Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal

Quitting this company - Best thing I have done

Posted: Feb 10th, 2019 - 9:16 pm

I was with Medquist/MModal for 15 years or so.  Then, a few years ago, around this time of year, work started getting really slow, which was typical.  My PTO was dwindling as I used it to substitute what I was losing with lack of work.  I made the decision to go back to school, so went through the list of programs at my local tech college, and picked something that was interesting.  I went to school during the day and worked MM at night and weekends, doing whatever work I could.  Since I made so little and had a family, FAFSA qualified me to have half of my schooling paid for by grants.  Two years later, a few months after graduation, I scored a job at a local business as the IT girl.  After six months of doing IT, I've received two raises and make $20.50 an hour (very good for where I live).  I enjoy going to work every day and get positive feedback all the time, sometimes verbally, sometimes in the form of a bonus check.  

In short, there are good jobs out there.  You don't have to stay with MModal (or it seems now called Aquity).  Going to school and working at the same time was a little rough and tiring, but by far the hardest part was taking the first step, and it was all worth it.  

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)