Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

Anyone getting RTAA allowance? - I am about to apply

Posted: Oct 14th, 2018 - 8:37 am

Just got a job which so far is paying very low (on production in the beginning it always is at least for me) and the RTAA (via TAA) is an allowance meant to bridge what you were making before and now.  My hourly pay was not bad with Nuance, it's just I was not getting the hours. I think you have to be over 50 too, which I am.

So just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this.  I am now an IC and get paid monthly and in my state as soon as you start working (even if you don't get paid until 6 weeks later) you stop getting UE, so pretty broke at this stage.

Is it worth applying for and do you have to jump through many hoops?  The office that controls this is 1 hour away from me and I have no car at the moment, so I am hoping they will accept my mailed in application.

I would appreciate any info from anyone who has experience with this allowance.  As far as retraining, I am relatively near retirement and cannot figure out anything that I could train for that also won't become obsolete in a few years and I don't want my SS going down, it's bad enough as it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)