Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MT Shortage - My take

Posted: Apr 23rd, 2021 - 6:25 am In Reply to: That's a good point and I had not thought of that - I, too, have gotten a substantially

It would be nice if you were right about jobs coming back on site but I’m not seeing that where I live. With Epic and Dragon, the providers create their own documents and the rest gets sent to services. I can’t see any facilities going to the expense of revamping to restore MT to what it was. The providers might want it, but it’s an administrative decision and using EMRs affects Medicare payments and meaningful use. There could be an MT shortage because of COVID and people getting laid off and moving on to other things. Work has picked up as things begin to reopen, so maybe that is why there is a perceived MT shortage. I would think that MTs in India could still work at home, just as people do in the United States. Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but as long as work can be offshored and cheap labor is available, the situation probably isn’t going to improve.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)