Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 43)

Wish I Could Agree - Pipe Dream

Posted: Sep 26th, 2022 - 7:55 pm In Reply to: I don't think MT is dead yet -Devil's Advocate - JM

I must have started as an MT around the same time as you. I remember typewriters, Liquid Paper and carbon copies. Our first computers didn’t work very well, and I remember using Word Perfect software. I’m retired now, but transcription is gone from all our facilities, replaced by Epic and Dragon. My last MT related job was in QA, which lasted until Dragon was “trained.” It isn’t perfect, but they all use disclaimers now that it was voice recognized. The facility where I worked uses medical students and residents as scribes, and I think the program is pretty successful. The reason I don’t ever see MT coming back on site is cost. No one is ever going to go to the expense of bringing staff back on site, the overhead expenses, wages and benefits. Budgets are tight and health care costs are already skyrocketing. You’ve mentioned Superior Global several times and must have issues with them for several reasons. If you have the time to wait things out and hope they improve, that is great, but I think the glory days are over. Time marches on, and technology is too advanced now to reverse what used to be. Good luck to you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)