Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Main Board

Really. And editing sucks - not again

Posted: Sep 17th, 2018 - 3:10 pm In Reply to: Probably Indeed will be the next choice. Then again, - hasnt everyone applied with

The whole premise is whack. Whenever an MT used to start off with me about a typing speed and how that would make her a WONDERFUL MT (and speed is nice,I would just say, but for most doctors you can't hear that fast so your fingers will be stilled while your brain and your ears try to figure out what the heck they were trying to say. And therein the problem lies. But nice that the software industry has exploited this skewed thinking and MTs in the process.

I thought I'd give the editing a whirl but I'm going to have to do something different... again.

It's a rip off. Do the math. Look at dictated minutes - line counts - funnily enough it's coming out to 1:10 minutes to lines - almost on the money exactly and the time it takes is the time it takes. Can be as low as 4 or 5 bucks an hour. Makes 6 cpl for straight transcription (with short cuts and typing speeds combined) look better for production and money. I see women in the work pool .. they are working themselves to death to pay their bills. That's living to work, not working to live. AND.... I notice the owners are sitting pretty b/c they are just taking a % and not doing the hourly work. It's crazy.

Maybe if the doctors were easier... maybe, but you still do a lot of stuff you don't get paid for at production rates.

I wish we could just all take the red pill at the same time. Things would get better for MTs, then. And things are pretty good for everybody else right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)