Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Made peace with VDI - Lisha

Posted: Aug 21st, 2019 - 4:24 pm

Last November I was determined to quit when VDI launched.  After some thought, however, I decided to give it a try and then leave if all of the horrible posts here were true.  Actually, it was a real roller coaster ride, but because I work for a company that, even though they take work for Nuance and did so even before VDI, treated me fairly and I had been with them for 6 years, I hung in there.  At least, we were not required to work with VDI until all the "bugs" were worked out and yes, it took almost 10 months but it finally happened.  I know a lot of you refused to go this route and I respect that, but I just wanted to post this note in case others are still on the fence with their decision.  The reality is this: VDI is just about everywhere and actually has been used now for years before this encounter.  I know since it is connected to Nuance, we all were ready to run and never look back, but if you happen to work for a good place who does not treat you like Nuance would or did (if you happened to work for them in the past, which I did), then it might benefit you to reconsider leaving just because of using VDI.  I work in it everyday now, and it is fine.  I also keep the older Inscribe program on the same computer, so if something glitches I can go there.  We have been told that if once on VDI, it malfunctions somehow, just contact your manager, email with what the problem is, and then go back outside VDI until the problem is fixed.  I have done this many times until the updates, etc. were put into play, and never had an issue with not being able to work.  VDI is close to launching and will soon be the "one and only" you can use unless you have a problem like I mentioned above.  So, this is just a friendly note from an MT who sat on both sides of the fence, to let you all know that VDI is not a monster and actually works smoothly and well.  Again, the choice to quit or stay and work in VDI is up to all MTs out there, but this is one MT who is very happy with her decision to stay put.   Good luck to all! 

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)