Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Scoop on Coded Note - just FYI

Posted: May 28th, 2020 - 2:31 pm

I saw a note on here about this company a week or so ago.  Thought I'd let you know a few things.  First, this is a company doing MT work for the first time.  First of all, they have you take 2-3 tests online, one of which is an IQ test.  When I asked on initial interview what type of work it was, I was asked what do you mean.  When they asked me about ESL dictators and I told them I'd done alot, I was asked what languages.  When i watched their "training video" I had a lot of questions.  Had a telephone appt set up for what I assume was training.  Told them I had some questions first.  I asked how long they had been doing MT work.  No real answer.  Have they heard of the Book of Styles?  No.  Why was their format the way it was (very cumbersome and time consuming).  No real answer.  Just this is the format I would have to work with.  I had seen in their "training video" that each MD had a sheet with preferences, including the one MD they showed us who didn't want hyphens in "year old", so asked did all of the MDs have these special preferences and many of you know why I would ask this.  Anyways, by the end of my questions I told him that I would be willing to try it part-time but not full-time until I saw how it went.  His answer was maybe this wasn't the job for me since most people were enthusiastic (or maybe he said excited) since there wasn't a lot of work out there for MTs and they were a new and expanding company and I was "telling him he didn't know what he was doing".  That told me everything I needed to know.  I only asked a lot of 'why' questions, many of which I didn't get an answer to.  Things like why do they recommend 2 monitors (saw no reason for that at all from training video), why did they recommend 100 mbps download speed (same, saw nothing in video but maybe they had a reason; nobody needs this kind of speed to do MT work usually).  I never once said anything indicating he didn't know what he was doing, I simply asked a lot of why questions, many of which he didn't answer and interpreted as me 'telling him he didn't know what he was doing', which to me is a bad sign.  If you get to their training video, you will understand why I was asking all these questions.  I just quit a company owned by someone who knew next to nothing about medical transcription, lost most of his medical clients because of not understanding the medical field and hiring some people who were newbies or not good at their job, and I was left with barely a paycheck to buy food finally.  Just couldn't take that chance again, especially with people who cannot simply answer questions honestly and instead interpret it as I was 'telling' them they didn't know what they were doing.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)