A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone here ever worked for OptiScript? - Curious

Posted: Mar 05, 2013

Considering working for them and wondering if anyone has any experience working for this company as MT or QA. Thanx

QA rules are at the whim of the lady in charge. Sometimes it is verbatim sm - Left the Mansons

[ In Reply To ..]
and sometimes you are supposed to clean it up -- you're supposed to instinctively know when to do what. The pay is decent and the account I was on was not super horrible, but I never felt like I was totally sure of what I was doing QA-wise. They say they are like family but it is like no family I have ever belonged to (thank goodness).

Opposite for me--best company out there - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I have found them to be very fair and try extremely hard for consistency. I think they give everyone a fair shake and, although their standards are high, they treat their employees very well. They rarely have openings though.

I give them credit for that -- unlike many companies, they do not overhire. sm - Left the Mansons

[ In Reply To ..]
Just because the company was not a good fit for me doesn't mean it is not great for others. I just never felt comfortable there. Fortunately, until M*Modal and Nuance gobble everyone up, there are still a few choices out there and we can all find something that suits our needs. I found that I prefer being an IC as I am more productive working 2-3 hours at a time rather than a full shift at one sitting. I have healthcare coverage for less than I was paying for group coverage, plus I get to do a specialty that I love, and I'm paid once a week, which I admit has spoiled me. I'm glad you're happy at OptiScript. I did enjoy my chats with S. She seems genuine. Anything beats working for the big 2.
I agree. Flexible working is more productive. - incognito
[ In Reply To ..]
It is unnatural and unhealthy to sit and type for hours at a time. We are not machines. We will break down if treated poorly.
it's a trade-off - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I like flexibility too, but when you consider the extra Soc Security, payroll taxes, unemployment, benefits, and vacation, I'll work a schedule. The home office tax deductible in either case, but having my own liability insurance was a no-win for me.

Good company, mostly CMTs, so high standard to follow, I - DidthatMT

[ In Reply To ..]
worked there for about 3 weeks and then had another offer for in-house at local hospital and left, but wish I had stayed. Descent pay/benefits, computer they sent was a little old and rickety though. Overall, good experience, but they DO NOT have a high turnover, so if you can get a job there, take it and keep it in my opinion.

I like working there - OptiScript MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I too think they are fair. If I have a question about QA they are good about answering. I think they are generous in allowances for minor errors.

They try hard to accommodate time off, which is something I really appreciate.

Very very rarely is there low work, and usually it can easily be made up within the week or pay period.

They let you get used to an account. When they need secondary coverage, they get volunteers to take on more accounts. It is not forced.

Everyone for me has been easy to talk to and deal with. Been there 2 years.

Like it here too and I've been here 7 years - Opti MT

[ In Reply To ..]
More than fair and very easy to work with. They're one of the few good ones left. Somehow they got figured out how not to overhire and I appreciate that. Communicate very well, and even though most work from home, you feel a part of the team and know what's going on.

Similar Messages:

OptiScript
Nov 22, 2014

Inquiring as to whether or not OptiScript provides computer?  It seems as though many of the MTSOs are not providing equipment any longer.  Thanks in advance for replies. ...

OptiScript People....sm
Apr 25, 2011

Does OptiScript run out of work and, if so, does it happen often?  Also, what kind of schedule do you all work?  Does your schedule include weekends? Thanks ...

Optiscript - How Flexible?
Nov 18, 2011

Can anyone shed light  on how flexible optiscript in State College is?  I read on here how the unit manager will work with you if you need to change a schedule or need time off, but if you give an 8 hour schedule do they mind if you do not always adhere to it minute by minute or do they give you a little room to breathe.  I heard they have split shifts but just wondering how strict they are with the schedules you give.  TIA. ...

Optiscript 2nd Shift
May 20, 2014

If this is the "horrible" account mentioned earlier on the board. Insight welcomed.   ...

Optiscript-does Anyone Have Any Info On This Company
Jun 17, 2010

Hi, Does anyone have any info on this compan, good, bad or indifferent.  Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Here Work For Optiscript And Have Any Feedback. Nm
Aug 04, 2012

nm ...

Optiscript Layoff Due To Nuance
Aug 03, 2014

taking biggest account.  Two weeks ago, Opti lost their last Nuance-generated account back to Nuance, which was their biggest, and then let some MTs go due to lack of work, even if they weren't on the account lost (which is just a weed out process to keep only their best or those with CMT-which is not fair if you held up your end of the bragain from the beginning). This brings Opti down to skeleton accounts, (4 or 5) which usually don't have any work. TTS is the last to contrac ...

Optiscript Part Time To Full Time
Nov 19, 2011

Does anyone care to share that if you are hired at optiscript part time will they let you change to full time easily? I know they are a small company and do not over hire so I do not know how easily this could be done.  I am thinking of cutting down to part time at my current employee so I can work part time elsewhere and eventually just leave my current employee once I see how the land lays elsewhere.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :) ...