A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know anything about MEDITASK of Austin?? - me

Posted: Feb 03, 2010

Hi all.  I may be getting a job offer from a company called Meditask in Austin. 

I have also heard from a company called Anarak, but not sure what's going on with that one.

Is anyone familiar with either of these companies or does anyone have any experience with working for either of them??

I would really be glad to hear from any of their current employees too, if any of you are out there.  Thanks in advance for any info or advice you can offer!!

Wow.. lucky you. - Job Seeker

[ In Reply To ..]
You might want to check the archives on Anarak. I believe there was something about low pay and only paying by black visible characters i.e. no spaces, but that could be old. I applied for Meditask but heard nothing even though I have 16+ years of experience and in the specialities that they requested so you must have had the right stuff. Good luck.

Well, don't know yet if they will hire me - me

[ In Reply To ..]
It's still only a possibility right now.

Who knows why they pick up on one MT and leave others in the pile. It's a mystery to me.

Like you, I have a lot of experience, over 20 years on the job, and though I have been applying for awhile now, I have only heard back from a couple of companies so far, but no job offers yet.

You would think they would snatch up old timers like us, but actually, I think they don't because they don't want to pay very much, and they know we won't work for peanuts (or will we? LOL!!!)

Correct assessment (sm) - long time MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you are correct that the companies tend to bypass the ones with the most experience because they want to pay less.

Re Meditask. I looked it up and I don't see that they are headquartered in Austin. They have offices in Houston, Virginia and some other state. I don't know anyone who has ever worked for them, though.

Re Anarak, small company, kinda flakey, work is on again, off again, according to some I know who have worked for them. I think they only have IC positions w/o benefits.
Thanks for the heads up - me
[ In Reply To ..]
I did look Meditech up in the archives and saw the confusion too. Apparently, it was one company that split into 2, I think. Who can tell with these companies!!??

Anarak does seem a little odd, so I will be cautious about them. The IC w/o benefits part doesn't bother me, but if they want to offer me peanut wages when I have to turn arond and pay double SS, they can just forget it.

I thank you VERY much for your info, longtimemt.
Meditask - TT2
[ In Reply To ..]
You might try reading the posts more closely. She did not say Meditech, which is a software. Wow !

There's another reason that's hurting the experienced MTs - Unfortunately

[ In Reply To ..]
From the inside I can tell you why the experienced MTs often get passed over. It's because so many of us have run into the ones who always did it that way for last company and if it was good enough for them, it's good enough for you, etc. Some of them do really lousy work and have been for a long time, but nobody ever told them that on the job they've had for 20 years. They can't take corrections and are ruining it for those who can. I know from experience that it's much, much easier to work with someone who isn't going to argue every single day. Life is too short for most of us to make the mistake of hiring on another one after we've been burned. That's the rest of the story.

Similar Messages:

MediTask
Feb 18, 2010

Is anyone familiar with a little company called Medi-Task out of the Austin, TX area?  ...

EScription - Austin, TX
Mar 15, 2010

Does anyone know which company has the eScription account for the St. David's system in Austin, Tx? ...

MD-IT Southwest Office In Austin
Jun 12, 2012

Any information good, bad, and/or indifferent.  Did a search and really can't find any information on this particular office.  I know they use the GEMMS system is about all I know about them. Any information you are willing to share would be appreciated - inquiring minds want to know! ...

"Perfect Transcription" - Austin, TX
Apr 29, 2010

The name itself with two common words and the shortcomings of our search engine make it impossible to search on the name as a phrase. Thanks! ...