Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 41)

Softscript strikes again - PandaBear

Posted: Apr 19th, 2021 - 1:55 pm

So I (apparently stupidly) told my supervisor that my father has Alzheimer's and that I'm having no luck finding someone to come sit with him so I can work without having to get up every half hour to take care of him/be interrupted by him, etc.  I admit it HAS caused my production to go down a bit (but still over the minimum).  What a coincidence, less than a week after telling her this, I get audited and "failed."  The next day, I'm locked out the system and company email.  I get no phone call.  I finally send my supervisor an email from my personal email.  Three days later, after not being able to access the platform to work, she answers my email and says that HR will contact me.  Finally they do -- to inform me that because of my reduced production (my supervisor has told me in the past I was her highest producer) and my "failed" audit, I am being terminated.   Now, I know this is an at-will job and no reason has to be given to terminate someone.  But seriously, how obvious can they get?  These companies have no empathy for anyone.  I know they were worried that since I can't find someone to take care of dad right now, my production is going to be low, so that is why they terminated me.  Fine.  But I KNOW I probably did not fail that audit.  I have never failed one in the 25 years I've been an MT.   I think I'm going to take this as a blessing in disguise since they have started to implement voice recognition and I'm sure a huge pay cut is on the horizon.  Oh, one last thing, they tried to short me on my PTO payout by about $400.  When I told them I know that the California law is if you terminate an employee you MUST pay ALL due pay, including unused PTO, on the SAME day or there are penalties, THEN sure enough a check arrived the next day via FedEx.   Horrible, horrible company in every single way.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)