Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 66)

Laid off .... - Nhmt12

Posted: Jul 20th, 2018 - 3:35 pm In Reply to: To laidOffMT - Deb

In 40+ years, I experienced only one other layoff and that was in 2008 with the "other" big MTSO. After 20+ years as MT with them, my supervisor and her regional manager encouraged me to try QA. I did, but then "coincidentally" after about 6 months, a huge company-wide layoff. I was included and got a "heartfelt" phone call from the regional mgr who informed me that although my total time with that company was over 20 years, my severance pay would only be based on my new job classification, 6 months as QA. When I asked about returning to transcribing, her oh-so-compassionate response: "Well, that's a possibility"---At that point in the conversation, attitude changed and she could not have not been more abrupt and dismissive. So, since returning to MT with a company I had been with for 2 decades (with good metrics) was only a "possibility", I decided they could shove their fine company, went elsewhere, and ultimately ended up with a company that sold out to Nuance. Really, I greatly prefer Nuance's impersonal carnival-music recording because who needs some MTSO lackey calling me with her fake, phony compassion that runs out even before the phone call is terminated. Please don't waste my time or insult my intelligence with pseudo-compassionate phone calls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)