A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

4 different accts, 8 hospitals, no work - Getting scary

Posted: Feb 05, 2015

TT IMEDX

Same here... - If I do not get some

[ In Reply To ..]
answers today I will be filing for UE this week. I knew the MTSO world was full of backstabbers, thieves, liars and cheats, but this place really has taken the prize!

And no answers...really sorry excuses - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Too Many Accts!!!
May 27, 2011

Only done 11 jobs this morning, but on 6 different hospitals!  How are we ever supposed to gain a rhythm? ...

Starting New Accts
Jul 01, 2010

I was just wondering how hard is it to find new accounts in order to do medical transcription out of your home?  Just about anyone that I have contacted has the new EMR or they already have someone doing their transcription. ...

Are All WMX's Accts On Enterprise?
May 23, 2011

Any on Meditech or something else? ...

Webmedx Accts To Medquist
Sep 02, 2010

I think it is a shame that the accounts lost were both to Medquist - the company that screwed the MTs with line counting and pay and screwed its customers by cheating them out of millions of dollars (see Kaiser settlement of $2 million dollars last week).  These accounts are going off shore with lesser skilled labor and quality.   What is ironic is that while MedQuist continues to shrink in revenue growth from quarter to quarter, they will still pick off a few accounts from hospitals ...

What Companies Have Accts That Use Dictaphone? Nm
Nov 11, 2010

nm ...

Transcend Peds Accts
Feb 07, 2011

For those working on the Transcend Peds accounts, especially the newest one, are you finding enough work to fill your shift? ...

How Many Transcend MLS Are Off Primary Accts
Nov 19, 2012

to make my production now and don't know what to think.  What is going on here?   Is this going to be the new trend?  Impossible to get a straight answer and my gut is telling me this just the beginning.  Should I be looking for a new job? ...

Charging On Personal Accts
May 29, 2013

Okay, I am still a bit confused.  I admit I have been spoiled by being an IC for years.  I have a chance to pick up a couple of side accounts, but after talking to them they just think they can dictate into something at my home and I will magically be able to hear their dictation. I am totally not well versed with all these computer programs.  Can someone explain to me whether it would be worth getting some kind of program to be able to do this?  It seems costly to be able to ...

What's The Word On Landmark Oncology Accts
Apr 05, 2012

I see they are advertising for oncology but thought I read recently there was no work. Anyone currently work there that can shed some light on the subject? ...

Rotating Seamlessly And Effortlessly Between Accts
Apr 16, 2012

Well, good luck with that. If my regular accounts are out of work (because some other MTs seamlessly and effortlessly rotated on and it's all caught up), great. I'm at my scheduled post Monday morning and I'm expected to seamlessly and effortlessly rotate to an unknown, unfamiliar account. I'm expected to spend my time reading the exhausting and incredibly detailed acct specs for this new account, and produce. Have any of you *decision makers* actually sat and read any of t ...

Nuance - Bayscribe Accts LOW VOLUMES
May 05, 2014

It used to be January was a slow month on Transcend/Nuance Bayscribe accts but for the last 3 months the work has been nearly invisible.  They want you to make the LPH, and hour hours, but the work is not there.  I anyone else seeing this?  What have you heard from your TSM.  Worried! ...

VA Hospitals
Mar 11, 2010

Has anyone ever transcribed for a VA Hospital? If so, would you mind telling me likes versus dislikes, similarities versus differences? I have 17 years of acute care experience but was wondering if VA Hospitals had any major differences. Thank you. ...

Who Has The 500 Plus Bed Hospitals?
Jun 08, 2014

Bored to friggin death with the little op notes from small hospitals.  Used to work for a large one out of California and there was never a dull moment with the dictation from that facility.  Stupid me.. I moved on when that company was bought out.  Should have stuck it out for the account alone. ...

Why Don't Hospitals . . .
Aug 22, 2014

. . . and larger medical facilities hire disenfranchised MLS to dictate their doctors notes instead of sleep deprived nurses and residents who can't put 2 words together???  I'm not saying all RNs and residents dictate poorly, but in my experience a huge proportion leave a lot to be desired.   What with the doctor and nurse shortage, doesn't it make sense to utilize the MLS' command of medical language?   It would free up the nurses for nursing, the ...

Hospitals/outsourcing
Oct 15, 2010

Currently, I have a FT job w/a very large hospital, actually multiple hospitals combined.  We all once worked in the office; however, they sent us all home to work.  There are about 130 hospital transcriptionists.  We also outsource a lot of work to a large company.  There have been so, so many changes - everything from new management, VR, pay for production.....Communication amongst co-workers has disappeared.  Management doesn't respond.  I'm really wond ...

And Of Course The Hospitals Know It Is A Holiday. Sm
Apr 21, 2011

An the NJA games begin.....   South NJA.  Any other regions NJA?  How can we get other work if there is NJA everywhere?  ...

