A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any pros and cons about Landmark Transcription? - pennyr

Posted: Nov 09, 2011

Any pros and cons about Landmark Transcription?

Good company but sm - good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
Very nice company BUT they overhire big time. You'll run out of work constantly. Might be good for a back-up account, but you'll never make a good living on this account only. Another con, you have to be an employee.

in reply to "good luck" - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Do you have recent knowledge of Landmark requiring employee status? I was hired as an IC a few years ago.

Also, as a general statement about "overhiring": No matter who the boss or company is, if you find yourself running out of work, you should ask for more accounts. If, after asking for more accounts, you still don't have enough work, you should ask again. After two rounds of that, then yes, I would think it would be time to start sending out resumes again. But you might be pleasantly surprised to get more work by asking, too. Also, keep in mind that the answer might not come by 5:00 p.m. the same business day. It might take a week or two, or even a month. I know that seems like an impossible wait, but on the other hand - if you just jump ship without asking, it will take several weeks to get "up to speed" with the new company too.

Good luck to the original poster!

i work there now sm - good luck

[ In Reply To ..]
Was hired as an employee. No IC available. No, I have not asked for an additional account, because I'm working 2 jobs right now. I really like Landmark, but if I find another job with more work, I'll leave.

Thank you for your post--It was very well put.

As an employee, they HAVE to pay you. sm - TiredOldMT

[ In Reply To ..]
As an employee, if the work runs out and you're on the clock the company is REQUIRED BY LAW to pay you minimum wage. That is one benefit of being an employee over an IC.

Hmmm, well that doesn't happen. I am am employee with LM - Interesting!

[ In Reply To ..]
and run out of work almost every day, at lesat 3-4 times a week for sure. I only get paid for line production. However, I have heard that they are supposed to pay you if an employee-Hmmmm!
LANDMARK - ANON
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for Lardmark as well. These are great people. This is not my primary account so I do not fret too much about the lack of work. About being paid even if you are not typing, you have to be required to be at the computer i.e. your schedule is set in stone whether there is work or not. I have learned this from my primary account which is also employee status. If this account runs out of work they will just tell you to log out and check back later.
Landmark - Knitter
[ In Reply To ..]
I also work for Landmark and love it. I have never met kinder or more honest people. So what if I have to flex my schedule a bit once in a while? I will not complain. I used to work for MQ (which was like working in hell) and I appreciate working for people who treat their MTs well.
Landmark - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I do agree. I love Landmark. The people are so nice, questions answered almost immediately and nicely! (My other MTSO could sure use a lesson from Landmark, they are rude, inconsistent, and might answer a question within 24 hours if lucky.) I wish there was enough work to go full time, but I too will flex my schedule around work available.
Agreed-LM is a nice place to work if it - HappyLMer
[ In Reply To ..]
isn't your primary income. Their accounts run out of work frequently. I also agree that they are very nice people to work for and are trustworthy, something that is very rare these days. Just don't quit your day job and you will be just fine at LM.
It all depends on your account - like with any company
[ In Reply To ..]
I work for LM full time and they are my only source of income and I do great with them.

They are like any other MTSO out there - they have to meet TAT and hire/staff with an eye towards that and sometimes accounts run out of work whether because of something the client is doing or because of staffing by the MTSO. There is no getting around that wherever you go.

If you consistently run out of work, then bug your team lead for more. I see ads from LM periodically so I know they need people from time to time.
Happy at Landmark! - Health Conscious
[ In Reply To ..]
I too am happy at Landmark. I have worked for other companies that are "so-so" - the grass isn't always greener, but Landmark is definitely the best place I have ever worked at. I always have work, the people I work with are great and very helpful. I am happy with Landmark.
Landmark - Christina
[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked at Landmark for a while, and am just now regretfully leaving. I love the company, but just not enough work, and I have asked for more accounts. They give them to me for a day or two and then take them back. However, the people are nice and it is a good company. I would just agree not great for an only income.

Similar Messages:

Pros/cons To DIT Transcription? 
Dec 01, 2010

Hey does anyone know of any pros/cons to DIT transcription?  Got an e-mail that they want to take their test but not sure about it.  I have been burned a few times from other places and don't want to fall into another trap....and not get my money.   Thanks! ...

Proscript Transcription Pros And Cons, Anyone Please.
Aug 05, 2014

Line requirement per hour?  If subcontractor, what is pay per line?  If employee, how are benefits, 401K?  What is QA penalty and quality expectation?  Thanks so much. ...

Pros And Cons
Jan 13, 2013

So I'm a bit stuck and not sure which way would be best... hoping you all can help. Putting aside cost and time to complete, what are some other pros and cons of going for CPC/CCS first instead of an RHIA and vice versa? ...

Can Anybody Tell Me Pros And Cons To
Jan 09, 2015

being a prn employee? I have an upcoming interview at a hospital for an MT job. The job is not through a staffing/employment agency. Who ever gets the job will be an actual hospital employee but will not get any benefits (one disadvantage). I wonder how it works when you want to take vacation (how much notice needs to be given) or if you have to give a two-week notice when you quit. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! ...

Pros, Cons Of...
May 26, 2015

Looking into Southern Type.  Do they pay on time, how many undecipherable dictators, management easy to deal with, etc.  TIA ...

