Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

MT Profession - It is on the way out

Posted: Apr 22nd, 2021 - 5:35 pm In Reply to: I have been wondering also - MT47

I doubt that it will ever go back to what it was in any way, shape or form, especially the money part of it. VR is a wreck in more ways than one and I also doubt it will ever be as efficient as they claimed it to be.

I do believe a lot of MTs have retired or have just quit due to the requirements, etc., stated in the previous post.

You can abuse people just so long, but if you need to work and make money, this is not the job to have and even though they may want to work at home, they have bills to pay, etc., and find something else. That is what I did.

I got so sick and tired of all the nonsense rules, QA, low pay, IC status, that I took a PT after 20+ years of working at home and love it. I still do MT, but only minimally and at my convenience. I don't feel I owe them anything and if my equipment doesn't meet their standards, then I am done.

I have no sympathy for these MTSOs, they have all ruined a very good job and hurt a lot of very good workers along the way. This job has almost become a scam the way things are going.

The hospitals and clinics are no better, wanting work on the cheap, but I do feel what we are told by the MTSOs about all of the things we have to do and what the "client" wants is a lie and we do so much without any compensation and you better get it right! (demographics).

VDI was the biggest slap in the face next to the lies about VR and the cut in our pay. There should be a warning sign on all of the jobs posted, take this job at your own risk!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)