Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

My experience was very positive - Sue

Posted: Aug 20th, 2022 - 10:46 am In Reply to: USA Transcripttion - JM

I was with them for 4-1/2 years on the medical transcription side, straight typing (which was what I loved), and really found my two supervisors to be just wonderful. The two checks each month were always sent on time. My only "complaint" was that needing to remain as an independent contractor brought the hourly rate of my pay down so low (because of the self-employment tax), that I really couldn't justify continuing, once I actually realized what that amount was, even though I enjoyed the work very much. (As an employee, my tax would have been zero). It was kind of "ignorance is bliss" for a while - not realizing what I was actually making per hour when I really did need to be supplementing my income. You know, working at home you think it must have been interruptions, goofing off, etc. -- but in response to my letting them know that I needed them to send me less work, they had given me a raise! I thought the raise might provide some "bargaining chips," -- i.e., I would ask if the money that would have been the raise could be used instead toward their tax burden for me if I became an employee, and that required me doing the calculations that finally led me to see how low the hourly rate actually was. So it's the end of an era for me! I'll be 73 next month, 50+ years of transcription, and I never got tired of it! So grateful to have had a career I truly enjoyed all my working life. Now, on to retirement!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)