Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

A Couple of Questions - KillerAngel

Posted: Jun 23rd, 2021 - 9:51 am In Reply to: Fluency line count - wonderings

Since you have only 5 accounts, have you done certain dictators often enough to recognize parts of the physical exam or entire OR reports that are virtually always the same?

Does you employer place a limit on the size of expansions?

If you have recognized these types of reports and if there is no limit on the size of an expansion, have you made expansions for those parts/reports?

Are you allowed to F11 (totally erase) or to otherwise delete large amounts of the speech rec output file and insert those expansions?

If you can do these things, it should really help to increase your production because the expansion will work the way speech rec was supposed to work - you'll only have to add or delete a word here and there if you need to do anything at all to it.

I suspect you have already considered this, but offer it on the slim chance that you haven't. I really don't have anything else to offer for a major boost in production. That's why, after 44 years as an MT, I don't do it anymore and work in a library instead. I hope your MT situation works out better for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)