Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance

So I received an application for TAA from my - state DOL today!

Posted: Jul 20th, 2018 - 1:35 pm

I was anticipating having to drag it out of them and/or Nuance and waiting a couple more weeks, but there it was today. I have filled out the application and sent it back immediately. Since I have already been on partial UE for like 3-4 months and opportunity to apply runs out at 26 weeks, I'm glad it came when it did and I can get assessed for my eligibility for the different programs. I think once you are accepted as eligible they can extend your UE if necessary if you go for training.

I have 2 possible jobs lined up, both are IC, but I'm not sure about my eligibility for TAA if I become employed again (I am getting burned out from reading through legal forms and web pages about eligibility) so I am going to wait a couple of weeks to clarify and decide. I just don't want to inadvertently disqualify myself, even though I really want to start working again. Waiting around for this to end has taken a toll, but in the end it is worth it for me.  I am glad to receive the severance to give me a little breathing room.

Pretty sure I do not want training, but I would like to hear what they think would be good to train for anyway, and who knows I guess.  Mainly, the health care tax credit is of interest, where they can subsidize your health insurance premiums by 72.5% in my state.  I think they tell you who the insurance is, you don't just pick it off the ACA, so I want to find out how to go about that and get insured through TAA.

So, it looks like in my case at least Nuance is coming through - I was in the 10:30 layoff group. I hope everyone else is getting through this well. I am unsure how the severance pay will affect my UE, but I'm sure they will explain it to me and it will have to get docked, but it's still good, as long as I have something to carry me over for awhile until I get a new job or begin training.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)