period. I knew that it not only looked stupid but was more difficult to read/not as easy on the eye. Plus I wasn't STUPID and could see right through the adverse effect it would have on line count.

Then, in another state and about 10 years later, working in radiology as an MT the exact same thing happened, almost the same conversation! They never instructed us to only put 1 space, but they acted like it would be "great for US." Talk about having your intelligence insulted!

I agree, hate seeing 1 space, looks terrible and it is harder to read. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Beware: Cancer Treatment Center - Tulsa
Jul 27, 2010

It should have been a red flag when the S/O stated that this client could not find reliable help, that every kept quitting or just not signing on to work when they were supposed to.  They use SR software which has been loaded bugs and developed without the input of MTs (big mistake).   I had spent days on tech support lines (unpaid) for problems even the techs could not figure out. Their manuals for the software were for previous versions.  They require hardware that cost me ...

Medication Help Breast Cancer Treatment
Nov 04, 2009

patient with lumpectomy then double mastectomy. Medication s/l ven-mo-fax-ine or fem-mo-fax-ine HCL 25 mg q.i.d. times several months. She will be on this for 5 years total. Cannot find or figure. Googled "HCL 25 mg breast cancer" but didn't find anything too close. ...

Cancer Treatment S/l Florimbucil And Prednisone
Nov 20, 2009

thanks so much ...

Colon Cancer - Diloda Treatment?
Apr 14, 2010

Sounds like Diloda treatment for colon cancer.  Anything?   TIA! ...

Prostate Cancer Treatment...please See Message
Mar 02, 2011

He will receive a single dose of radiation to this hip and then he will receive either ipilimumab versus placebo and s/l alba-immunotherapy.  TIA ...

Patient With Colon Cancer Receiving Treatment.
Feb 27, 2010

new dictator for me, very rapid ESL. Dictates that patient will be premedicated with s/l "Loft C" Thanks for any help.  I will probably be asking for more help as I go through this very difficult assignment. ...

Paraaortic Versus Periaortic Lymph Nodes In Cancer Treatment
Oct 21, 2009

This patient has prostate cancer, but somehow or other the paraaortic lymph nodes or periaortic lymph nodes are involved.  I have googled and found both spellings, but for the life of me I can't figure out which is correct.  "This showed a 1.6-cm retroperitoneal lymph node in the low pelvis anterior to the inferior vena cava suspicious for metastatic disease." There are so many lymph nodes in the body.  Even looking at an anatomy diagram, I can't figure this out. Help!! ...

Electronic Dictaton Of Tulsa - Or EDOT
Dec 21, 2013

FYI - -  if you are contacted and offered a job by Electronic Dictation of Tulsa or 'EDOT' as they are known - don't take it! The owner of this company seems to be a chauvinstic jerk and his company considered a joke in the midwest area, as are his transcriptionists (if you live in the area, as I do, just ask around.)  I have many years of experience and I was let go after a couple of days because his "QA/supervisor" seemed disinterested in ...

Rehab Centers
Feb 08, 2012

What kind of work do you think that would include?  Thanks! ...

Are There Any Schools Or Training Centers That Will
Mar 17, 2012

I've been an MT for 35 years.  I'm in my 60s.  Every non-MT job ad I read has "mandatory" skills I don't have.  I don't want a job where I'm on my feet 8 hours a day.  I have no money for school.  I could only manage a few hours per week in class.  Any ideas, anyone? ...

Outsourced Call Centers Return To U.S.
Aug 27, 2010

Nothing about MT but its a start. Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129406588&ft=1&f=1003 ...

In A Cancer Report, The Doctor Gave A Diagnosis Of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 Cancer
Jun 14, 2013

In a cancer report, the doctor gave a diagnosis of Stage IIIC T4aN2M0 cancer.  Then she later said, He was staged as a pathological T4aN2a.  She added the a and dropped the M0.   I listened very carefully for the diagnosis and later in the problem list.  She does not add the a after the N2 in either place.    Does anyone know why it is N2a in one place but just N2 in the DX?  ...

