A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone familiar with Medtran or Softscript? - MT

Posted: Sep 22, 2014

Do either provide you with equipment?  Enough work, pay on time? 

thanks

I worked at SoftScript earlier this year sm - me

[ In Reply To ..]
They do not provide equipment but do offer a discount purchase plan through Dell computers as an employee benefit. They always, always pay on time, and I have even been paid a day early if payday happens to fall on a weekend or a holiday, though not always. As far as work availability, there are times of low work volume, just as with any other MTSO. Holidays, of which you are required to work some, have low work volume which is to be expected. Hope this answers your questions about SoftScript!

SoftScript - Liza

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for SoftScript for 5 years. They pay on time, have plenty of work, do not provide own equipment, although you can get a nominal discount through Dell. The HR staff is comprised of idiots and the QA department is very picky and audit monthly.

Hope this helps.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Familiar With MD-IT?
Feb 18, 2010

I was thinking of applying and would like to know if anybody has any experience with them; plenty of work or not, schedule, do they offshore, etc. ...

Anyone Familiar With...
Apr 13, 2010

MD-IT? ...

Are You Familiar With
Dec 15, 2011

a company by the name of dtsok (Digital Transcription in Oklahoma).  If so, what do you think of the platform they use?  It is called SpeechMotion (supposed to be similar to Chartnet).  I just started working there and now I wonder how an MT can produce enough lines to make it worth her while.  It seems rather involved and lots of steps to go through to complete a report.  Am I wrong?  Should I stick with it before I am really familiar with this platform or should I ...

Anyone Familiar With Chartscript?
Oct 20, 2009

Is anyone familiar with Chartscript? Is it user-friendly? ...

Not Too Familiar With Cardiac
Dec 30, 2009

Is is J-point ST elevation or J-point and ST elevation? ...

Not Familiar With EKG Readings
Nov 03, 2010

I am not familiar with EKG readings.  It sounds like the physician is stating the patient has "deep and lateral" ST depressions.  Does "deep and lateral" sound right?  ...

Anyone Familiar With ExecuScribe?
Nov 17, 2010

Anyone familiar with ExecuScribe? ...

Familiar With Medscribe?
Sep 07, 2011

Is anyone familiar with Medscribe? How are they to work for, etc.? ...

Anyone Familiar With ChartNet?-sm
May 18, 2012

I'm trying to learn it...no training provided by company.  What does "previous notes" mean.  I thought I knew but now not sure.  I have tons of questions but I guess I will learn as I go. Thank you. ...

Anyone Familiar With M*Modal?
Oct 16, 2012

Anyone familiar with M*Modal?  I was able to complete part of their testing and still working on the dictation part of the test.  Figured I better check them out before I go to all the trouble of completing the test.  I think I saw they were related to Medquist, but not sure.  Medquist is not all that anymore, at least that is what I have heard.  Any help would be appreciated.  I am in trouble of losing my current job due to EMR.  Thanks. ...

Who Are Familiar With Bayscribe
Mar 06, 2013

Those of you who are familiar with Bayscribe, did you find:  The spell check dictionary is void of many common words?  It also does not detect uncapped words at the beginning of sentences or spacing issues. The word expander locks up for periods of time so cannot create new expansions. It has horrible quirks that cause expansions not to work correctly (they just don't expand) , capital letters show up in the middle of sentences and do not cap where they are supposed to, and extra ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Precyse?
Mar 11, 2013

Is anyone familiar with Precyse?  I'm thinking of applying there.  Thanks for any info. ...

Anyone Familiar With EMDAT?
Apr 22, 2013

I may have a job offer from a company that utilizes EMDAT software. I am not familiar with it at all. It seems that it does not use a foot pedal, which seems odd to me. Any input on EMDAT would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance! ...

Familiar With This Platform?
Oct 16, 2013

Is anyone familiar with this platform? Easy to use and learn or difficult? ...

Is Anyone Familiar With E-Trans? I Was Just Offered A Job With Them.
Mar 19, 2010

Anyone Familiar With Breitner Transcription?
Dec 15, 2010

I am thinking of working for this company and I am interested in anyone's experiences with Breitner.   Thanks ...

Is Anyone Familiar With All Type In New Jersey?
Aug 18, 2011

Is anyone familiar with All Type in New Jersey? They sound like a good company to work for. ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Silent Type?
Sep 02, 2011

Is anyone familiar with Silent Type? What platform do they use? How are they to work for?   Thanks! ...

Anyone Familiar With US Transcription In Iowa?
Sep 21, 2011

steady work, pay, platform, etc. ...

Anyone Familiar With S/l Purpurea? He Uses It Along With Rhabdo.
Sep 24, 2011

.. ...

Escription Production Anyone Familiar?
Dec 14, 2011

Anyone familiar with Escription that can tell me how they determine production when typing both Escription (edited lines) and traditional transcription (standard lines)?  I mean I know what my line counts are for each but how do they figure them together to determine where my productivity really is?  Thanks for any help with this! ...

Anyone Familiar With The Medrite Platform
Dec 31, 2011

Is anyone familiar with the Medrite platform.  If so, how is it?  Can you use PC Shorthand on it?  Thank you for your replies. ...

Here's The Lingo - Sound Familiar?
Apr 12, 2012

Wow, new technology being introduced, and used to justify a  hike in costs to consumers - right, it's gonna cost the customer.  "Smart meters." Sounds like voice recognition techology being introduced, and used to justify a drop in pay to workers - right, the technology COSTS the worker, rather than benefits us.  Here's what the COURT had to say about Detroit Edison's evidence - just substitute in "50 percent productivity gains" - right, if that's not "aspira ...

Any1 Familiar With Powerscribe??
Dec 22, 2012

i recently saw a job posting....  ...

Anyone Familiar With FutureNet? (the Platform)
Jan 10, 2013

I have a new job using FutureNet.  This isn't the company, it's a platform.  I would love to know if there are any keystroke shortcuts since I seem to be using the mouse a lot.  For example, short cuts for spellcheck, speeding up/slowing down dictation, or raising or lowering volume? Thanks in advance!  ...

Anyone Familiar With Cardus, Inc In Michigan?
Jul 22, 2013

. ...

Those Of You Familiar With A Company Called
Aug 09, 2013

Encore, what platform do they use? TIA ...

Anyone Familiar With Chronicle Transcripts?
Dec 18, 2014

Interested in the good, bad, and ugly.  TIA ...

Anyone Familiar With MTSOA Based In Brentwood, TN?
Mar 04, 2010

Any info would be appreciated, both good and bad. ...

Anyone Familiar With Metro Transcription Service In NJ?
Sep 24, 2010

Not much info about them in the archives.  Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...