A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Burned out on job applying, testing etc. - Tired of the fight

Posted: May 10, 2010

Are there NO decent places out there to work? Just when I see something that looks like what I am seeking and want to apply, all I see is negative posts.  I realize that everyone has their opinion and just because someone does not like it does not mean I would not etc. BUT, there are always more than one negative opinion, and all cases that I chose to ignore warnings, I walked right into the nightmare, just like they said I would.

Seriously, is ANYONE happy where they work? Please tell me there is hope.

There is hope but one MTs pleasure is another MTs pain - HappyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Everybody has different needs/wants from their MTSO. I read negative things about my MTSO on here quite frequently and, while I certainly do not doubt another MTs experience with the company, it doesn't reflect MY personal experience with them, which is wonderful. I make a very decent living, always have work, communication is great, my account manager is a delight to work with, and I honestly wouldn't change a single thing about my position. For me, it's perfect.

Other MTs have posted just the opposite of my experience. I realize they are on other accounts and that probably makes all the difference in the world.

So, while I might tell you to apply with my MTSO, for all I know, you would be assigned for one of the apparently lesser accounts that doesn't have plentiful work or such a top-notch, efficient account manager. Then, I would feel horrible about directing you to them in the first place.

It's caveats like the above that make it difficult to recommend your employer sometimes, unless it's a very small MTSO where you're pretty sure on which account the MT would be placed and what the exact circumstances would be.

I wish I could be more helpful, but, as I said, one MT's pleasure is another MT's pain.

I totally agree - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for eTrans and they are pretty good, but their platform isn't the best, and you pretty much don't hear anything ulness something is wrong. This might be a blessing for some (straight typing, everyone leaving you alone) and a nightmare for others (no VR, fairly high line count requirement, no encouragement/pat on the back/how ya doin e-mails).

It really just depends on what your priorities are. Do you want to make more per line and maybe have hard accounts, or work on easy outpatient accounts and be bored, or straight typing, or VR, do you want to feel included in the company and have constant contact, or left alone to work and feel like 'just another set of hands.'

Very content where I work - old-timer MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There's good and bad with any company. I took a few part time positions at the same time for a while so I could choose a fit that worked for me. I had 2 part time jobs, sometimes 3 until I narrowed down my search. Took me about 6 months to settle on my current position and I love them.

Can you share.. - Tired of the fight

[ In Reply To ..]
Who you lucked out with? I just want to find a "home."

what company? - if you dont mind sharing

[ In Reply To ..]
i have tried 6 companies in the last 3 months to no avail!! I have 15 years experience.

Also looking for help - Good Luck

[ In Reply To ..]

@what company? - if you dont mind sharing

Since you are no longer at those 6 companies, would you care to share the names of the companies that are "less than perfect" so I can cross them off my list, as well.

Any help you are willing to give is appreciated.

Thank you. 

Similar Messages:

MD-IT After Applying And Testing With Them Recently?
Aug 10, 2010

Curious if anyone has heard back from MD-IT after applying and testing with them recently?  TIA. ...

For Everyone Tired Of Applying And Testing, Over And
Oct 25, 2012

Here is a website by a headhunter that is a real eye-opener.  We all know it isn't just the MTSO's who are jerking people around (they're just the most adept at it, that's all!)  For the past 2 years, I've come to believe that online job search sites and online job applications were hurting, now helping us.  Come to find, my thinking was on the right track: http://corcodilos.com/blog/5639/pbs-newshour-online-job-applications-keep-america-unemployed ...

Testing And Applying For Coding Positions
Jan 17, 2013

I became certified in September of last year and am still applying for coding positions. I just completed an 8-page coding assessment and I used the 2012 CPT and ICD-9-CM books I have now.  I am wondering if there is a way to find codes for 2013 to add to my 2012 books without having to buy new books at $$$. ...

Is Webmedx Worth Testing And Applying For? How Much Straight
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

Just Another Familiar Vent About Applying For Jobs, Testing, Etc.
Sep 22, 2010

I am thankful to be working for a company who provides plenty of work, easy platform, great QA, greats supervisors, etc., but the pay lacks, so I have been looking off and on for something a little better, again, pay-wise.  I received an email today from a company, who has had great reviews on this board, about testing for them.   So, I open the attachment and there are 14 pages in the written portion of the test, once that is completed and if I pass that, I then have to take the ...

Burned
Jul 13, 2012

I keep thinking about a thread from a week or so ago about minimum wage and LPH.  I remember I figured out in my state, 150 LPH is minimum wage up to 180 LPH.  Is is really worth it to bust my *** to get 200 LPH, if it only means 20 LPH more?  Does this make sense to anyone?  Is my logic or my calculations flawed?  It seems I would need to do considerably more than 200 to even make it worth my while to even try.  What's the point? ...

Used Up And Burned Out!
May 10, 2013

Does anyone else ever feel this way? Lately, I have felt so bored and burned out. I know part of it is because I lost a great account and on boring old rehab and ER reports. Plus, I am in the process of getting out of this altogether and going back to school so my mind is really not here anymore. I just need to figure out how to make myself sit here and pump out the lines to make $$$ until then. What do the rest of you do when you feel this way? ...

To Old And Burned Out
Dec 14, 2013

were you in Strategic Accounts? ...

