Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Company Board

What is coming into play now with our field dying - is that we are watching how

Posted: Sep 18th, 2018 - 5:43 pm

the MTSO's will adjust to being manhandled by Nuance, what will they do with a dwindling supply of transcriptionists, how long they will be financially solvent, how long before clients all decide to use EMR and there are no more private contracts to be had, how long before private practices get absorbed by hospitals, on and on.  Will socialized medicine be in our future?  We have been driven out of our jobs, but now it has become a tennis match between the subcontracting services and Nuance.  Don't know what MM is doing yet but it seems that is coming to a head, too.  We no longer have leverage by being in so much demand that we could float from company to company depending upon who paid the most and all the differentials that were available.  I wouldn't say that a battle will be had because that implies that there is equal power to be used, but we are watching what will happen with those who couldn't resist the siren's song and take their boat into the rocky shore and pay the consequences.  Maybe it is a blessing in disguise that we were shoved out before the MTSOs start suffering.  I wouldn't want to be employed by one and be in the middle of that mess to come.  Yes, I am making a prediction but I haven't been wrong yet.  I have said it before; we are mixed up in this unprecedented time and I truly believe that any detail that someone is willing to post HAS to help someone somewhere.  Don't try to downplay or deny that tidbit of information which will possibly save someone's family and finances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)