Home     Contact Us    
Main Board Job Seeker's Board Job Wanted Board Resume Bank Company Board Word Help M*Modal Nuance New MTs Classifieds Offshore Concerns VR/Speech Recognition Tech Help Coding/Medical Billing
Gab Board Politics Comedy Stop Games Faith Board Prayer Requests Health Issues

ADVERTISEMENT

Nuance Today's Top Viewed: Who has Canadian accounts now?.. (Views: 51)

Managers do know, but not very far in advance - tnt

Posted: Jul 19th, 2018 - 3:45 pm In Reply to: Manager knows nothing - Jaggar

I was a prior manager at the other big name. Yes, we did know when things like this were coming down, but we knew only a day or two before the MTs, not very far in advance. The managers cannot say anything about it until afterwards. ALSO, more importantly, at least I got the opportunity to PERSONALLY CALL each person being laid off. There was no mass robotic call. Each manager called everyone, and there was one time I had to call about 40 people on my team alone. Their jobs are on the line too, as the accounts start to go. Also, the MTs that are selected to go have nothing to do with who the managers want to stay. Believe me, I had to call REALLY GOOD MTs to let them go when I would have given anything to keep them. However, in this corporate world nowadays and especially in this industry, the bottom line is all that matters and I think they feel even less sympathy for people they've never even met or spoken too because everyone works remotely.

ADVERTISEMENT

Post A Reply Reply By Email Options

Complete Discussion Below: ( marks the location of current message within thread)