Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

YES. Got 2 MT thru Indeed - not again

Posted: Sep 17th, 2018 - 3:26 pm In Reply to: Has anyone ever gotten hired when you applied for - a position listed on Indeed? sm

They were companies that used to post on stars and daily. Remember when MT Desk had job postings and monitors that answered questions?

But, yeah, Indeed is great. Several have responded and my resume is long and weird looking. Took months to get it looking decent on Indeed. Every time I applied for something they send me, I would have to edit a field. Finally got it straight. My resume isn't MT specific, either.

I've gotten one job, not MT, internet provisioning/broadband analyst b/c a recruiter saw my resume on Indeed. He called out of the blue. I was confused and couldn't remember applying. Didn't recognize the # and wasn't going to answer then thought, well I do have resumes out there so......

Finally, I just decided to look stupid and ask him how he got my resume... is there a bigger "I don't remember you or your job posting" out there? He said I got it off Indeed. Okay. Not my bad, my confusion is legit. I had tweaked my resume 2 days prior to include some non-MT work experience (which I have since left) and added some call center work I had done.

I've had several MT companies email me to work for them... but went through the whole process and got hired by 2. One didn't even give a typing test. Just a multiple choice written one.

There are a lot of work at home jobs out there. some bad pay some not. some with benefits. just need a secure, quiet work space, and a little experience.

Accounting - accounts payable, medical billing, and coding are good training to get to work at home. Not to mention learning a computer language. Like Ruby on Rails, Python, these are easier, big libraries of code out there so you don't have to write it all just copy and paste :D.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)