Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Coding / Medical Billing Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 60)

Does ICD-10-PCS need an accompanying CM code? - coding noob

Posted: Aug 9th, 2018 - 10:07 pm

Am I right in assuming that in many cases PCS codes require an accompanying ICD-10-CM code in order to identify a procedure?

For example, I tried finding a PCS code for a Pilonidal Sinus Excision.  The closest code I see if fairly generic: 0HB8XZZ Excision of Buttock Skin, External Approach. Unless I’m wrong, this same PCS code looks like the only option for other similar conditions, like:

Pilonidal cyst with abscess,

Pilonidal cyst without abscess,

Pilonidal sinus with abscess,

Pilonidal sinus without abscess.

The above look like multiple ICD DX per 1 PCS.  It happens the other way too.  For example, when looking up a vasectomy, I see one ICD-10-CM code: Z98.52, however there appear to be multiple PCS codes for the same diagnosis --I’m guessing traditional and no scalpel(?):

0VBQ0ZZ  Excision of Bilateral Vas Deferens, Open Approach

0VBQ3ZZ  Excision of Bilateral Vas Deferens, Percutaneous

So, if the combination of PCS and CM codes are needed, how can I get the list of valid combinations?

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)