Beyond Burned Out
Apr 01, 2015

Any ideas on how to get out of this, besides calling and quitting? I haven't got any negative feedback in a while, but I get the generic emails you all get about things being done wrong and you need to fix it... But they are nice and put "you are the best!!!" on the bottom o the email. So condescending. I am just so over this mess. ...

To Old And Burned Out: I'd Like To Join You For Lunch.
Sep 10, 2011

nnnnn ...

Burned Out Esophagus - Not Barrett's.
Jan 25, 2012

Burned out esophagus, not Barrett's.  TU ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

Applying
Jun 16, 2011

How long do you have to wait before reapplying for a job at medquist? ...

Applying For Job
Jan 10, 2011

Okay, this is somewhat of a strange situation.  I have been looking for a job in the field that I was in prior to becoming an MT 11 years ago, which would be a full-time position with benefits.  Currently I am IC.  I had lost my previous job due to downsizing and the office/company that I worked for basically closed it's Wisconsin branch except for a handful of employees.  I just found out that one of the employees at this small Wisconsin branch of the company that I use ...

When Applying For A New MT Job...
Dec 27, 2013

...and taking a transcription test, is it wise to type verbatim even if there are errors or try to clean it up? I'm an older MT and haven't applied in a while. I'd just like to know an opinion out there. I'd hate to not get a job because I "cleaned" something up when I should not have done so. TIA. ...

After Applying For Jobs....
Oct 20, 2009

How long should I wait after applying for a job before following up? And what's the best way to followup? Also, I'd like to ask what caused them to overlook my resume if that's the case. BUT would that just make me even more of a pest and make them Black-ball me?! I HATE WAITING!!! Can you tell? :) ...

Question About Applying...
May 25, 2010

This question applies to anyone... Do you apply for an MT position even if they state they're not hiring newbies? If so, has it made a difference or is it a waste of time? Thanks! ...

Considering Applying With Q.E.D. Transcription
Sep 11, 2010

I am considering applying with Q.E.D. Transcription.  They seem to be a stable company to work for from what I've read.  Does anyone have any experience with them or input?  Any info appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

MME's... Is It Worth Applying For?
Feb 11, 2011

I'm curious about the MME certification/position.  Can anyone please give some honest insight as to what the difference in pay is, what the testing for the position is like, etc.  I would like to apply for the position in 2 months and would like to know what to expect.  Also, once you're an MME does that open up advancement opportunities into QA, CCM, etc.?  Any information would be appreciated.   ...

Done Applying For MT Jobs
Apr 10, 2012

I need to write this for my own sake. I can no longer apply or test for these company positions. I am being rejected in one way or another by all of them. I have done this for going on 30 years. I can't take it anymore. It is so very very painful to deal with this. I think in my heart I have given up finding any MT position or any job at this point in my life. All I do is get angry, cry, throw things. Very very depressed and I get from friends is either God has something special for ...

Applying To Talk To Amy?
Jul 27, 2012

Out of 4 slots how many of those do you think will be given to MTs?  I wish whoever is applying good luck. ...

Applying For Positions
Jul 21, 2013

Does anyone ever simply e-mail a resume to a company rather than completing the long, drawn out application they want filled out when you click the link to apply?  I have 30 years of experience and do not want to spend time filling in information about every job I have ever had and why I left, where I went to school, emergency contacts, etc on their application, only to never hear from the company and would prefer just to e-mail a resume with a cover letter.  Does anyone ever do this? ...

Thinking Of Applying To TTS
Jul 21, 2014

I'm assuming the competitive pay is probably 8/4.  But what are their benefits like; cost, coverage, etc.  Is the PTO decent?  I've seen mixed messages on here.  Some are really happy, some are not.  Any info appreciated.  TIA ...

Question About Applying For Job .....
Jan 21, 2015

Is anybody having trouble applying for jobs on here? I have applied to like 5 different ones and am getting emails saying my message was not delivered for some reason? Anybody else having problems?? Thanks in advance! ...

Be Very Careful When Applying To SoftScript
Dec 05, 2009

Be very careful when applying to SoftScript.  They have many openings but I have applied, when through the testing, got an interview, but they never called and when trying to find answers they never respond.  I would be very skeptical of working for a company like this.  I also checked a little into them and found out that I was not the first one that this has happened to, plus getting work can be a problem and keeping work can be a problem.  ...

When Applying For Job, Is The First Question You Are Asked Are You
Dec 07, 2009

Someone in post stating was trying to be certified but seems to me most want experience rather than certification. Which one most applies? ...

Transcend Worth Applying For?
Apr 12, 2010

I know I've read somewhere on the board about this company but can't remember where.  Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.  I'm looking for steady PT evening work Sun thru Thurs (3-4 hours nightly).  More than experienced with over 25 years in the biz, university/acute care accounts, except radiology.  Thanks. ...

Questions Before Applying At Medquist
May 13, 2010

I need to cut my hours and my present employer won't let me. I can only work about 30 hours a week. I have several years of experience on DQS and am decent on DQS ASR. Does anyone know if Medquist hires for part-time, are there are any benefits for part-timers, and what are the schedules like? Do I get to set my schedule or do they? Any info is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Interested In Applying At Keystrokes
Jun 09, 2010

Hi there, I'm interested in applying at Keystrokes.  Does anyone know what the current f/t requirement is?  I see they are hiring only FT right now.  Is this according to line count or a set schedule.  Thanks for any info!     ...