Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Soft Script.. (Views: 57)

Saince VBC Job Ad - Anon

Posted: Aug 15th, 2022 - 10:03 pm

Saince job ad for QA Editors is shameful -- my opinion. As an MT QA Editor, I just am astonished that any MTSO would actually still advertise work at VBC these days.  Their $0.045 per line VBC equates to about $0.036 for a true 65 character line with spaces. 

Lots of QA jobs pay under $0.04 per line, but at least those MTSOs have the courage to tell the truth about the rate, and not use the VBC to make the amount seem better.

Saince requires the skill set of a living saint -- the thing in their ad that got me the most is the "Ability to QA 40+ accounts at one time."

To get $15 per hour, you would have to do over 330 lines an hour.  May be doable, if you had memorized all the "40 account" specs!! That might be where each provider may have their own set of specs. That's where you lose time and money, as well as the unpaid time it takes for any report that requires giving MT feedback.  

It's true if these are for psych reports, which can be long, you might get some good lines in an hour, but then also have to factor in the time to go through a long report.

Anyway, just me -- it's the VBC that I find most insulting. I wish the 2 applicants they choose the very best of luck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)