ABC News Tomorrow Night...call Centers Coming Back
Feb 22, 2012

Tomorrow night on ABC news they will be doing a special about call center jobs  coming back to America and people making $14 an hour, leaving outsourcing centers because America is 3.5 times more productive.  Tonight they did a segment about a light bulb company coming back from China to Detroit because its cheaper now with the Obama cutting corporate taxes for keeping jobs in America and there was a segment about EMR company that was in Bangladore or wherever coming back to America an ...

Gleason 4+5=9 With 1 Out Of 1 Cores Containing Cancer "linked" Of Cancer Was 0.35 Cm
Jun 30, 2010

Gleason score 4 + 5 = 9 involving 35% of the specimen, 1 out of 1 cores contained cancer, linx of cancer was 0.35 cm.  She says the linked or linx twice in the document.  ?? ...

SPi America
Jan 31, 2010

Is anyone familiar with SPi, does anyone work there currently? how are they, are they hiring??? ...

Anybody Else Here From SPi America?
Sep 21, 2011

No work.  No manager.  No info on switchover to Acusis.  Nothing.  Anybody else feel like they've been deserted? ...

Please, Please Given Information On DTS America....sm
Mar 15, 2010

I asked some questions below regarding DTS America and yet no answers.  I see there have been 97 onlookers.  Could someone please, please give me their experience, good or bad, with DTS America.  I am just looking for answers.  Ultimately I will make my own decision, but it is still good to communicate and learn of various experiences.  I have tested and tested and tested, and would definitely love to not waste my time with a company that is truly bogus.  I have ran ...

To MedTrans Of America
Mar 26, 2010

I was really interested in the position that you had until I read that you pay $.07/line with NO SPACES.  It honestly sounds like some great work that I would love to do, but unfortunately your pay is too low and doesn't include spaces.  Good luck! ...

Transcription-America.com
Oct 11, 2010

Can anyone tell me about the reputation of Transcription-America.com? They offer a training program if you buy their books for $60, and then their software equipment (foot pedal, software CD, etc.) for $495.  They claim everything else is free. ...

Anybody Else Ever Worked For DTS-America?
Nov 02, 2010

Has anybody else ever worked for DTS-America? ...

MedServ Of America
Nov 02, 2010

Has anyone heard from MedServ?  I sent my resume, received an email and have heard nothing else.  TIA. ...

Does Anybody Work For DTS-America?
Nov 03, 2010

Does anybody work for DTS-America? ...

DTS AMERICA - 12/07/2010
Dec 07, 2010

DTS America is posting for Radiology Transcriptionists, full-time, 2 shifts.  What is the latest with DTS?  ...

Transcription-America
Jan 12, 2011

Anybody ever hear of Transcription-America?  Is it right to pay $515.00 for "required software" just to get a job? ...

DTS America, TO ALICIA
Feb 06, 2011

I never run out of work, as a matter of fact, they call me almost daily to work extra.  I've never had any problems with them, I do my job and do it well and they leave me alone.  The only ones I ever hear from are the help desk, and again, it is always to work extra.  They often send e-mails offering OT for certain accounts that tend to get backed up quite often.  The pay is good and they offer incentive for both PT and FT.  Just curious, did you get a job with the ...

America's Pride
Feb 13, 2015

Anyone currently working for AP? Appreciate any info ...

Treatment
Feb 13, 2012

Patient is being treated for a brown recluse bite on calf.  Cultures were done that grew Bacteroides as well as Staphylococcus aureus.  She is on Bactrim and applying (s/l Draw Tech) to the wound. ...

Any Recent Info On DTS America? Thank You !
Oct 24, 2009

DTS America Line Counts
Dec 28, 2009

Does anyone work for DTS America and have problems with descrepancies on their line count? ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...