Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

Pretty bummed about all of it - dun

Posted: May 25th, 2019 - 10:42 am

I'm really pretty upset right now.  I just don't get it.  I took a job with one small company who said they wanted me to commit to 200 minutes a day.  That was almost 3 weeks ago and so far I have sat more without work than I have had work.

So I took another job and figured that would fill in the gaps.  Full time she said.  Great!  I'm thinking okay, work this one and let the other one fill in the gaps.  Now I find out that we are basically going to be slow on work most of the time once I learn the doctors, UNTIL we grow.  What?????  I know we won't have work from either of them today, which is Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and likely very slow on Tuesday, but in the meantime, I'm doing without any money at all.

Aren't there any companies out there anymore who actually NEED someone who is willing to work?????  This industry is just gone.

Now my problem is, I'm nearing 60 years old.  How do I find something else that I can do from home so I can take care of my aged husband (he's 81 with medical conditions), we have a farm that I need to do chores on, and a small side business that isn't making it right now, but involves animals, so they still need to be fed.  On top of which, I have fibromyalgia.  Hard to find a job off the farm that will allow me to make money and take care of all of this.  Transcription used to do that.  Not now.  Its not even transcription anymore.  Its called, "at the whim of the insurance companies, we'll do this or that!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)