Emdat - Pros And Cons
Dec 30, 2009

does anyone work on the emdat system and if so, pros and cons please ...

ATTN QAs ONLY: Can You Tell Me Pros And Cons
Oct 15, 2010

Or hypothetically speaking if you are a QA who works on Dictaphone EXEditor, paid $16 per hour, full-time with potential for overtime most weeks. I have been with this company for 6 years. Love it.  Great management/office staff. I have been offered a QA position, but want to know opinions from fellow QAers before accepting what you like or dislike about QAing, the work itself.  Is this a good gig? ...

Futurenet? Pros Or Cons?
Oct 20, 2010

Can anyone tell me how their workload is here and any other pros or cons? ...

Pros And Cons Of IC Vs. Employee
Oct 20, 2011

Just wondering what the pros and cons of IC status vs. employee status are? If you could be one or the other, which would you prefer and why? ...

WebScribe Pros And Cons, Please
Dec 29, 2011

Okay, you'll probably tell me to look in Archives.  Anyway, anyone familiar with WebScribe?  And how about their Crescendo CPSI MDInTouch?  Thanks.  ...

Inscribe - Any Pros Or Cons?
Jan 05, 2012

I'm looking for a new company as my account is being outsourced. Is Inscribe worth the testing time? ...

Nuance Pros And Cons
Feb 25, 2012

I read some minor cons, some minor pros.  I'm getting the feeling since the company is not being bashed heavily, that there are MTs who are surviving working for them.   Content people- What do you like about it? Discontented people - What do you find lacking? Request:  Please don't turn this into an argument with each other because you disagree with another poster's experience.  Just tell me YOUR experience, pretty please? ...

Nuance - Pros/Cons
Jun 18, 2012

Can anyone give me information about Nuance.  Pros and cons.  Any information that can be provided will be much appreciated! Thanks Jayz! ...

SoftScript-pros, Cons?
Nov 09, 2012

I have read so many pros and cons. Running out of work (that's a problem I have right now). I would love to hear from those who have been at SoftScript for longer than just a few months-maybe a year or more. Are you still happy? Do you still have work everyday? I can't take much more working till midnight just to get enough lines in and time in to pay my bills. I just want to do my job in a decent time frame and get some sleep. There's no such thing as a perfect company-they all h ...

Pros And Cons For Nuance
Jun 05, 2013

I am thinking of switching over to Nuance and would appreciate any and all advise I can get. Please let me know your experiences both good and bad. Hate starting w/someone new. Thanks. ...

Synernet - Pros, Cons
Aug 31, 2013

pros, cons. ...

Weighing The Pros And Cons
Jul 16, 2014

I was wondering if I could get some input on working for Nuance.  Are they trustworthy? Do you run out of work?  How is the platform Dicatphone Extext?  Currently work for MModal and trying to decide if this would be a good change or bad. Thanks for your help! CURIOUS ...

Anyone Using ChartNet? Pros? Cons?
Oct 31, 2014

s ...

Can Someone Tell Me The Pros And Cons Of M*Modal.?
Jan 11, 2015

I used to work for Medquist for about 15 years or so...I left the company in 1995.  Can anytime tell me how they have changed...pay rates, etc.  Do you have to work as employee or IC?  Need equipment? I need all the information I can get is someone would be so kind as to fill me in.  What type of platform do they use?   Thanks in advance.  ...

Synernet - Pros/cons??
Mar 17, 2015

Looking for pros/cons of Synernet - who's in the know? ...

PROS Versus CONS...Is It Worth It?
Nov 09, 2010

Do you think, with the current state of affairs with the MT industry, that it would be worth trying to start a transcription company?  I'm torn.  The only reason I would want to start a transcription company is to try to make what I use to make.  I don't love being an MT, at least not anymore.  In fact, I am growing to despise it.  The thing is, I am a damn good MT, not that you would know it from looking at my paychecks since the big switch to VR and downgrade ...

What Are The Pros/cons Of Being Paid By The Hour
Jan 01, 2011

I am a newer mt and was just wondering what are the pros and cons of being paid by the hour versus by the line?   TIA ...

M*Modal Or Nuance? Pros And Cons?
Sep 19, 2012

. ...

Word Expanders, Pros And Cons
Feb 27, 2013

I am getting a new computer with Windows 7 and would like to know what word expander programs a person would find simple, minimal learning curve, pros and cons and what is out there. I have always used autocorrect, but feel with a MT expander would increase my production better.  Any advice, what to stay away from and what do you like about it or not? ...

Pros And Cons Of The Medrite Platform
Apr 15, 2013

Would like to hear pros and cons of the Medrite platform.  Have not heard of this one before, so anything you have to say about it would be appreciated.  Thank you. ...

AccuTran - Pros/cons, Experience?
May 09, 2013

Hello! Just got an offer from them. Pros/cons, experience? ...

Pros And Cons Of IC Versus Employee ??
Jan 02, 2015

x ...

Does Anybody Know The Pros/cons Of Having An External Hard Drive?
Jan 23, 2015

Any Current Focus Employees? Pros, Cons, Good, Bad Comments?
Nov 17, 2010

Is there work?  Do they pay on time?  Any comments on overall experience there would be appreciated.  ...

Landmark Transcription In PA
Mar 05, 2010

Anyone with information on this company, good or bad.     ...