Nuance Ad Says 90% Of US Hospitals. Sm.
Jul 10, 2012

Has anyone looked at the latest Nuance ad on the Job Seeker's Board?  Note, this ad claims they now have 90% of the hospitals in the US as customers.  90%! I wonder if this is correct.   ...

Do You Think MTSOs/hospitals Keep An MT
Jul 23, 2012

I've been applying and applying for every in house MT job that comes along in my area.  I have the skills, I have the experience, and all that.  Even for jobs where I would have been a perfect fit, I'm always passed over.   Although I'm applying for in house, I realize that many of them also have outside vendors for overflow, or did in the past, and are transitioning back to in house.  For quite some time, I've had a suspicion that one bad-apple ...

5 Hospitals No Work...Is This Normal?
Jan 05, 2010

I'n new to working from home, only 3 months now, but have been a transcriptionist for 6 years.  The company I work for has me on 5 different hospital accounts.  They are all rehabilitation hospitals (acute) and do H&P, discharge summaries, daily notes, consultations, etc and I am constantly out of work.   Some days I have no work at all.  Pay is 0.0775 line except headers/footers.  Is this normal?  Each hospital is at least a 50 bed hospital.  I f ...

What Happened To The Thread On The V.A. Hospitals?
Mar 12, 2010

There were some postings on V.A. Hospitals here just yesterday.  Why are they gone?  There were comments about companies that had contracts with the V.A.  Why are they missing?  Does anyone know what is going on?  Are our comments being censored?  Need to know. ...

Golden Opportunity For Hospitals Right Now!
Nov 11, 2010

As we all know, thanks to the way most MTSOs operate, there is currently a glut of experienced, talented, highly-qualified MTs who are looking for something better than just a chickenfeed job at a national.       Some hospitals have begun to question the quality of work they're getting back from the nationals (and the HIPAA compliance), since ever-increasing amounts of the work those nationals have is getting offshored.    & ...

Does Anyone Out There Work For VA Hospitals/clinics?
Jul 18, 2011

Hello! :)  I've noticed a HUGE drop in work flow mid-Nov through mid-April and was just curious if others notice that too.  Is it just VA or is it b/c of the time of year and everyone goes south?!?  I LOVE working for this company, but it has gotten so "hot and cold" over the past 2 years.  I would love to remain working on VA accounts, but I need more consistent work throughout the year.  Any tips? ...

Question About Teaching Hospitals
Jul 08, 2011

I have a questions for the MTs who are currently working on teaching hospitals.  How do you like them and what do you feel the pros and cons are with them? ...

The Hospitals I Work For Are Going Over To Nuance -
Apr 27, 2012

I've been an IC for almost ten years, and just found out that the hospitals I work for are going to be outsourced to Nuance.  It probably won't happen for a while - they're are still in the very beginnings of transition.  When it happens we will be given the option of staying on as employees of Nuance.   From the posts I've seen on the Main Board this scares me a little bit.  I guess I would like to get the inside scoop of whether I want to work for ...

Does Anyone On Here Work For Any Of The Hospitals In Oakwood, MI. Nm
Aug 29, 2012

nm ...

What Do Hospitals Deem Important?
Oct 06, 2012

My friend works for a local hospital that I used to work for.  That institution just recently outsourced their MT department to Nuance. The hospital has hired a "Life Coach" to direct their "Learning and Development" department.  They have announced that the L&D section will be "massively expanding" in the near future.  Their mission is to come up with new worthless slogans (like they one they had in place when I worked there) to put on posters plastered all over the hospital ...

Any Hospitals That Still Hire Transcriptionists
Feb 19, 2013

Does anyone know of any hospitals that still hire transcriptionists? Please help if so...Thanks! ...

Reputable Accounts/Hospitals
Mar 01, 2014

We just lost one of the most respected hospitals in the country to EPIC.  I have a phobia about working on disreputable accounts -- the kind that hire non-English-speaking physicians who prey on old, senile, demented individuals and do consult after consult after consult.  The physicians speak little to no English and in my opinion it is all an insurance scam that the disreputable hospitals happily participate in.  Now I have no choice but to be a hippocrit and work on these types ...

I Emailed The Hospitals I Used To Work For
Dec 04, 2014

I may not hear back from them, but it made me feel better just doing it. ...

Why Don't MTSOs And Hospitals Get Together And Have BOS Specifics For All Accounts?
Nov 07, 2009

Have been pondering this a lot lately.  Why would the hospitals and MTSOs not want to all have the same specifics so MTs could concentrate on providing an accurate report based on BOS that would then allow all healthcare providers to recognize a standard for their records?  I am so tired of switching to a new account or my backup account and having to change gears to comply with different specifics.  I have one account now that we are told to literally "might as well thr ...