Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

M*Modal Today's Top Viewed: Integrity.. (Views: 50)

I ran out of work also -where's that big BACKLOG???? - Izopen

Posted: Jul 22nd, 2018 - 4:55 am In Reply to: Oh great. Started my shift but NJA. Must be due to additional hours for "big backlog" - and it is Saturday

I agree. We were told to MAKE UP our time due to BIG BACKLOG (even though NO jobs were out of TAT) and to do it WHENEVER you could (if you could not find any slots available on your extension schedule where you could work) and sure enough, I am sure many hopped on and/or were forced to hop on to cram that make up time in there (heaven forbid they turn in 1 or 2 hours NJA unpaid time) and now we run out of work. Again, this is a great example of poor management. Some managers go into PANIC mode if they see the numbers rising, others are more laid back. This particular manager panics and demands everyone get on and MAKE UP THAT WORK regardless of what it might do to everyone else's schedule. I am so sick of it. We were hired for a specific schedule and shift. We were not hired NOR are we paid to be present or available checking for work around the clock or to be "on call." Nuance got into some trouble over basically having their employees be "on call" scrounging around for work at all hours outside of their scheduled shift to look for work in order to make up time. They were not paying them for this and changed their policy where the employee would be released for the day and would not be required to keep "checking back" for work (unless they wanted to or got permission to do so from their supervisor). We should not have to show up for our required shift, run out of work at some point and then be required to come back later in the week to cram in make-up time. There goes the whole point of being hired for a set shift and covering that shift. For those who want to make up their work, fine. For those who don't, that should also be fine. For those wanting to choose PTO that should be fine. For those turning in Excused Absence No Work that should also be fine. M*MODAL's own company Work Availability policy says we can CHOOSE to submit any of those if we are NJA. I can understand if we are swamped with work and even maybe have an actual backlog, but if that were the case no one on ANY shift would be running out of work then to begin with, so all the above would not even be an issue!

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)